PDA

View Full Version : Swords

Not Crazed
Oct 29, 2012, 09:32 AM
Right, i wana get good with swords, but i don't know what to practice etc...

I have the gear, and i am leveling atm, but i need to get better with the sword, and need to know what in the hunter skill tree makes it good... :)

Thanks,
Crazed

gigawuts
Nov 2, 2012, 03:44 PM
Fill the trees up to these skills:

Just Reversal

Just Guard

Sword gear

JA Bonus 1 & 2 as high as they go

yer gud

Lostbob117
Nov 2, 2012, 03:49 PM
Try Sonic Arrow.

Squire Grooktook
Nov 2, 2012, 05:31 PM
Rising Edge is also god tier. In single combat, combo in to it (has to be second hit or else they can move) then either do twisting fall or air combo, depending on how much PP you got. Against bosses, fill the gear and go dps mad with the instantly charged version.

As said above Sonic Arrow is an amazing projectile.

gigawuts
Nov 2, 2012, 05:40 PM
Ride slasher is actually a really good PA, way better than I expected if you have things to actually hit in your full path. It's also good for closing the gap while also dealing a hit or two.

Nov 2, 2012, 06:14 PM
Fill the trees up to these skills:

Just Reversal

Just Guard

Sword gear

JA Bonus 1 & 2 as high as they go

yer gud

You forgot the most important, step attack.

gigawuts
Nov 2, 2012, 06:29 PM
Step attack is required for just reversal.

Stormwalker
Nov 9, 2012, 12:50 AM
Don't forget Nova Strike!

- charges almost instantly with full Sword Gear for rapid AoE destruction
- lv. 11+ does strong damage
- provides 360 degree protection in crowded packs of mobs
- pretty decent even uncharged

My Sword PA's of choice tend to be: Sonic Arrow, Nova Strike, Rising Edge, Stun Conside, Cruel Throw. Obviously, the last two are not used for damage, they're there for dealing with obnoxious things like Garongos (now in improved high-hp level 49 variant!) and El Ahda (also upgraded to level 49 with ruins-grade hp!) that need to be locked down to keep them from causing havoc.

Of course, you'll still lean heavily on Sonic Arrow for MPA.

Of course, my HU pallets look a little different than most, given I have 3xSword, 2xDagger (go go Nishiki!), 1xGunslash

As far as the actual skill tree goes, Gigawuts pretty much nailed it. That's the basic offense-oriented Hunter build, the one most folks recommend. You can't go wrong with it. Also works very well as a subclass build for Fighter, which benefits heavily from all that JA Bonus.

otaku998
Nov 9, 2012, 02:13 AM
Sonic arrow, Cruel Throw, Rising Edge/Twister Fall, Over End for PA. Though Over End is just a personal recommendation. Since while it is so far the only skill that can take full use of Sword huge raw dmg, it is also hard to impossible to pull a guard cancel with it + slow = dangerous to use.

Otherwise just practice using Just Guard and stuff like above mentioned