PDA

View Full Version : "Techer" why?

Angelo
Oct 31, 2012, 07:58 PM
Why the hell do we keep romanizing this class as 'Techer"? It's not. It's Techter.

I thought it was a fun mash-up of the words "Tech" and "Protector", since they're a support class.

Weird.

Pirrip
Oct 31, 2012, 08:10 PM
Why the hell do we keep romanizing this class as 'Techer"? It's not. It's Techter.

I thought it was a fun mash-up of the words "Tech" and "Protector", since they're a support class.

Weird.

Probably because the terms "Gunner", "Fighter", and "Techer" were all used in PSU. I think a lot of us already know it's really pronounced TeKuTa in Japanese. I think it's okay to call it techer, especially if you played any of the PSU universe games.

But that is an interesting way to think of it, since it is kind of a buffing, healing, melee/technic class.

I call it tekuta when I talk/play with my JP friends. But here, I just call it techer. Even if SEGA's localization team ends up calling it "Techter", I don't care. Techer Techer Techer.

CelestialBlade
Oct 31, 2012, 09:48 PM
Because "Techter" is really annoying to say.

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 10:39 PM

Weird.

I've always wondered why we call it techer, when force is clearly the intended and blatantly superior dedicated tech-oriented class. The only upper hand techer has is perhaps the masteries for wind, light and poison. Force has better skill tree bonuses for dedicated teching with less downtimes, reduced need to melee, etc.

"Protector" is a more fitting term with the class's abilities and intended role, and on that note Tector is a much better name in my opinion. Good thought.