PDA

View Full Version : Tech Bonus S-Rank Cane

MasterJoel
Mar 29, 2003, 03:31 PM
according to this website, cane weapons give a 40% technique bonus to basic techniques... does this include the s-rank cane? i can spare the grinders, lol. are there any other better s-rank weapons for my FOmar? thanks...

VulpesMundi
Mar 29, 2003, 04:53 PM
I don't believe the S-rank Cane gives a spell bonus. The cane-class weapons in question are the Club of Laconium, Mace of Adaman, and Club of Zumiuran. The Summit Moon also gives a bonus to all the basic techs, which is the better choice if you have the means to get one and the MST to equip it.

MasterJoel
Mar 29, 2003, 07:41 PM
On 2003-03-29 13:53, VulpesMundi wrote:
I don't believe the S-rank Cane gives a spell bonus. The cane-class weapons in question are the Club of Laconium, Mace of Adaman, and Club of Zumiuran. The Summit Moon also gives a bonus to all the basic techs, which is the better choice if you have the means to get one and the MST to equip it.

the page in question is here:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=472

it clearly lists canes and the special canes separately... which is why i asked... is this this a mistake? or is it that i am reading it wrong?

knowing this, can anyone tell me if the S-rank cane has a bonus? sorry VulpesMundi, but i sorta want a second opinion...

VulpesMundi
Mar 30, 2003, 01:46 AM
If the basic weapons had a spell bonus, why would anyone bother looking for the special weapons? There'd be no point in looking for most of them. As someone who has played a FOnewearl to level 148, a FOnewm to level 45, and a FOmarl to level 9 (just counting E1&2 on the GC), I can assure you that basic cane-class and wand-class weapons do not give any spell bonus. Wand-class weapons will give a slight damage increase to offensive spells, but that's because they raise MST. I can also tell you that the bonus from the Club of Laconium, Mace of Adaman, and Club of Zumiuran is only 30% (I calculated damage variances to be sure). And I can also tell you that the Fire Scepter: Agni effects all three foie-type spells, Ice Staff: Dagon effects all three barta-type spells, and Storm Wand: Indra effects all three zonde-type spells. So to answer your question, yes there are some errors in the guide. And as for the S-ranks I can't assure you they don't have spell bonuses since I don't have any of them, but common sense tells me they don't.

Stalfos333
Mar 30, 2003, 02:00 AM
I'll back up fox boy, and go a step further. Not only is there no tech bonus for normal force canes and wands, in most cases a tech reliant force is better off going without a weapon than equipping a normal cane. In many cases, better off without weapon than with a normal wand.

Cast time tends to be faster naked, especially for males, it seems, and that extra speed will save you when the press is on. Wands give a slight MST boost, so it's a trade off of speed for slight power. Regular wands and canes are pitiful for attacking, boost nothing, and slow down cast rates for males. Do the math.

MasterJoel
Mar 30, 2003, 11:41 AM
well, i guess i am just upset because that is not the answer i wanted to hear... oh well, but thanks, because i am convinced now... maybe we should bring that page to the attention of the website staff so as they can fix it?

and stalfos, casting with naked fingers? fomars already cast quickly (which is what i use), and if casting naked is really that much faster, why not use a fist weapon for the added atp and ata? i know i do! fomars rock anyway. i love balanced characters...