PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Want to play with others, some questions

ReddMcKnight
Oct 31, 2012, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone. I have the regular, english version of Phantasy Star Portable 2, and I want to play online with others, but I have some questions:

1. Can I play with CFW? If yes, how?

2. What is a Little Wing License?

3. Is it important that people be at the same level, because my character is still weak. Also, do you use your Story Mode Character online?

blace
Oct 31, 2012, 09:00 PM
1. Yes you can and depends on the CFW.

2. It's an online passport of sorts saying you bought the game through legal channels, like buying the UMD new. However, the codes never worked to begin with.

3. Whatever progress you've made is saved to the character such as unlocking B rank missions. You use the same character from story for multiplayer.

ReddMcKnight
Oct 31, 2012, 09:21 PM
My CFW is 6.60 PRO-B9.

blace
Oct 31, 2012, 10:06 PM
It'll work fine then. Just make sure to backup your saves before hopping online, malicious players taint what's left of the community.

Ame
Oct 31, 2012, 10:52 PM
i use pr-c cfw so you should be kk,but like blace said back up your file since some colorful players like to be 'gods'(another reason why i am not on much).also if you want help in leveling up at a steady pace just leave a message on my profile kk?

fatelinka
Nov 1, 2012, 01:33 AM
Hey im always up for new friends. Can you post your in game stuff like Name, Type, and level?

ReddMcKnight
Nov 1, 2012, 02:17 AM
It'll work fine then. Just make sure to backup your saves before hopping online, malicious players taint what's left of the community.

When you say they "taint" it, do you mean they steal items and hack other players? How do you backup your save?

@fatelinka

My character is a Female Newman Hunter called Christine. I just started recently, so she's only Level 5.

blace
Nov 1, 2012, 03:58 AM
As in they can alter your character and data. For example, they can change your female newman into the nanoblast form with your character at level 0-255.

It's generally best to avoid the rooms with colored names as that is impossible to do outside of normal in game chat.

Rozerem
Nov 1, 2012, 10:56 AM
I haven't been on the game server for sometime now,but from what I hear the server is filled with colored names attention whoring.I deleted my save because its just plain stupid since there are hardly any legits to do runs with and I've been busy with real life ordeals.Most on my friends list quit so I said **** it.

Link1275
Nov 1, 2012, 05:48 PM
3. I recently decided to get back into PSP2(since I can't PSP2I for online). I made a new char and am going through the story. I would suggest you finish the story before going online(and clearing all Open Missions in between story missions to get extra levels). A trick that I've found that helps you get through the story though, is to level your character to at least level 15 and class level 5 after your clear the first mission ;) .