PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Request: Decrypted JP Save

Molivious
Nov 3, 2012, 10:42 AM
Well, i am pretty much experienced with using SGD, and have converted my own files before. I also know that i can just ask for someone to do the conversion for me, but i'd rather ask this for future use of anyone (who couldn't contact another user that would convert the save for them)

The sole purpose of this thread's creation is because, while not all users own the game, some would also still like to convert the save themselves..well, probably.. and that these people who could convert the saves for others (or own the japanese game) wouldn't be in this forum forever. A single decrypted file will open up a gateway for non-JP-copy owners to convert files independently in the future.

Well anyway, i would kindly ask for someone to upload a decrypted JP save. Personally, I would like to do the conversion myself and ask not more time from anyone else. Call it selfish, dislike of being spoonfed, or however you want, but i only ask of this as a favor, and not as a demand. I'd really want to import my PSP2 character to Infinity without having to purchase the japanese PSP2 game just to create a decrypted file for myself. >_<

Regardless of what may come of this, thank you for your time.

DeviFoxx
Nov 3, 2012, 11:12 AM
I hate to break it to you, but your thread makes you come off as a cheater, because a lot of cheaters do the same thing.

As far as forum policy goes, the mods aren't going to allow anyone to upload a Decrypted Japanese Save File for random people to FREELY use to play the Japanese versions of the game because it opens the floodgates for hackers / cheaters to play the game. That's why when most people have their saves converted, they do only their personal save file, and not make one for general use by everyone. Either that, or they play the Japanese version and start from scratch.

The fact that you said "I'd really want to import my character without having to purchase the game" doesn't exactly help the situation either, since most people here--if they own the JP version--actually paid (or plan to pay) for it in some way, shape, or form.

My suggestion to you is to either use SGD to convert your own save file, or ask the people here (like blace) who're still willing to convert your save file for you now while you still can.

Molivious
Nov 3, 2012, 12:06 PM
hrm, i guess you do make a point...and it does sound like that way now that you mention it. Indeed, a lv 200 save from gamefaqs or other sites that allow users to upload save data could be used in conjunction with this. Haven't thought of that thoroughly, i admit.

But seriously, on my defense, i was simply just asking (kindly) of this as a favor, from those JP game owners who wouldn't mind; and i never did intend to use it maliciously, nor plot a revolution against the PSO community... although it does sound like it. lol. But that aside (cause it's basically pointless to defend myself with grey/blue words over the net), I still personally don't think it would cause more harm than good for the public, either. Granted, as mentioned above, it can be used totally as you imply....

But think about it, one who speaks english, grabs a US save, converts it to japanese himself... and what does he get after all that work? an equivalent JP hacked saved game that you can download from other sites too - which, not to mention, would've only taken them a few seconds to do. It does open a floodgate for hackers / cheaters, but i would say that there is barely, if not none at all, any water/cheaters/hackers that would consider doing that pile of mess just for the sake of cheating on the same game. I mean, who else would do that (use the decrypted file then use whatever EU/US data they have decrypted on their own to convert), other than someone who wants to see his own character make a cameo appearance on infinity?

Now, on the case that people would intend to use the decrypted file to transfer their decrypted + hacked US/EU save and use that file on their japanese game... sure that works, but that doesn't even make sense... they could've created the decrypted file on their own (since they already own the game), or even hacked stuff directly from their japanese game instead. Not to mention that they also have to own the US/EU game to decrypt those hacked data they just downloaded. I don't think native Japanese players/speakers/hackers/cheaters will bother with all that hassle, either. Additionally, i doubt those Japanese-game-owners/cheaters/hackers would transfer to PSP2 EU/US just for the sake of online experience or any experience.. i mean, they got everything on their game... do they really want to do all this just to experience the better upgrade system in EU/US? i dont think so. The case is worse for those EU/US players going to JP server just to cheat (well, as if they'd be going to the JP game just to do open missions they don't understand) . I bet they'd be kicked before they could even pull off their Gangnam. Kinda appreciate the Japanese players/community because of that.

However, that brings up a question of my concern, which i think may be the cause of this cheater/hacker ruckus.. if i import a character from a PSP2 JP save, would the level of my character come along with it? Weapons? Meseta? Is it not just the same import method from PSP ~> PSP2? (where you only get a few titles and a bonus weapon, plus the character's face; and you basically start from scratch from there). If that's the case, then i would understand how this goes from bad to worse, and prevent it from happening myself. But if it was the same import result as before... what's the big deal? Like hell someone would do all the decryption stuff to get those items if they can just download a file from the net. Again, who else would bother to do all this SGD crap, aside from those who would just want to see a cameo appearance of their own characters?

*BTW, i do know that there are like 4 different options for import: character, demo(?), save data itself (could you explain this too, if you dont mind), and DLC
** OHH, only noticed now that i've re-read my original post.. i think i forgot to mention Import to Infinity.. yeah.. that line you quoted sounds exactly like.. *cough*

Anyhow, there's really nothing else to add... But i guess i made my point clear.

I'd gladly send in my file for someone else to convert if the question I had in mind happens to be true. Like i said, i might as well prevent this myself from happening, and let the mods deal with closing/deleting this topic down.. No biggie. I've had a deal with hackers from PSP2, and thankful enough that the Infinity lobby isn't flying with the same rainbow colors. However, if it is false, then i'd stand my ground and ask the mods/concerned uploader to reconsider and weigh the goods and the bads.

Regardless of the matter, i have never personally thanked you for your translation guide. It has helped me truly well. Thank you very much for your hard work.

blace
Nov 3, 2012, 01:28 PM
I had to strain my eyes a bit reading this on a tiny 5 inch screen, when you import it isn't the same as PSP to PSP2. You carry over everything from the title you've given your character to your friends list. Everything is carried over.

I'll give this thread a look over later on a proper screen, but that is how the import function works this time around as the game itself is more of an expansion than an entirely new game.

Molivious
Nov 3, 2012, 07:43 PM
Hmm.. i see, now that turns the tables around. Thanks for the heads up.

Also did my part on researching and.. (taken from the Phantasy Star fan blog)
PSP2i Demo to PSP2i Full: ALL DATA TRANSFERS
PSP2 Full to PSP2i (Demo or Full) ALL DATA TRANSFERS and you get 5 Fusion Codes
PSP1 to PSP2i (Demo or Full) You get Exam Saber and 1 Visual Module.
PSU to PSP2i (Demo or Full) You get Exam Saber and 1 Visual Module.

Guess that settles it. This might've been a bad idea, indeed.