PDA

View Full Version : Drop process explained

mailsonds
Oct 23, 2012, 11:20 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/10/121023a.html

Shougai PSO dug up some tasty details on PSO2's drop system by speaking with Director Kimura at the recent "Arks Party" offline event.

Drop tables determine dropped items
* Unsurprisingly, drop tables determine what item(s) and enemy drops. Each table is divided into seven categories; only one category is assigned to "enemy drops." An "enemy drop" is simply a rare item dropped by an enemy.
* Enemy item drops are set up in the tables to drop based on enemy level.
* Reference the following Rockbear drop table for use in the example below which describes how the drop process works.

Rockbear drop table
Lv.1-10 (#1): Berdys / Ridol Mauls / Rockbear Relief
Lv.11-20 (#2): Berdys / Ridol Mauls / Rockbear Relief
Lv.21-25 (#3): Gungnir / Ridol Mauls / Knight Lancer / Rockbear Relief
Lv.26-30 (#4): Alba Berdys / Rock Knuckles / Knight Lancer / Rockbear Relief
Lv.31-35 (#5): Alba Gungnir / Rock Knuckles / Iku-tachi / Jagrias / Rockbear Relief
Lv.36-40 (#6): Alba Gungnir / Rock Knuckles / Iku-tachi / Jagrias / Rockbear Relief

Note: Once an item is successfully drawn from one of the following steps, the process will automatically skip ahead to step 8.

Step 1 of 9: Enemy is defeated.
* For this example, assume a Lv.33 Rockbear has been defeated.
* When an enemy is defeated, the "drop lottery" begins in the following order.

Step 2 of 9: Draw from tier matching enemy's level.
* In this example, the lottery will draw from tier #5 (Lv.31-35).
* When there are multiple items in a drop tier, a single item is not randomly drawn. Instead, each item undergoes the lottery process.
* Drop rate boosters do affect this process.

Step 3 of 9: Draw from one tier below enemy's level.
* In this example, the lottery will draw from tier #4 (Lv.26-30) since it is one tier below the tier that matches the enemy's level.
* When there are multiple items in a drop tier, a single item is not randomly drawn. Instead, each item undergoes the lottery process.
* Drop rate boosters do affect this process.

Step 4 of 9: Class drop lottery
* This lottery includes class-specific drops such as common weapons and discs.
* Drop rate boosters do not affect this process.

Step 5 of 9: Common drop lottery
* This lottery includes enemy-specific unit drops. (Units that drop from destroying particular enemy parts are handled separately from this.)

Step 6 of 9: Area drop lottery
* This lottery includes area-specific room decoration drops.

Step 7 of 9: Meseta drop lottery
* This lottery handles how much Meseta drops from an enemy.

Step 8 of 9: For bosses only, repeat steps 2 through 7. Normal enemies skip this step.
* This step is used to fill in the additional drop slots that bosses have. The lotteries in steps 2 through 7 are repeated as many times are necessary to fill up each boss drop slot.

Step 9 of 9: End of lottery, no drop.
* If all steps are run through and a drop is not drawn, this step ends the lottery process with no drop.
* This step applies only to normal enemies because bosses will always drop at least Meseta for each drop slot.

Via: EspioKaos /http://forum.psupedia.info

Narugami
Oct 23, 2012, 11:58 PM
...So basically, drop rate boosters are useless in trying to obtain rares?

Onvirtual
Oct 24, 2012, 12:08 AM
Step 6 of 9: Area drop lottery
* This lottery includes area-specific room decoration drops.

So basically any area-specific drop (shown when accepting quest in quest counter) plays a big role if it's dropping or not..

I read the description wrong, so ignore above statement (only meant for decoration room stuffs)..

And quite a relieve that I don't need to waste my rare drop booster just to get me 9000

Shinmarizu
Oct 24, 2012, 12:21 AM
Since rares from one tier below are rolled as well, drop rate boosters help in getting rares to drop, but the drop may not be the rare you want.

This all screams: "Pray for the stars to align PROPERLY when you kill something..."

otaku998
Oct 24, 2012, 12:25 AM
I am both happy and not happy about this....

Onvirtual
Oct 24, 2012, 12:41 AM
This indicates me that getting S rank all the time on boss run is the most important thing ever.. as well as bringing along some rare drop booster + weapons (possibly photon tree buff too) if you need it..

jooozek
Oct 24, 2012, 12:51 AM
So this means I could get 8 Ikutachis from one Rockbear? :eek:

Onvirtual
Oct 24, 2012, 01:13 AM
^ Possible, but the chance of rare is so low that you probably won't even see 2 of them dropping..