PDA

View Full Version : Is it weird?

IKeepItReal
Oct 31, 2012, 07:01 PM
Is it weird for PSO2 to close right after the SEGA introduction screen? Like right before the Press Button screen it closes with some error. It says "PSO2 has stopped working"

Pirrip
Oct 31, 2012, 07:06 PM
I don't think it's weird. I think it's typical for a lot of new players. I had that issue for a while... and frankly, I don't know what I did to resolve it. It used to happen all the time for me, though.

IKeepItReal
Oct 31, 2012, 07:51 PM
I don't think it's weird. I think it's typical for a lot of new players. I had that issue for a while... and frankly, I don't know what I did to resolve it. It used to happen all the time for me, though.

So no idea how you fixed it?

Pirrip
Oct 31, 2012, 08:29 PM
So no idea how you fixed it?

Well, it kind of phased out on me. I read through other people having the same issue here on PSO-World. I would try reinstalling it(several times I did this... >.<), stopping my antivirus software, running the game in a sandbox, all kinds of things. All different combinations. Sometimes I would be lucky and it would run for a while until it froze in-game someplace. Sometimes it would freeze right after the SEGA emblem/logo. Sometimes it would run fine... It was really stressful.

After three or four different patches, I stopped having problems. One weird thing that tended to work for me more often was switch from Windows 7's Aero theme to its Basic theme.

I wish you luck. I honestly could not tell you what it was that caused my problems to cease... but I did want to tell you it wasn't atypical. A lot of people are having/have had these issues.

P.S. I'm not a huge PC gamer to begin with, I wish I could be more helpful.