PDA

View Full Version : Amduscia Time Attack guide

Golto
Oct 25, 2012, 05:40 PM
Does anyone have a detailed guide for this TA? I'm having problems getting to the 2nd console in the upper-left of the map.

Z-0
Oct 25, 2012, 10:28 PM
Amdusica is the simplest, yet the most annoying and bothersome Time Attack in my opinion.

---

NOTE: Dragons should not be killed if possible. The last area consists of many eliminations, and the number you receive depends on how many dragons you kill. If you kill 0 (or sometimes 1, but not guaranteed), you will get no eliminations in the last area, speeding up the run by many minutes.

Floating Continent starts with a room with 4 Dagacha and 2 Kartargots. These need to be killed to proceed. To the right of this room is a console which spawns a turret you can use in the third room. This is not required for the Continent shortcut, and it does nothing else, contrary to popular belief.

The second room is simply a darker kill room. 2 Micdas, 2 Ol Micdas, 2 Ga Wondas and 2 Gu Wondas. Simple enough; split accordingly. Unless you "ban" the use of it or something, it is highly recommended that a RA uses weak bullet on all Wondas, as they take a while to kill (Double Sabers rip through them even without weak bullet, though).

The third room is where you'll meet your first dragons. All players should avoid attacking dragons here; either be careful when firing your PAs/Technics, or switch to single target only ones (which tend to be less powerful and slower, but are safer in this room). This will avoid killing the dragons; there are 3. When there are only 3 dots left on the map, move to the next room.

The next room has 2 El Ahdas and 2 Kartargots. 2 players should move forward and kill them, while 2 players platform to get the yellow switches. It's recommend ranged classes go up there, so they can still attack while on top. After the room is cleared, the players waiting for the switches should stand on the switches and should not move. Providing the players don't move, the catapult that spawns near the structure to your right will remain activated. This sends one player over the large wall to your left. It is preferable that a FO goes over this wall, as they can use a Zonde technique to kill all the fish instantly. After these are dead, the second console can be reached. This does the following:

- Allows you to skip the Micda room.
- Allows you to skip the first attack.
- Allows you to skip the second attack.
- Allows you to skip the room after the second attack.

This is a pretty significant shortcut and requires at least 3 players to utilise.

The rest of the run is a pretty simple darker kill. There is a dragon just before the third attack, which should not be killed unless you like eliminations to waste your time.

The third attack can be skipped in two ways; both requiring mechguns:

- All players possess a pair of allclass mechguns and flip over the last attack.
- The player who uses the CATAPULT possess a pair of allclass mechguns and skips the FIRST attack instead of using the catapult over it. Only one attack can spawn at once, and if this player skips the first attack, the rest can just walk over the third without mechguns.

Caves is pretty straightforward and simple. After taking your first warp, all players should split to the 4 corners of the swastika. At the end of each one is a switch, which is required to proceed. AFter the swastika, you'll come across a switch marathon. Just walk forward and you'll reach the end.

You'll then come across a large room with darkers and dragons. As before, kill all the darkers and ignore the dragons. After these darkers are dead, you'll face the Gwanaha. You can go about her in two ways:

- Weak Bullet the face and do damage that way.
- Get rid of all the arms to expose her body. NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE, depending on how her arms upon entrance.

After killing her, proceed to area 3 and kill Vol. You will have to do eliminations if you killed any dragons, but that is all.
There are two ways to go about Vol:

- RECOMMENDED: Have a Ranger Weak Bullet the tail and smash it. After the tail is gone, weak bullet the front horn and break it. This will stun Vol further. Then, weak bullet the head and attack it consistently. Interestingly enough, you can "break" the head (not literally), which keeps stunning him over and over again and makes the fight rather trivial.
- After breaking the tail, weak bullet the infection spot instead and keep attacking that. Not always recommended, as Vol has a lot of HP and not all classes can easily attack the infection point. Easiest if you have a lot of FOs.

Golto
Oct 26, 2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks we were trying with 2 people so that's why we couldn't get to the 2nd console.

saihamaru
Oct 29, 2012, 09:30 PM
The player who uses the CATAPULT possess a pair of allclass mechguns and skips the FIRST attack instead of using the catapult over it. Only one attack can spawn at once, and if this player skips the first attack, the rest can just walk over the third without mechguns.
tried this one, not working...
i successfully flipped over the last code, but i failed miserably over and over on this one
my height is okay, but it's like there's an invisible wall preventing me to cross it... how come?

Z-0
Oct 29, 2012, 10:47 PM
It's there for like 5 seconds. Keep flipping and it will go away after a while. Probably should've noted that.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 30, 2012, 02:04 AM
+^_^+ glad I'm not the only that noticed the left facing swastika!! *is it wrong that there's Unicode for it??*卍卐 +^_^+ if you have JP IME for PSO2, you should be able to type "manji" hit space and the 6th one down will be a swastika, of course that's the leftward facing one which is much older then the Nazi one and is a symbol associated with Buddhism+^_^+

gigawuts
Oct 30, 2012, 08:23 AM
So how about when vol doesn't even spawn? Is this a common bug? Is it known what triggers it?

saihamaru
Oct 31, 2012, 10:55 AM
ok, okay, thanks for that XD
gonna try it again later

it's working!! XD

Syklo
Nov 22, 2012, 07:30 AM
The third room is where you'll meet your first dragons. All players should avoid attacking dragons here; either be careful when firing your PAs/Technics, or switch to single target only ones (which tend to be less powerful and slower, but are safer in this room). This will avoid killing the dragons; there are 3. When there are only 3 dots left on the map, move to the next room.

The next room has 2 El Ahdas and 2 Kartargots. 2 players should move forward and kill them, while 2 players platform to get the yellow switches. It's recommend ranged classes go up there, so they can still attack while on top. After the room is cleared, the players waiting for the switches should stand on the switches and should not move. Providing the players don't move, the catapult that spawns near the structure to your right will remain activated. This sends one player over the large wall to your left. It is preferable that a FO goes over this wall, as they can use a Zonde technique to kill all the fish instantly. After these are dead, the second console can be reached. This does the following:

Question: Will the catapult near that structure remain activated provided the 2 players don't move from those switches but the dragons prior to that area were killed?

Also, I'd like to mention that the continent shortcut is possible via a different, lengthier alternative.

Get a fighter, starting from the switch closest to the wall, jump and make him/her use shoot polka about 4 times, close to the wall, and then use raging waltz to dive onto the wall and simply walk over.
That's how we did it in our first run.......lol.

Dinosaur
Nov 22, 2012, 12:42 PM
There's a number of shortcuts for GU and Twin Machine Gun in this TA. The most obvious one is being able to jump over the big wall(the one that requires 2 people to press buttons for the jumper to appear). Bypassing the buttons and jumping over the wall does not ruin the sequence. Useful for 2 player runs or if one player happens to step off a button.

Z-0
Nov 22, 2012, 01:10 PM
And what is there except that, the attack skips and the freefall in Area 2? I might add none of these require Gunner, but just access to the all-class Mechguns as I've done them all on FO/TE (and other combinations without GU).

And the catapult deactivates if anyone moves off the switches, yes.

Dinosaur
Nov 22, 2012, 02:02 PM
and that's why i said "Gunner and Twin Machine Gun"

Syklo
Nov 22, 2012, 05:02 PM
and that's why i said "Gunner and Twin Machine Gun"
2 things here:
-This implies (to me at least) specifically a gunner using twin machine guns, not a gunner OR anyone else using twin machine guns.
-A gunner using a gunslash won't make the jump, but can with twin mechs. Likewise, any other class with (most of) their weapons won't make the jump, but can with twin mechs.
A fighter could make the jump with enough pp/timing.

And the catapult deactivates if anyone moves off the switches, yes.
So my hunch was right when we did it the first time......it's just we stuffed up cuz we walked off -.-

Lostbob117
Nov 22, 2012, 10:01 PM
Be best if someone posted a video of all the time attack for guides. Maybe make one thread of time attack guides.

Miraclearrow
Nov 23, 2012, 09:13 AM
Hey, not sure if it was mentioned here but if you have a player who is i think Gunner Class, you can only have one code:destruction or w/e where the floor falls through. So what you do is you have all the players skip over the first code except your gunner. Then once everyone is over the 3rd platform you get the gunner to vault out of it. You can do the same strategy if that person is really strong and they just kill everything except for one of the enemies so that when you pass the final platform they kill the final enemy BUT, then the floor will fall through when they get to the platform before the end of the level.

Z-0
Nov 23, 2012, 11:44 AM
Don't need a Gunner, just someone with the all-class mechguns who can time flips. I put that in my first post here.

I might add that the invisible wall if you spawn a code lasts for 15 seconds. It's quite disappointing you can't just Dead Approach over them anymore (unless you're not the person who spawned it, but that's just annoying).

Miraclearrow
Nov 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
^ Nice. Sorry, I didnt see. I think really doing those time skips and not killing any dragon's is really all you need to complete this with S rank. Its funny because VH is actually easier because the dragonkin actually have more HP and you don't accidentally kill them!