PDA

View Full Version : You are the epitome of laziness...

Tyreek
Oct 26, 2012, 03:22 AM
Time for some work rant. I was gonna drop this at the BullShxt, but no. Too long. Too pent up. And I have actually taken it personal to my pride. *Caution: Strong words to be used here*

So one of my coworkers was sent home for having a bad attitude, so another worker opted in her place to do clean up. She has to do dishes. Not hard right? Wrong. Let me point out how fucking lazy this dumb ass is. She has a "hard" time washing the dishes. She has a "hard" time mopping the floors. She has a "hard" time with "hard" work period.

I don't care if you had a double shift or not. You said you were gonna wash the dishes? You wash them. You don't wash some, and then leave the rest. You were given the opportunity to have a break. You don't want to take one? That's not my problem. The manager gave you the chance. And on top of it all: No. It is not my fault that you have to wash so many fucking dishes. Get off that fucking phone and clean up LIKE YOU ARE PAID TO DO! And you wonder why those dishes piled up? Because your lazy ass is too distracted listening to music and shit on that dumb ass phone, with that dumb ass Pokemon Fire Red hack you play on it. Spend less time texting and acting a slut over the male workers, and maybe you won't be having trouble!

3 coworkers can get those dishes done lickkity split. And they're preggo'd. Inexcusable! And your ass can't do shit! Why the fuck do you still work here?! And this girl had the audacity, the arrogance, and the fucked upness to get in my face when I spoke the truth after she blamed me for her troubles, that I didn't do any fucking work at all. That I do no work at all, while she slaved??? The manager was sitting right there too, and had to break it up when it escalated.

Her cousin works there too, and I'm cool with her, and she told me to ignore that shit afterwards. But no. It fumes me up so hard that I had the chivalry to hold my tongue. Fuck this shit!

Who provides the food for the grill? I do. Who cleans up the floor after you all act careless with the food? I do. Who has to take out ALL the trash? I do. Who the fuck cleans up all that shit and grease behind the fryer? I do. Who the FUCK HAS TO CLEAN UP THE FLOORS AFTER Y'ALL LEAVE?! I. FUCKING. DO. What do you do?! Sit on your ass eating. On the phone. Acting like a fucking whore hitting on the male coworkers, and the manager; I'm sorry, but are you surprised I don't want you? That I ever wanted you? Don't think about it too hard girl. Doing shit tastic attempts at doing your job if its not front line window work. I tolerated you for so long. But now... You are on my shit list. No hugs, no hellos. Get the fuck away from me woman. You are the epitome of laziness, and you dare say I don't work hard?! I'll always work harder than you ever will bitch! You will remember that, the next time you try to mouth at me again about hard work.

Work was shit today. And she added the bile that made it sting on the way down. When it came time for me to put my grill pieces back, where do I find them? In the sink. Dirty. I made a point to see how fast I could get them clean on my own. 5 fucking minutes. How does that compare to the time it takes her? Astronomical. I'm glad I told the other manager when he called in and made a check up on the cleaning process. And I hope her ass gets a write up, because maybe she'll wise the fuck up when it happens.

Fucking laziness!

CelestialBlade
Oct 26, 2012, 04:25 AM
That shit drives me up the wall too. We've had that issue with a couple of warehouse crew members where I work where they find it acceptable to do less work than everyone else, which slows the whole team down and makes the site look bad, and then have the audacity to complain about it. That's a real pet peeve of mine--I know people have bad days, and I know some days are harder than others, trust me, but don't endlessly bitch about your job. You signed up for it; deal with it. Considering how many people are still without work at all, most job complaints are just selfish, arrogant, and lazy anyway. Her case is even worse, because she has a job but is clearly unappreciative of it. How many hours you work or coming off a double shift is completely irrelevant--people work long hours, doesn't make one special. Just deal with it and do the job.

Hope she gets some kind of reprimand.

gigawuts
Oct 26, 2012, 04:44 AM
Say that if she doesn't like it she could find a job she does like.

And when she says she can't find other work, ask why she still doesn't value this job if it means other people without work at all can't find one either.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 26, 2012, 05:19 AM
I've been there.

It'll be hard to make it a habit not to be so self sufficient and always pick up the slack everytime and thus some co-workers will be both oblivious to doing the same work you can in a timely manner, while they may also rely on you to do way more than you seem to be paid for. Maybe they don't care, maybe they just can't right? Get away with the bare minimums, even if the place gets dragged down in a snowball effect as such from neglect, or shitty workers closing = more work during opening crew shifts.

Shit my boss fucked around pretending he was 15 yrs old having a grand old time during closings like the people he hired while I slaved away basically alone.

Lack of training or just outright discipline from the top down. Hiring process gone wrong, laziness to fire and hire more which its mostly a revolving door, this industry, not that hard to start over with a new staff.

I might be going back into the restaurant working world soon, of which I keep hearing an owner gets taken advantage of every which way on money, stolen right from under his hands/behind his back. Don't know how and if anyone is fired for that.

Of which a Bar Rescue show had that issue with an owner and even though he stepped up to tell them they were fucking with his money, a recap at the end said he hired those guys back.

I'll be appreciative of a job, basically handed to me, which does sound like it has room to grow. But this'll be something else walking the fine line of justice, righteousness, if and when it comes up. Kinda nervous, staying up late here keeping busy before a first day, before training, before 2-3 days from now grand opening.

DayDreamer
Oct 26, 2012, 07:13 AM
She's been acting like this for awhile I'd imagine but don't let it get to you. Life is going to smack her in the face when she has to take her job seriously for once.
Unless your boss is thinking with his pants rather then his brain, hopefully she gets whats coming to her.

Laziness is everywhere.. sadly.
Best of luck to you, its a shame people even have to go through this.

NoiseHERO
Oct 26, 2012, 08:57 AM
Her job sounds mad cushy

Sayara
Oct 26, 2012, 10:16 AM
Are you a lead? Or someone with manager type status?
No? Then why should you care if the laziness of one other worker? Do your shift go home.

gigawuts
Oct 26, 2012, 10:26 AM
One person doing bad or poor work affects the entire location. And, believe it or not, some people care about how their employer is doing.

Weird concept right?

Sayara
Oct 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
I know this. I am severely guilty of this but getting so worked up over something that you cannot really change isn't healthy either dont you think?

I've worked the samejob fir six years and find myself the.only reliable clerk for the department being stuck doing everything in and out my department but enough BS is enough though.

gigawuts
Oct 26, 2012, 10:50 AM
Unfortunately, the fact that you're good at your job is probably why you're still doing it. That seems to be the nature of the business world. Many managers will refuse to move someone to a higher position because they're a safe pick for a certain job.

People suck.

Tyreek
Oct 26, 2012, 01:06 PM
Are you a lead? Or someone with manager type status?
No? Then why should you care if the laziness of one other worker? Do your shift go home.

And this girl had the audacity, the arrogance, and the fucked upness to get in my face when I spoke the truth after she blamed me for her troubles, that I didn't do any fucking work at all. That I do no work at all, while she slaved??? The manager was sitting right there too, and had to break it up when it escalated.

That was more of the set off point. How exactly would you feel if someone got in your face pointing at you with soaped up hands talking shit about stuff that clearly was A.) Untrue, B.) Disrespectful, and C.) Unnecessary. Yeah, it shouldn't be my problem to worry. I honestly never was. But when you think its cool and shit to mouth off at me with a fucking complex, when you clearly don't know what you're talking about, I may be inclined to put you in your place. Unfortunately, that didn't happen that night. And she needs to be told off. Its not the first time someone told her to stfu when she runs her mouth. And if she isn't careful, I'm gonna be the next to tell her so. The manager asked you why isn't your shit finished. Its not my fault you can't do shit right. Its YOUR FAULT. Stop that damn eating and texting and maybe you won't fuck up as much with your easy ass job.

My tolerance has limits. And she's beginning to breach it. Now I don't give a fuck what happens to her now. She says she doesn't care about the job anyway. So she needs to be kicked. But we're shorthanded, which probably explains why they're reluctant to boot people. We already had 1 fired and 3 who left for new work and or college.

After the manager on the phone was told about the situation, he asked if I could help clean up the rest. Since the remaining of the crew half assed and left, the manager with me had to take up the slack. He did the machines and floors, and I did the remaining dishes. Now I clearly could have said no, but he propositioned me some more hours in exchange. My job is strict with overtime, but that's an opportunity there. On top of that, our GM opens the next day. And if she saw what was left, I can guarantee we wouldn't like what would come out of her mouth. I had to do all of this off the clock, which would have left a sour taste in my mouth, but the manager was cool enough to bump my time up by an extra 20 minutes. Guess its good to know somebody looked out for me.

Mystil
Oct 26, 2012, 01:55 PM
I don't know where to begin with this. Anyone who has ever worked for or is working for Kroger would definitely share your feelings in this. This is why I depend on myself at work and no one else.

Blue-Hawk
Oct 27, 2012, 01:33 PM
Keep in mind what I like to say. If you want something done, do it yourself. If you NEED something done, you HAVE to do it yourself.

I'm an assistant manager at my job. We have part timers too. One is pretty lazy but gets the job done. I admit I'm a bit lazy myself. Laid back if you will. But when the shit needs to get done, I do it myself instead of relying on others. Learned that lesson long ago.

NEVER rely on others when at work.

Edit- And if that doesn't work, you can always grab her phone, take out the battery and tell her she gets it back after her shift is done and EVERYTHING she does is finishes. If it's half done, giver her back half her battery. :P

Dre_o
Nov 6, 2012, 03:23 PM
Never become complacent. Do your job and do it with PRIDE. Because the SECOND you "just do your shift and leave" you're one step away from not giving a shit about your shift period.

But my recommendation for getting rid of her? Talk to the person above your manager. Go to the person whose money she is wasting and see what they have to say about it. If that fails, get a new job. Its not impossible and working in a shitty job like that is not worth it.

Noblewine
Dec 26, 2012, 11:40 AM
This is a problem with every work place, you have to deal with some retard that shows up for work but has an attitude or causes unwanted drama for some reason. I know it sucks and it gets to a point where you try to ignore it but never solves the problem. Even reporting it to a manager or someone who is a higher rank won't help either. When I reported a problem one time they changed my shift so I had to work alone in the morning till 2pm. It wasn't the best solution but it temporarily fixed the problem. =\

I can barely tolerate the favoritism, racism or sexism at most of my past jobs that made it impossible for me to work. That's the worse thing.