PDA

View Full Version : T.Daggers normal attack blocking

Shirokami
Oct 23, 2012, 08:58 PM
So yeah, I spent some healing items on attempting to get the exact moment when the normal attack blocks damage as a just guard function and got the following.

Attack 1 block: http://i50.tinypic.com/14kgz1d.png - Right before the "Second slash" ends.
Attack 2 block: http://i49.tinypic.com/t9tctz.png - Right before does the "Cross slash" putting it's arms together.
Attack 3 block: http://i45.tinypic.com/2hr3fyp.png - Right after a little fraction of time since the kick and before the final slash.

Anyways, I don't reccomend anyone to do this instead of spinning with shift, but if you really want to master T.Daggers, well, you're free to practice~

Sesheenku
Oct 23, 2012, 09:46 PM
The only real problem is between the 2nd and 3rd slash, it's the weakpoint and you're bound to get smacked before if you don't change course.

Shift really is the better option but it's nice for this to be there too. I just wouldn't count on the last part to save you in a pinch.

Shirokami
Oct 23, 2012, 09:50 PM
The only real problem is between the 2nd and 3rd slash, it's the weakpoint and you're bound to get smacked before if you don't change course.

Shift really is the better option but it's nice for this to be there too. I just wouldn't count on the last part to save you in a pinch.

Actually I miraculoulsy survived a couple of times thanks to this :D

Sesheenku
Oct 23, 2012, 11:27 PM
Actually I miraculoulsy survived a couple of times thanks to this :D

How odd. I almost always get hit between attack number 2 and 3 but never get hit on 1-2. This was tested mostly with Dagan though and they seem to have good timing with their lunge lol.

otaku998
Oct 23, 2012, 11:53 PM
Should we really call these as Just Guards? I would rather call them Perfect Block or something along the line. Since Just Guard not only null dmg but also reflect the dmg back to enemies.

I know i am just being nitpick though.

But overall these little extras are what make Daggers second coolest weapon for me (1st being Partizans). With good timing you can literally keep on attacking and still won't take any dmg, though i am rather bad on that so still mainly relying on Shift. Speaking of which, it also took me some 20 levels into Fighter back then to notice Shift not only make a long perfect block but also deals dmg omi-direction at almost-zero-range. Alas the dmg for that is low but still

Shirokami
Oct 24, 2012, 04:37 AM
Should we really call these as Just Guards? I would rather call them Perfect Block or something along the line. Since Just Guard not only null dmg but also reflect the dmg back to enemies.

I know i am just being nitpick though.

But overall these little extras are what make Daggers second coolest weapon for me (1st being Partizans). With good timing you can literally keep on attacking and still won't take any dmg, though i am rather bad on that so still mainly relying on Shift. Speaking of which, it also took me some 20 levels into Fighter back then to notice Shift not only make a long perfect block but also deals dmg omi-direction at almost-zero-range. Alas the dmg for that is low but still

Partizans cool? My 394 damage partizan deals less damage per hit than my 180 damage gunblade ._.
Anyways, Daggers are really cool, but nothing beats the massive insane damage output of sabers! 3 PA kill on rockbear at level 6 :D

otaku998
Oct 24, 2012, 05:19 AM
Well i consider the weapon based on their style rather than dealing dmg. If it is to deal dmg = cool then partizan obviously doesn't even come close to some weapons lol.

Dinosaur
Oct 25, 2012, 06:42 AM

The property is called "Auto-Guard." It's used in fighting game terminology to describe a move that blocks and attacks.

Eternal255
Oct 25, 2012, 10:39 AM
i mostly find the dagger parry to be a extra bonus... if you're in the middle of attacking an enemy, itll through you off to try to time your next attack right. but it comes as a life saver many-a-times especially during quartz and his crystal laser attack (be attacking the wings when he decides to do this, and just happen to be attacking at the right time and parry all of the lasers as they fall from the sky)

also, i just call them parry's, as it is essentially what they are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parry_%28fencing%29