PDA

View Full Version : Would you marry someone outside your race, religion, and/or

pixelate
Mar 29, 2003, 07:48 PM
Basic question. Let me hear your thoughts.

Would you marry someone outside your race, religion, and/or social status?

Subliminalgroove
Mar 29, 2003, 07:54 PM
Yes, of course I would. Love is love.

If you can't get past social, religious, or ethnic barriers, then I don't think you are responsible enough for that kind of commitment to begin with.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Mar 29, 2003, 07:58 PM
what Subliminalgroove said.

LollipopLolita
Mar 29, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-03-29 16:54, Subliminalgroove wrote:
If you can't get past social, religious, or ethnic barriers, then I don't think you are responsible enough for that kind of commitment to begin with.

I disagree, there are many many people who cannot look beyond religious and ethnic barriers and yet are responsible and are able to commit, or in fact, are already committed in a lifelong marriage. I don't think being picky about that has anything to do with the fact that you are responsible or not or that you can commit or not.

Note what I said does not have anything to do with how I feel about the poll.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-03-29 17:19 ]</font>

Subliminalgroove
Mar 29, 2003, 08:30 PM
On 2003-03-29 17:18, LollipopLolita wrote:
I disagree, there are many many people who cannot look beyond religious and ethnic barriers and yet are responsible and are able to commit, or in fact, are already committed in a lifelong marriage. I don't think being picky about that has anything to do with the fact that you are responsible or not or that you can commit or not.

Point taken...

But let me put it this way. I consider it a matter of maturity. If a person can't get passed these things, he or she doesn't get with me. Period!

Saladwood
Mar 29, 2003, 08:33 PM
There are VERY VERY mature people who are racists.

Sometimes, in certain places, it's a way of life or even cultural.

Sure, you wouldn't want to be with them, but what you're doing, categorizing all "racist" people as "immature" isn't really any different than what they do.

But for some, it really is a way of life, like it or not.

Sai-Yuk
Mar 29, 2003, 08:34 PM
of course i wouldn't.
thats why i voted Yes.
i mean... yes, i would, and i'm considering something like it... (like it'll happen... but... i can dream...)

TeamPhalanx
Mar 29, 2003, 09:20 PM
Race: No problems there.

Social Status: Ditto.

Religion: I've got an issue with this one. I would never even considering marrying a person who is really orthodox (whatever religion). It really goes beyond the central relationship itself, because of parenting. Religion plays a role in parenting, and some of them, from my perspective, are not very beneficial to a child's development.

eg// Many religions look down on women. If we have a daughter I will simply not tolerate her being taught that she is in any way inferior to boys.

SorceressofTime
Mar 29, 2003, 09:21 PM
yes! definitely yes! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif<3
people with a different race i love (cause i am from two races and it's interesting) and would love to marry or even date someone from mixed races.

religion doesn't matter to me nor social status. i'd probably either be converted to their religion, or convert them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zeebo
Mar 29, 2003, 09:24 PM
Yes yes I would... You have any one in mind (im 15 hint hint) eheh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sai-Yuk
Mar 29, 2003, 09:26 PM
they say that if you truely love somebody, then you would accept them for who they are without trying to change them.

of course, this is all good on paper, but, people change each other by their nature in reality... we imitate by nature, but, as long as you respected their religion, who they where and didn't discriminate against them because they where different to you, then, if they did change their religion so they could share yours (or your lack of, in my case) then, you would respect that choice as well.

my (clearly picked up else where) view that i feel i should add.

Rotis
Mar 29, 2003, 09:36 PM
Race and social status make no difference to me.

But, in extreme cases, I simply wouldn't be able to handle the religion thing. I encourage people to have their own beliefs--I have very high respect for those who have found religion and truly believe in it--but I cannot tolerate people trying to shove their ideas down my throat for even a split second.

And, since I have no religious affiliation or even any strong feelings, people who feel very strongly about their faith seem to love to choose me as an idea-pushing-target.

Of course, I don't think I'd ever get close to anyone if they tried to force their religion on me in the first place. So it's not like marriage would ever become an issue. <shrug>

It's not really the issue of marrying someone "outside my religion," I guess; just someone who can't stand that I don't believe what they believe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rotis on 2003-03-29 18:39 ]</font>

RuneLateralus
Mar 30, 2003, 12:46 AM
I have no problems with race and social stance, but religion can be an issue. I am not a very religious person, and if someone was constantly putting religion in my face, then I would say no.

However, that doesn't mean I would not date/marry people of other religions. It is just those who try to force the ideas that I do not like.

Kent
Mar 30, 2003, 03:22 AM
I have no problems whatsoever with ethnicity or social status as they do not matter at all. To me, they're just words, nothing more.

As for religion, I don't give a damn about what religion they are affiliated with, as long as they aren't constantly annoying me about it.

Captain_Dude
Mar 30, 2003, 03:32 AM
I, for one, wouldn't care what race, religion, or social status my mate would be. As long as I loved her that would be all I'd need...

I feel that if you really love someone, you should be able to look past everything, and love them weather they're black, white, jewish, rastafarian, poor, rich, fat, thin, whatever... As long as you love them, there should be no reason not to marry them... Unless you have a problem with being with that kind of person, in which case, you cannot truly love them...

Subliminalgroove
Mar 30, 2003, 04:07 AM
On 2003-03-29 17:33, PSOSaladWood wrote:
There are VERY VERY mature people who are racists.

Sometimes, in certain places, it's a way of life or even cultural.

Sure, you wouldn't want to be with them, but what you're doing, categorizing all "racist" people as "immature" isn't really any different than what they do.

But for some, it really is a way of life, like it or not.

I think that is dependent on how one is defining mature. Part of being mature, for me, entails being able to let others be who they are. Classism, ethnocentrism, and religious intolerance do not fit into that catagory. So I find these people to be immature.

I was answering this interms of how I see it. I would not want to be with a person who did not respect or at least allow another to feel the way they do.

Does that include racists, etc.? Yes. Hate groups have every right to hold the OPINIONS they hold. But the moment they ACT on those opinions they are in the wrong. That is when they are stepping on others rights to be who they are. That is when they PROVE their lack of maturity...

soes any of that make sense or should I have just gone to bed and not posted this? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Abaddon
Mar 30, 2003, 07:18 AM
I welcome all forms of race and culture: I thrive on all things exotic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. So long as it doesn't hinder my love for them or renders me being potentially targeted by thousands of her relatives ^_^

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Mar 30, 2003, 07:34 AM
I'm racist and non-religious, so I vote no =>__<=

TedEdFred
Mar 30, 2003, 12:21 PM
What Rotis said.

2Xtreme
Mar 30, 2003, 01:08 PM

Of course. I'm not sure what this says about me, but when I saw that question, I felt that "Yes" was such an obvious choice that nobody would say "no".

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kasera
Mar 30, 2003, 01:12 PM

Of course I would. Ya love someone, ya love someone. Who cares what race they are.

Ness
Mar 30, 2003, 03:23 PM
As long as they can accept me for what I am, I'm good.

BlackRose
Mar 30, 2003, 10:44 PM
Well, I don't know. I'd take those factors into account (religion anyway) but none of them would absolutely rule out my marrying someone.

And, just a thought: nobody's going to vote no and post it, because they'd get flamed to hell for it. So, I suppose it's a little biased. Oh well, i guess that is the way the world works. (with the exception of snapple, obviously...hehehe)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlackRose on 2003-03-30 19:47 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Mar 31, 2003, 07:42 AM
I already voted no and said I wouldn't.

Nidarrock
Mar 31, 2003, 10:50 AM
No major problems here. It seems religion is more of an issue than anything else. If the person I am with is of a different religion then all I would ask is to not force it upon me. My wife and I are of slightly different religions as well as our views of such things. We keep it to ourselves and/or discuss it every now and again. Life is relativly good right now.

Omni-SqwirL
Mar 31, 2003, 02:05 PM
I already have plans to marry someone who has the three main points the same as I. But, hypothetically, these are my views

Race - Toughie here. I would be able to handle any other race cept the black people (no, I'm not racist) I do have ancestors that are mexican and Indian, so I don't hate any race, I just have preference.

Religion - I would not marry someone if they had a different religion than I. I am a very social Christian, but I am different that most Christians are put out to be. I don't shove Christianity down people's throats or anything. I may bring up my religion to others, but if I see that there is no way to persuade a person or witness to that person, I turn the other cheek. Shoving religion into another's face actually isn't the Christian thing to do, so if you see a person constantly trying to persuade you to their side, non-stop...they are hipocrites. Back to the topic, I wouldn't be able to because religion is a big role in my life and it affects many things, cept for love.

Social Status - I could care less. As long is love is there, there is no complaining. Example, My g/f = Hardcore gal...Me = Heavy Metaler/Hard Rocker. They may seem the same, but both music genres within the general "Rock" scene have feuds. It's not that hard to get along though.

Vanango
Apr 3, 2003, 03:15 AM
On 2003-03-29 16:48, pixelate wrote:
Basic question. Let me hear your thoughts.

It saddens me that this is a topic. I'm not critisizing your post, just society in general. Society as a whole, not just the US, but the entire world. I would consider myself a well traveled diversified person and I've interacted with plethora of people of all sorts of backgrounds.

They say the world is getting smaller and we're becoming a melting pot. I love it, that's why I love PSO, but it's also why I hate PSO. People from all over come together (though I should probably take into account the majority of people are of a certain social standing -- developed country, middle and beyond class in terms of weath) but with that aside, we're all playing together and (hopefully) working together. Okay, although the goal isn't anything outstanding (leveling up? getting a great weapon? developing a character? -- okay, so most people would see it as being completely pointless, which I don't agree w/, but a tangent I'll save for another time if someone reminds me) but it does bring people together. I personally don't care if someone is 10 or 109 (although if they were that old and playing PSO I'd want to be their friend!) I don't care if they are rich, or if they were poor or from Afghanistan, Denmark, The US or Japan. We're just there to have fun and have a good time. You're waiting for the part now. Here it comes... but this is an RPG, we hide behind our characters, It's great, pretending to be this powerful hunter that kills silly birds ("Pi! Pi! Pi!") but at the same time, we lose a little of our identity. We end up hiding behind our characters.

With all of that aside (again) and returning to the orginal post, racism. It amazes me how many people are so oblivious to racism. I experience it everyday, I hate classifying myself, but if I must, I'm a minority in the U.S. I have to put up with racial stereotypes and racial comments, I luckily haven't had to deal with that much racial profiling on a first hand basis. People around me that know me well know I'm constantly mocking stereotypes, not to continually remind people that I'm different, but to remind them that I'm the same.

It kills me that people can't see beyond the color of your skin. I'm not even taking a "victim" stance, minorities USE their status and it doesn't help! Yes, there IS a problem w/ racial profiling. Real problems I know 2nd hand are blacks being accused more for crimes and Middle Eastern people being labled as terrorist etc. These are problems and they shouldn't exist -- but they do. Minority groups aren't helping though! For example, the black Action Society at my college segregates themselves. My school is among the top for least interracial interaction, where as a school LITERALLY a mile away is one of the top for the most interracial interaction. An interesting point here is my school is a tier 2 school where are the other is a tier 1, a coincedence? I think not. If you compare schools in that respect, there is a noticable trend.

I don't see people's race. I don't even see gender. Fine, I can understand you being attracted to certain attributes, I won't lie, I do as well. You can't help physical attraction. For the most part, I find males more attractive, but there are girls that I have fallen in love with. Does that makes me a lesbian? Or bi-sexual? Oh wait, I am just confused. Screw that, down with labels! In terms of race, the majority of the people I've dated just depended on where I was. In the States they have all been White, in my International School in Thailand it was Indian and British... my summers in China it's been German, French, Australian... god damn, I would ENCOURAGE dating people of different races, or at least being friends with as many as possible! The knowledge you aquire is amazing. It's made me a more open and insightful person and being able to see things in a clear and often more global perspective benefits me in more way than I'm even aware http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

This leads me to fetishes. Okay, so I think Indian girls are gorgeous. They have beautiful colored skin and big brown eyes. They just something that radiates from them that attracts me. No, I wouldn't consider myself a racist or anyone else that had similar feelings, but what I do consider racist is if you like them because they are so "exotic" or whatever, it is offensive and degrading. People are prizes! They aren't something to be owned. Yes, it's great to be proud of someone who you love and loves you back, but not because "they are submissive and don't talk about those sweet demure tiger lilies" *barfs*

People that see the color of a person's skin beyond just pigmentation and varying levels of melanin are blind. That's all it is. It's as absurd as discriminating someone because they are left handed. (referring to old school either CHOPPING people's left hands off to force them to use their right, or converting them)

In terms of religion, I pretty much against preachers. I can listen to a person's point of view and accept if I'm wrong or if they have a good point. I respect other people's opinions but it irks me when they are so set on their idea(l)s that they won't listen to anyone else's.

"Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You're able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgment." -- Ralph Marston.

Crazy thing is most people would agree to this quote, but that's when hyprocrisy sets in.

Religion is very different for different people. It's very important for some people and often people of the same religion have similar morals, view points, customs, etc. for me, I wouldn't need to go around looking for someone of a certain religion, "whatever works".

... did anyone actually read this whole thing? Please PM me and let me know your opinions...

GuerillaPimp
Apr 3, 2003, 07:35 AM
In the words of the late, great Big Pun:

I dont discriminate, i regulate every shade of that ass!

GuerillaPimp
Apr 3, 2003, 07:41 AM
SqwirL - what's your beef with black people?

*edit: spelled your name wrong, sorry!*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuerillaPimp on 2003-04-03 08:06 ]</font>

Yosho
Apr 3, 2003, 09:59 AM
I see nothing wrong with dating or even getting married to a person outside your race, etc http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2003-04-03 04:41, GuerillaPimp wrote:
Squirl - what's your beef with black people?

*Is also curious as to "what the beef is"* o.O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yosho on 2003-04-03 07:07 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Apr 3, 2003, 11:59 AM
He never said he had a "beef."

There's a difference between hating a group of people and not engagin in deep relationship with them.

Put it this way, say you have gay friends. Obviously, you are not homophobic. But, would you feel comfortable having one as a roommate?

People have said they wouldn't have any problems with religion. Okay - Would you marry a devil worshipper?

There have been a lot of "Love conquers all" comments made here, and I think that's being very naive. Think about it; if that was true, why is the divorce rate around 50%? It's not that half the people aren't in love when they first get married. There are other things necessary for a marriage to work.

GuerillaPimp
Apr 3, 2003, 12:02 PM
beef = problem

as in what is the "problem" with black people. obviously if he doesn't date blacks, there must be a reason why, and i was askin what that reason was.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 3, 2003, 12:42 PM
I never saw it as a problem. So what if he doesn't date blacks. That's a far cry from refusing to have black friends and what not.

It's like in PSO, I refuse to do challenge mode with a RAmar. I don't have any problems with one being in the team in a regular game, but for c-mode, it's a different story.

Does that mean I have a problem with RAmars? No. It just means that I won't do c-mode with one.

Just because he won't date blacks doesn't mean he has a problem with one.

Heck, I avoid dating vegetarians, but that doesn't mean I have a problem with one.

GuerillaPimp
Apr 3, 2003, 01:41 PM
assuming that you aren't black, you wouldnt know where i was goin with the question so its useless to elaborate

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuerillaPimp on 2003-04-03 10:42 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Apr 3, 2003, 07:41 PM
Yes... I'm sure you only blacks can understand where you were going with that one.

Not every non-pro comment is meant as a negative one.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Apr 3, 2003, 08:16 PM
On 2003-04-03 04:35, GuerillaPimp wrote:
In the words of the late, great Big Pun:

I dont discriminate, i regulate every shade of that ass!

Lol I was just about to quote him on that one. Anyway...........

I was wondering that myself. Since I'm black naturally that's the first question that popped up in my mind. But hey, I can't say I have preference for every race, so I can't really disagree with that.

I would marry someone outside of my skin tone, I have no problem with that. I've been in several interracial relationships. The color of skin is irrelevant, and really shouldn't be a factor of anyone looking for that special person. I consider that idiotic and stereotypical....but hey, like I said, that's just my opinion. The person I'm with now is black as well, but even if she wasn't I wouldn't care.

Social status.......doesn't matter. I could care less who you know or who knows you.

Religion.....is a factor. I'm looking for someone with the same beliefs as me. Well, I was looking for someone. Luckily I've found that person http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _xX_Frosty_Xx_ on 2003-04-03 17:18 ]</font>

GuerillaPimp
Apr 4, 2003, 07:56 AM
Phalanx, i dont really know you, and your sarcasm is a bit unnerving <sp>. i believe that everyone has a preference when it comes to relationships. But i also find it feeble-minded to let skin color decide who you get involved with. A friend of mine was dating this white girl, and at first her mother was cool with it. Then all of a sudden shes starts trippin and says "because he's black he is going to ruin my daughters life" That's the petty shit right there that gets me heated.

I'm sure you only blacks can understand where you were going with that one

unless you have been discriminated against or have been racially profiled, you wouldnt understand.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 4, 2003, 11:51 AM
I find your narrow mindedness to be unnerving.

You don't know what the guy is saying, but you jump to conclusions and assume that he has a problem with blacks. Right...

Sciler
Apr 4, 2003, 12:06 PM
I would have no problem marrying someone of a different race. Ive already dated quite a few different races (black, spanish, filipino, chinese). My first "boyfriend" was this little latino boy i met when i was on vacation once lol. My parents are already expecting me to marry an asian guy or something lol, so no problems with me doing it, or my family accepting it

Vitamin_D
Apr 4, 2003, 12:18 PM
Race- Not a Problem
Social Status- Ditto
Religion-....this is the big one. I believe that if someone doesn't believe in the same things you do, you're marriage WILL NOT work. But that's just me, and I've seen this happen a lot of times. There is a possibility that marriage will work with countering beliefs, but it's pretty slim. And like Phalanx said, the divorce rate is around 50%. It's like flipping a coin to decide marriage success =/. And I think religion is a factor in that...

GuerillaPimp
Apr 4, 2003, 12:19 PM
Narrow minded? Let me get this straight, Im the one with out a racial barrier when it comes to women and IM the narrow minded one. You make a lot of sense. And I dont even know how the hell YOU got involved in my question to OMNI. No where did i address YOU in the question. so YOU can go back to what YOU were doing

TeamPhalanx
Apr 4, 2003, 12:39 PM
Right...

The "you can't understand" statement sure sounds open minded.

What the heck is wrong with you? A person made a comment that was remotely offensive. People that scream over nothing, which is you, I do have a problem with.

You don't know what the guy meant when he said he wouldn't marry someone who is black. Who says it had anything to do with color? Who said it had anything to do with himself? For all you know he could have close ties with his family and they wold disapprove. The list goes on.

Bottom line is that it is an unknown, and he said he isn't a racist. Why the hell can't you accept that?

Being open minded toward one thing doesn't mean that you're open to all ideas. That's very obvious in the posts here where some of the people have said that they wouldn't have issues with one or two of the differences, but would have issues with one or two of them.

marionettemaster
Apr 4, 2003, 03:49 PM
for once, i'm behind phanlanx on this one

i'm half-korean, half-white (but all American, bitch) and i find it repulsive that minorities think they have the brundt of it in American society... of all people, i think whites Americans take as much heat as anybody else (if not more) in society today..

i'm not being racist here, its the facts... it took that much more effort to get into college being part asian/white and not having any help because of the many asian transfer students/white students who tried hard to get into this school, but if you're a different ethnic background... well hell, come on in.
i mean, hate how the govt. is promoting racism in granting minorities, gays, etc. privilages because of skin color or life style (or affirmative action). everybody is equal, its just how hard they try to accomplish their goals.

i mean people, me and my sister grew up in a white hick town in rural minnesota... i know what its about. i think its a bit easier to see both angles when you are of both sides, though each have their faults (not trying to say i know more because i'm a half-breed or anything, heh).

kids are cruel and later the racism is purely unintentional for the most part. and not wanting to marry someone because they're a different color is their choice if they aren't hurting anyone in the process.. hating due to color is pretty lame, but outright racism is pretty rare these days

just some stuff i rambled together (sorry if doesn't make much sense, hardly any sleep), not trying to put down anyone in this.. if it seems that way, i'm sorry.. but i'm done in this topic.. don't expect a reply, thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marionettemaster on 2003-04-04 13:01 ]</font>

Sciler
Apr 4, 2003, 04:11 PM
I have to agree and back up Marionette here. I mean, Im all white, but thats just because the people my family has had sex with and/or married have been white, but everyone isnt all racist about seeing others, its just how its happened. But as far as whites taking as much heat as anyone is true. I recently moved to FL, and I cant say I miss Atlanta one bit. Now, please dont anyone take this racially as its not meant to be so. But when I was living there, other minorities (spanish, black and asian) kept moving in...which is fine, I LOVE different cultures....BUT...I DO NOT appreciate the fact that a large amount of the population, once it got larger, started to be prejudice towards me, because Im white. And yeah, I know people will say its payback for the past or blah blah, and thats bullshit.

The past is the past....period. None of us are old enough to make claims about having been slaves and whatnot..ok guys? And for a second note, my background is welsh, tracing my name back, and well, the Welsh were kept as slaves by the English, so its not liek I cant pull that card to ok? So my point is, if you werent there, shut it. the ONLY time Ive pulled out my background thing, was when someone said it to me first...when I said my ancestors were too, they shut up.

If someone comes at you racist first, then yes, you have, by all means, right to defend yourself...but if someone isnt, please dont be racist towards them just because they are a certain skin color, its just not right. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif My parents taught me to accept everyone, adn treat everyone the same, and I do, so I just wish others could do the same =

anywho, thats my rant, sorry if i offended anyone, it wasnt meant to be so

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sciler on 2003-04-04 13:11 ]</font>

GuerillaPimp
Apr 4, 2003, 04:15 PM
You don't know what the guy meant when he said he wouldn't marry someone who is black. Who says it had anything to do with color?

umm...that statement right there makes no sense. Whether it be because his family may not approve, pre-conceived prejudices, or any number of other factors, it all comes back that the person is BLACK. Plain and simple. Im not attackin you Phalanx. You seem very knowledgable and intelligent. It just seems that you cant seem to understand where i am goin with my question to Sqwirl. Its just that for years black people were told we were ugly, good for nothing, and basically worth less than shit. Then we turn around, people are talking like us, dressing like, wanting to be (like) us. Again, with no sarcasm intended, you wouldnt know what it's like unless you were black. But i see that i am talking to myself so, but to all those who have no fear of racial, religious, social barriers getting of the way of romance, one love. To those who do, give it a chance, you might like it.
-=end of transmission=-

Raylan
Apr 4, 2003, 04:27 PM
Umm... light subject, heh... ( -./-;;;

I don't really care about race, or whatnot- although what kicks over the engine is kinda limited to a specific subrace...

Financial status: I can only go up from here!

Religion: Ouch. Umm, I don't really mind other religions- but they usually do have a problem with me. No offense, Christians, but some of ya'll have pushed, a tish... And I doesn't like being pushed. At all. Like I said- I am not biased toward others, I realize balance must exist. Merely cautious of some, based on bad histories.

About race? People- it doesn't really matter. Seriously. One day, we'll all be the same gray-ish color and really - no one will care. Except for those little fish people on Europa we keep investigating. Wonder what we'll look like by the time they develop full consciousness... Like the grey men perhaps?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raylan on 2003-04-04 13:32 ]</font>

marionettemaster
Apr 4, 2003, 04:30 PM
we'll all be mongooses someday

brillyfresh
Apr 4, 2003, 05:07 PM
of course! love is blind

i have no problem with someone different than me, unless they have a problem with me because i am different than they are, simple as that

Scan_Man
Apr 4, 2003, 07:51 PM
I would be able to handle any other race cept the black people

Sounds like he has a problem with black people to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2003-04-04 16:52 ]</font>

Sincere
Apr 4, 2003, 08:28 PM
See, people that have problems with my race (I'm black) are EXACTLY the reasons why I do such assholistic things to white families. I PURPOSELY look for white women to be with, especially those with racist parents and relatives. I also make sure that they're quite attractive to white men, just to piss 'em off when they see her on the street with me, knowing that they will NEVER be able to get with her, because in many, many cases, where I'm from, white women will NOT date white men after black men. It makes me crack a smile, knowing that I'm another contributor in the theft of white women, and around my city, it happens a whole lot. People like me make white women go AGAINST their racist parents, and I LOVE it. There's no better feeling than knowing that you're hurting the hell out of some redneck fuckers by them knowing that you're sleeing with their 'pure and angelic' white daughter. Hate fuels hate, and I'm happy to contribute to what white people think of us. White people who have no fucking clue about my personality, or my education, thinking my race is equal to that of a dog (I heard somewhere that Asian people think of us quite similarly)... It's my little way of getting back at slavery.

You can think my methods of dealing with racism is wrong, but hey, white people have done a hell of a lot worse to us...

oh... and to answer the questions:

Social status: meh, don't care

Religion: Don't matter.

I would NOT marry a white woman. Hell, I dunno if I'm even going to decide to settile down, but if I did... Black girl, yes. Spanish girl, HELL yes. Asian girl (excluding Filipino), no. and White girl, HELL no.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sincere on 2003-04-04 17:47 ]</font>

Scan_Man
Apr 4, 2003, 09:18 PM
On 2003-04-04 17:28, Sincere wrote:
See, people that have problems with my race (I'm black) are EXACTLY the reasons why I do such assholistic things to white families. I PURPOSELY look for white women to be with, especially those with racist parents and relatives. I also make sure that they're quite attractive to white men, just to piss 'em off when they see her on the street with me, knowing that they will NEVER be able to get with her, because in many, many cases, where I'm from, white women will NOT date white men after black men. It makes me crack a smile, knowing that I'm another contributor in the theft of white women, and around my city, it happens a whole lot. People like me make white women go AGAINST their racist parents, and I LOVE it. There's no better feeling than knowing that you're hurting the hell out of some redneck fuckers by them knowing that you're sleeing with their 'pure and angelic' white daughter. Hate fuels hate, and I'm happy to contribute to what white people think of us. White people who have no fucking clue about my personality, or my education, thinking my race is equal to that of a dog (I heard somewhere that Asian people think of us quite similarly)... It's my little way of getting back at slavery.

You can think my methods of dealing with racism is wrong, but hey, white people have done a hell of a lot worse to us...

oh... and to answer the questions:

Social status: meh, don't care

Religion: Don't matter.

I would NOT marry a white woman. Hell, I dunno if I'm even going to decide to settile down, but if I did... Black girl, yes. Spanish girl, HELL yes. Asian girl (excluding Filipino), no. and White girl, HELL no.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sincere on 2003-04-04 17:47 ]</font>

I must say, I feel the same way.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 4, 2003, 09:30 PM
That is probably the most hate filled and downright ridiculous post I've seen in this topic.

You're getting back for slavery? Excuse me?!? When were you born? 1804?

Do you see Japanese people doing the same thing for how they got treated during WWII? How about the Jewish people? What about the Native Americans?

You initiated relationship with white girl for the sole purpose of hurting her parents, while all the time you have no interest in forming any type of serious relationship with her.

You are scum.

LollipopLolita
Apr 4, 2003, 09:42 PM
Huh wha? "I have a problem with people who have a problem with my race but I have a problem with another race?"

BTW Phalanx, not to stir up anything but, well known fact: the Japanese people also did things to other people during the WW2, similar to what the Nazi's did.

But still, this race thing is all dumb.

Zeebo
Apr 4, 2003, 09:42 PM
I'm sick and tired of blacks still complaining about slavery! IT HAPPENED 100 OR MORE YEARS AGO!
2 wrongs dont make a right...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeebo on 2003-04-04 18:45 ]</font>

Saladwood
Apr 4, 2003, 09:46 PM
On 2003-04-04 17:28, Sincere wrote:
See, people that have problems with my race (I'm black) are EXACTLY the reasons why I do such assholistic things to white families. <and pretty much everything else you said)

Thanks for pointing out to us that you yourself are a racist.

Thanks, thanks a lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOSaladWood on 2003-04-04 18:53 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Apr 4, 2003, 09:50 PM
I was referring to the Americans who had Japanese backgrounds. You know, the ones that got herded into camps because they were thought to be a national threat.

Zeebo
Apr 4, 2003, 09:56 PM
And insta ban now..! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sincere
Apr 4, 2003, 09:57 PM
On 2003-04-04 18:30, TeamPhalanx wrote:
That is probably the most hate filled and downright ridiculous post I've seen in this topic.

You're getting back for slavery? Excuse me?!? When were you born? 1804?

Let me guess, you're white, right? Of course it's ridiculous to you, because you want to be all politically correct,and act like I have absolutely no reson to be angry. Born in 1804? Obviously not. Had it been YOUR people that were slaves, I'm damned sure that you'd have a bit of animosity toward people who display racism. And yes, it IS my small part in getting back at slavery. I'm a firm believer in revenge... no matter HOW far back the payback originates from. By the way, there are still several 'lesser' forms of slavery in the world today. There are still white people holding Black people back. How many white people do YOU see that are living in project housing? Why is it that more black people are approached by cops than white people? Why can cops shoot black people and get away with it EVERY FUCKING TIME? In NY, didn't a black male get shot around 47 times for pulling out his WALLET!?!?!?!? And, wow! There's a hell of a lot more stories involving race crimes than that. In my business management class, I looked at a poll referring to who white employers secretely revealed to hire the least. Guess who that was? Unfair? Fuck yeah.

Do you see Japanese people doing the same thing for how they got treated during WWII? How about the Jewish people? What about the Native Americans?

Hmmm... You know what? I'm betting there's a shitload of other races that feel quite the same way I do. They're just not typing it on this message board http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You initiated relationship with white girl for the sole purpose of hurting her parents, while all the time you have no interest in forming any type of serious relationship with her.

My current girlfriend is white, and we've been together for some time now, and she also has racist parents (which I found out later in the relationship). Note to 'The Last legit', we're actually great together, and I value the hell out of her. This is beyond skin deep, but the fact that she has racist parents is quite the bonus.
[/quote]

You are scum.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Souds like something a 'hero' would say to the 'villain' in any crappy Batman movie. If 'scum' is taking some sort of revenge on those who have did and CONTINUE to so you wrong, then, yeah, I AM scum.

Smile.

The_Real_StarWind
Apr 4, 2003, 10:01 PM
if i loved her it wouldn't matter

LollipopLolita
Apr 4, 2003, 10:14 PM
On 2003-04-04 18:57, Sincere wrote:
Had it been YOUR people that were slaves, I'm damned sure that you'd have a bit of animosity toward people who display racism. And yes, it IS my small part in getting back at slavery. I'm a firm believer in revenge...

eh some of my people were enslavened. my great grandfather was sold as a slave and you don't see me hopping up and down hollering and demanding.

you guys are making a big deal out of everything, jesus christ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-04-04 19:18 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Apr 4, 2003, 10:18 PM
Me, try to be politically correct? Right... I think every long time member here would laugh at that remark.

What the hell do you know about slavery? What the hell do you know about what the slaves went through? Do you think they wanted revenge?

During the Civil War, what do you think the blacks wanted to do? Let the white men kill each other or take up arms and fight for the north - along side white men?

Are you aware of the person and beliefs of one Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.?

You know nothing about your own past. All you know is the hatred that you have been taught. And, for that, I pity you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeamPhalanx on 2003-04-04 19:19 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Apr 4, 2003, 10:21 PM
yech, anyone will use anything to justify their opinions. welcome to reality. kinda like the same reasons for the war... on both sides?

Zeebo
My grandparents were killed by nazis (2 gramas and grampas) you dont see me making fun of and using germans... sure i'm not dating one but thats because of other reasons..... listen, 2 wrongs dont make a right....

Sincere
I'm glad I've livened this interesting converstaion up a bit.

On 2003-04-04 18:42, Zeebo wrote:
I'm sick and tired of blacks still complaining about slavery! IT HAPPENED 100 OR MORE YEARS AGO!
2 wrongs dont make a right...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeebo on 2003-04-04 18:45 ]</font>

Hmmm... that's like me saying: I wonder how long people will complain about Sept. 11th... get it now?

Two wrongs may not make a right, but one doing wrong and getting away with it is okay?

Zeebo, this conversation is out of your league. At least Phalanx has something half decent to respond with.

And Salad, no, I'm not racist. If I was, I wouldn't have white friends. I wouldn't be in love with my white girlfriend right now. and I would have said that I do assholistic things to ALL white people instead of JUST the racist ones. Good try with the accusation though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I like this topic!

Scan_Man
Apr 4, 2003, 10:30 PM
See white people just don't fucking understand some black people's frustration. My mom, dad and grandparents went through the most racial time in the history of this country. We were killed for standing up for our rights. We were killed for talking back to white people when they called us "nigger." We were killed for being black.

My parents and grandparents had stones thrown at them for being black. They had water hoses turned on them. They had to go to black only schools. They had to use black only water fountains. Uncles lynched, aunts raped. This all bullshit they went through not too long ago.

Today, black people face racial profiling, and stereotypes. You think I like being stopped by the police because I fit a description? You think I like going to parties and being asked by several white people if I'm selling drugs? You think I like being told to leave a party because I might "steal something?" You think I like some white people talking to me in forced ebonic because they think I can't talk properly?

You can only fully understand this is shit if born and raised black in America.

LollipopLolita
Apr 4, 2003, 10:32 PM
stuff like that is still going on back home between the races and hell, i'm sitting down.

Zeebo
Apr 4, 2003, 10:33 PM
no matter unless their religion...

Sincere
Apr 4, 2003, 10:49 PM
On 2003-04-04 19:30, Scan_Man wrote:
See white people just don't fucking understand some black people's frustration. My mom, dad and grandparents went through the most racial time in the history of this country. We were killed for standing up for our rights. We were killed for talking back to white people when they called us "nigger." We were killed for being black.

My parents and grandparents had stones thrown at them for being black. They had water hoses turned on them. They had to go to black only schools. They had to use black only water fountains. Uncles lynched, aunts raped. This all bullshit they went through not too long ago.

Today, black people face racial profiling, and stereotypes. You think I like being stopped by the police because I fit a description? You think I like going to parties and being asked by several white people if I'm selling drugs? You think I like being told to leave a party because I might "steal something?" You think I like some white people talking to me in forced ebonic because they think I can't talk properly?

You can only fully understand this is shit if born and raised black in America.

Exactly. Now, are these NOT reasons for blacks to be pissed? Hell, is this a way for ANY race to be treated? Am I wrong for feeling the way I feel sometimes? If races were reversed, I'm pretty damned sure that you'd have reason to feel the same fucking way, if not more so.

NAny idiot that hasn't been through what our race (and other races, excluding white) has, can easily say something as retarded as 'slavery happened so long ago!'. Meh, it's pointless to get through to you people.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 4, 2003, 10:51 PM
People don't understand, not because of color, but because we do not have such anger within us.

By constantly going back to the past you change nothing. What's worse is that you keep everything alive. One shouldn't forget the events of the past, but one shouldn't live their lives based on in either.

Think about it. You are letting events of the past dictate how you live your life today. How long will you go with this?

Take a look at history and you'll see several cases of a group of people being used as slaves and what not. Instead of just focusing on that part, you may want to read the parts about what happened to them after they were free.

Oh, btw, I'd wager that there are black members here who feel quite differently from you. If any of them makes a post here, you may want to ask yourself why they do feel differently. After all, they are of the same color and history.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeamPhalanx on 2003-04-04 19:53 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Apr 4, 2003, 10:53 PM
On 2003-04-04 19:49, Sincere wrote:
Exactly. Now, are these NOT reasons for blacks to be pissed? Hell, is this a way for ANY race to be treated? Am I wrong for feeling the way I feel sometimes? If races were reversed, I'm pretty damned sure that you'd have reason to feel the same fucking way, if not more so.

na not really

Zeebo
Apr 4, 2003, 10:54 PM
Talk to you now.. I dont think of you as a black person.... But as a fellow PSO fan. Not all white people hate blacks and I dont think its fare for us to be judged that way.

LollipopLolita
Apr 4, 2003, 10:55 PM
if you wanna look at everything with anger, everything will infuriate you.

marionettemaster
Apr 4, 2003, 11:32 PM
i think its pretty shallow to think of people only skin deep without knowing who and how they really are

and sincere.. your name doesn't fit your attitude

i think your point isn't taken seriously because you're justifying your actions by behaving in the same ugly attitude that certain whites had for blacks in the past, only reversing the roles. i bet your ancestors are proud of you that you're stomping over white men just like they stomped over them, even though some may be the very same white people that helped your race be free.

Scan_Man
Apr 4, 2003, 11:34 PM
You just refuse to understand. Coming up with bullshit about living in the past. This shit is still going on, just on a different level than 50+ years ago.

Zeebo
Apr 4, 2003, 11:38 PM
Not all white people feel this way... Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

marionettemaster
Apr 4, 2003, 11:42 PM
i'm not trying to bring up the "past" shit.. i know its stupid, its just sincere's justification back in his face

and hey.. i'm half asian, so don't give me crap on not knowing... i think minorities are the biggest racists of all if you ask me.. but i try to take people in, one-by-one, before assuming anything about them

officially done with this stupid topic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marionettemaster on 2003-04-04 20:59 ]</font>

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Apr 5, 2003, 05:08 AM
............hmm, where to start. Well first off I'm black......*cough*..........http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sincere and Scan, I do understand where you all are coming from about the whole racial profiling issue, and I feel you on it because I have been racial profiled, just not by policemen. Every summer when I go somewhere outside this black town I'm living in right now, how odd do you think I feel being the one that sticks out in parties or crowds, espcially those occurances when I go to Alabama?

No, I'm not saying we don't have any reason to be angry with racism because of what we our ancestors went through. I'm not saying forget about it either, and it's clear that both of you haven't. When you remember and reflect on past events in the struggle and slavery, reflect on the trials and tribulations blacks had to go through, not the anger and vengeful emotions they we were feeling. Dr. King wanted us to move past that, remember?

And whomever called Sincere a racist, before you do that please take his feelings into consideration. I'm not saying he does or doesn't have a just reason to feel that way, but before you make statements, if you want to combat them, don't contradict yourself and do it "angrily".

Zeebo
Apr 5, 2003, 12:58 PM
well said bravo

Aicinue
Apr 5, 2003, 01:17 PM
Why not?

Sciler
Apr 5, 2003, 01:42 PM
Sincere and Scan- if you had read my post on page 3, you would have known that me (being white) I get a lot of racial crap thrown at me, from the black people ive been around, because Im white. My past, so far as I know, didnt keep slaves. IF anything we WERE slaves. My background is Welsh, and we were kept as slaves by the English, so dont sit there and presume to know anything about me, or every single white person you meet. And anyways, as history has said, black people probably wouldnt ahve been slaves, if htey hadnt been sold in Africa, by thier own brethren. Black people sold black people, to the white peopel....so the blame can NOT entirely fall on us ok?

Look, its the past guys. We werent tehre, we have no right to still have this anger and hatred. YES when someone comes at us racially, we have every right to defend anything adn everything we stand for being whatever race we are...BUT do NOT stand there and judge every single white person the same, because we are not. I was raised to love adn accept everyone, and I do until people give me reason not to by thier own actions. I have dated people of all kinds of races (yes black included) but my steady guy now is a white guy...but for no reason otehr than hes treated me the best Ive ever been treated. IF he were black, or asian or hispanic, I honestly would not care...hell, my parents EXPECT me to marry out of my race!

My point is, please dont lower yourself by judging everyone. If you want to stop being stereotyped...stop stereotyping yourself. Its as simple as that.

also-i jsut wanted to add to Frosty's speach above. Frosty...that was excellent man. Very well spoken. I jsut want to add on to what you said, instead of beign angry about the past, which yes, is horrible, I agree whole-heartedly, look back on all that has been accomplished by black people since. Honestly, ALL the races have come a LONG way from the past, eveyrone has a right to be proud of something, and black people have a LOT to be proud of...so instead of being so hateful with non-blacks, just be proud of what you stand for now, and those who are ignorant...simply ignore them, they truely arent worth your time or energy...because there are those of us out there who are friends with anyone adn everyone, so long as you want to be our friends back = just try to simmer the anger down a little..while it can be bad in some places, thankfully, its not like that everywhere now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sciler on 2003-04-05 10:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sciler on 2003-04-05 10:46 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Apr 5, 2003, 01:42 PM
Of course I would marry anyone of a different race.. I'm not quite sure what you mean by social status (I just woke up... Late...) but religion I don't mind as long as they don't criticize my view point on religion as well. I would be perfectly happy to marry someone of any religion as long as they wouldn't force our child to believe in that and also not be angry that I am athiest... Don't get me wrong, I see everyone's belief, I just would rather believe in my own thing. If any of this sounds mean or anything please PM me, I might be able to re-word some of this, or explain a bit more on some of it...

Scan_Man
Apr 5, 2003, 04:10 PM
On 2003-04-05 10:42, Sciler wrote:
Sincere and Scan- if you had read my post on page 3, you would have known that me (being white) I get a lot of racial crap thrown at me, from the black people ive been around, because Im white. My past, so far as I know, didnt keep slaves. IF anything we WERE slaves. My background is Welsh, and we were kept as slaves by the English, so dont sit there and presume to know anything about me, or every single white person you meet. And anyways, as history has said, black people probably wouldnt ahve been slaves, if htey hadnt been sold in Africa, by thier own brethren. Black people sold black people, to the white peopel....so the blame can NOT entirely fall on us ok?

Look, its the past guys. We werent tehre, we have no right to still have this anger and hatred. YES when someone comes at us racially, we have every right to defend anything adn everything we stand for being whatever race we are...BUT do NOT stand there and judge every single white person the same, because we are not. I was raised to love adn accept everyone, and I do until people give me reason not to by thier own actions. I have dated people of all kinds of races (yes black included) but my steady guy now is a white guy...but for no reason otehr than hes treated me the best Ive ever been treated. IF he were black, or asian or hispanic, I honestly would not care...hell, my parents EXPECT me to marry out of my race!

My point is, please dont lower yourself by judging everyone. If you want to stop being stereotyped...stop stereotyping yourself. Its as simple as that.

also-i jsut wanted to add to Frosty's speach above. Frosty...that was excellent man. Very well spoken. I jsut want to add on to what you said, instead of beign angry about the past, which yes, is horrible, I agree whole-heartedly, look back on all that has been accomplished by black people since. Honestly, ALL the races have come a LONG way from the past, eveyrone has a right to be proud of something, and black people have a LOT to be proud of...so instead of being so hateful with non-blacks, just be proud of what you stand for now, and those who are ignorant...simply ignore them, they truely arent worth your time or energy...because there are those of us out there who are friends with anyone adn everyone, so long as you want to be our friends back = just try to simmer the anger down a little..while it can be bad in some places, thankfully, its not like that everywhere now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sciler on 2003-04-05 10:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sciler on 2003-04-05 10:46 ]</font>

Getting shit twisted here.

First, I'm sorry you had deal with black people being racist with you. Any type of racism is wrong. All I ask is please understand the animosity. They are like that because white people have treated them and their family badly. Racist white people are quite different than racist black people. Neither is right but please understand the difference. Racist white people hate blacks because of skin color. Blacks racists hate whites people because they are upset that their ancestors were enslaved, went through years of raical depression and segregation, and lynchings. All this was done to keep blacks in American at the bottom of society. Today, blacks have a lot more oppertunities that they fought hard for. The problem is the some of the same racial barriers are still around from 50 years ago. It just not as in your face as before. I have faced it first hand. It hurts.

I am not jugding white people. I am saying you don't understand growing up black in America is like. You never will. If you understood you would not be argueing with me. But, you are argueing with me when you are out of your element. That is very frustrating.

And saying blacks would not have been slaves if they have not been sold into by other blacks is a white surpremcy statemen. I'm not calling you are white surpremcist, just know they use that same ignorant argument. The slave captures got other Africans because they knew an African would trust another African.

The English holding the Welsh as slaves was nothing compared to slavery in America. Not even on the same plane.

I am not blaming white people or anyone here. I don't hate anyone. I'm cool with people of all races. I am upset because I have to deal with racism today and it stems from the time of slavery. My frustration is that some white people refuse to believe that it is still going on. Or they tell me to forget about it or ignore it. That is so easy for them to say. It is that attitude that hurts worse than any racist could ever do or say.

There were those who thought the same 50 years ago. Ignore it, stay clear. If blacks has a whole adopted that attitude there would have been no Civil Rights Movement. Things would be the same today as it were.

Like I said, you have to be born and raised black in America to fully understand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2003-04-05 13:13 ]</font>

Vitamin_D
Apr 5, 2003, 04:11 PM
On 2003-04-05 02:08, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:

No, I'm not saying we don't have any reason to be angry with racism because of what we our ancestors went through. I'm not saying forget about it either, and it's clear that both of you haven't. When you remember and reflect on past events in the struggle and slavery, reflect on the trials and tribulations blacks had to go through, not the anger and vengeful emotions they we were feeling. Dr. King wanted us to move past that, remember?

Let me jump in here...and yeah, I'm black too. Frosty said what I was thinking better than I could have. It's ok to get mad, but don't hold it against EVERYONE...don't fight hate with hate. You're doing the OPPOSITE of what Dr. King was doing. I'm struggling like you guys too, but we got to look at things in a positive light. I can understand if you think I "sold out" but you're fine to think that way. I talked to my aunt for an interview (doing a History paper on a family member) and she told me "Today's youth are on the backs of their elders, meaning, We went through what we did so you won't have to." What's important is what we do now. yes, the nation is still quite racist, but it's far less severe than it was (and you know it). We have to continue to make things better. I know it sounds pretty unrealistic, but let's be optimistic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vitamin_D on 2003-04-05 13:14 ]</font>

Scan_Man
Apr 5, 2003, 04:17 PM
I don't hold anything againts anyone. If you meet me, I be like lets go ride, sip a brew and chill a few.

Really its all good. It just I don't deal with racism that well. Mostly because what my family and I have been through.

Orange_Coconut
Apr 5, 2003, 04:26 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Hate is something that will never leave us humans, we're just not capable of loving one another for who he or she is... If it were my decision I would have it so everyone could live without hating one another. It seems like many people are racist, sexist, homophobic, you know? Hate is something that really can't be demolished. Even when we were kids, I remember the fat people being made fun of, the smart ones being made fun of, the non-atheltic ones being made fun of. Also the short ones.. I hated those short jokes, I was the shortest kid in our grade for a long time.

I haven't had to deal with Racism, I hope I never have to. Seeing such arguments depress me incredibly and I don't know why people hate other races so much. Is it because of their color? Is it because of their accent? I mean, who cares? I think people should be accepted for who they are, not by how they look or talk... If someone's bashing another person then that just isn't right, right away you can tell something's wrong. The back-up reasons for making fun of someone are ridiculous, people don't need to be doing that.

Getting mad is another thing, I mean if someone were to punch you, obviously you'd want a witty come-back or a swing back at them.

Many of the fights started are due to different beliefs and different ways of looking at things. That's why the bully's of school like being who they are, beating up the younger ones, or the weaker ones. It makes them feel superior whereas they practically intimidate their "prey" I guess, I dunno what to call the one's being picked on.

I hope what I said makes sense, and if anyone haanything to get mad at me about it then please PM me, don't post hate... Everything I just said wasn't directed at anyone nor was I trying to start a feud of any sort.. If I came off the wrong way please just message me

Sciler
Apr 5, 2003, 07:10 PM
On 2003-04-05 13:10, Scan_Man wrote:

First, I'm sorry you had deal with black people being racist with you. Any type of racism is wrong. All I ask is please understand the animosity. They are like that because white people have treated them and their family badly. Racist white people are quite different than racist black people. Neither is right but please understand the difference. Racist white people hate blacks because of skin color. Blacks racists hate whites people because they are upset that their ancestors were enslaved, went through years of raical depression and segregation, and lynchings. All this was done to keep blacks in American at the bottom of society. Today, blacks have a lot more oppertunities that they fought hard for. The problem is the some of the same racial barriers are still around from 50 years ago. It just not as in your face as before. I have faced it first hand. It hurts.
PLease dont misunderstand what I mean. I know it hurts you guys, I have had and still have a lot of black friends, and i know it upsets them..hell, I get upset when i see people treating them differently, adn I step up and defend them, because its just wrong. And in all honesty the dreaded "n" word, as I dont dare say it as it even offends me, its the worst word in the world. Thats honestly why I cant listen to a lot of rap. I just dont understand how it can be used amongst blacks as an ok word...i hear it adn it offends me, and Im not black. I jsut dont feel its a good word in any light = does that make me odd?

I am not jugding white people. I am saying you don't understand growing up black in America is like. You never will. If you understood you would not be argueing with me. But, you are argueing with me when you are out of your element. That is very frustrating.

I can understand that, but at the same time, you have to understand how frustrating it is for me, to be lumped in with klan members and true red necks, just ebcause Im white http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I dispise those people, and in all honesty, I think they should all be shot for thier ignorance. Its enraging and it almost makes me feel bad to be white sometimes, because i get lumped into that "stereotype"

And saying blacks would not have been slaves if they have not been sold into by other blacks is a white surpremcy statemen. I'm not calling you are white surpremcist, just know they use that same ignorant argument. The slave captures got other Africans because they knew an African would trust another African.
ok, that statement not only hurts me, but pisses me off. I didnt mean it that way at all, I just meant that we werent the only ones int eh wrong. not all blacks were either, just those who were doing the selling. maybeim just not getting my point across accurately...but please dont ever say that to me again, that sincerely hurt me just now because i dispise those people more than anything...thier ignorance is sickening

The English holding the Welsh as slaves was nothing compared to slavery in America. Not even on the same plane.

Umm explain? Slavery is slavery no matter how you look at it. its bad...period.

I am not blaming white people or anyone here. I don't hate anyone. I'm cool with people of all races. I am upset because I have to deal with racism today and it stems from the time of slavery. My frustration is that some white people refuse to believe that it is still going on. Or they tell me to forget about it or ignore it. That is so easy for them to say. It is that attitude that hurts worse than any racist could ever do or say.

the reason I said ignore it, is because thats what I do. When i get racial stuff ebcause Im white, do I get in someone's face? No, i feel bad for them that they havent taken the time to get to know me, and I ignore it and move on. yeah, it hurts, it upsets me greatly...but I would rather just move past it, than possibly have far worse consequences. Maybe thats just me because Im not a fighter..i just dont feel right to cause pain. But no, I do know it still goes on sadly, and I really am sorry that you have to deal with it, its horrible, truely http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

There were those who thought the same 50 years ago. Ignore it, stay clear. If blacks has a whole adopted that attitude there would have been no Civil Rights Movement. Things would be the same today as it were.

Like I said, you have to be born and raised black in America to fully understand.
yes im not saying i entirely understand, but to a degree many of us do...or we can at least sympathis and show we care, show we arent liek the ignorant people we are unfortunate enough to share a race with.

I dunno, just in your first few posts, there was so much anger towards white people in general, so I guess if you dont mean it to come across that way, just pay attention to what you're saying. Youve made some excellent points, just dont judge us all that way, because i promise you we arent, and there are those of us who will jump to your side and defend you anydays. We are all equal in my eyes, the only time someone is beneath us, is when they are stuck in thier ignorance, and thsoe who are like that, are a waste of flesh upon this earth.

so hopefully no hard feelings? I hate when i cant get out what Im meaning to and it gets misconstrued >_<

-BK-
Apr 5, 2003, 08:41 PM
Race: I got a thing for Asians, but I'm currently falling for a German. I'm beyond looking at a race and judging them.

Social Status: It'd be nice to date a rich girl, or even marry her, but I'm also ok with someone considered "poor". Middle-class lifestyle is what I have.

Religion: This one's a tough one for me. I'm told that it would be better for me to not date outside of my religion, but I know too many great women that don't share my particular faith. I don't want a girl that's going to change just to be with me, but I would also like to be able to share in the religious events with her.

Sincere
Apr 6, 2003, 12:01 AM
On 2003-04-05 13:10, Scan_Man wrote:

I am not jugding white people. I am saying you don't understand growing up black in America is like. You never will.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2003-04-05 13:13 ]</font>

I like this, especially the what I've put in Bold font. Well said, Scan. Especially:

My frustration is that some white people refuse to believe that it is still going on. Or they tell me to forget about it or ignore it. That is so easy for them to say.

Which is exactly why I can disregard any comments by people like Phalanx, who argue with the way I feel sometimes about racist people. Any white person telling me to disregard racism is a complete idiot. Am I supposed to forget about everything? Let racists go past my ear? For example, if someone punches me first, I'm not going to ask them why they did it. I'm going to break their face. They had the gall to punch me, so they have the gall to take back what they gave. Did I say that I hate ALL white people? No, I said that I HATE RACIST WHITE people. So, please refrain from saying things that I didn't say.

If I was a racist, then I wouldn't have dated a majority of white women, as well as Asian and Latino. I like every race, and if she looks good, why the hell wouldn't I date her? Why would I accept a friend based on race? Why would I do business with other races other than my own? Nice try though, with the 'me being a racist, I hate white people' accusation, but a lack of backup and proof of otherwise makes your accusation kind of weak, doesn't it?

And Sciler, the reason why hiphop listeners say the 'n' word is because of empowerment. We take a negative word that white people call us (amongst themselves) and make it into a word that they can't say around us, unless they're willing to get their asses kicked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sedyne
Apr 6, 2003, 12:40 AM
Out side religion: Yes
Outside Race: Yes
Outside my culture: Doughtful...if they were into some stuff i wasn't into we more then liekly wouldnt be compatible http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ABDUR101
Apr 6, 2003, 01:22 AM
Sincere, you said you dated white women just to offend their family members.

As in, you used them to hurt the ones they loved. It doesn't matter if the ones they loved were racist or not, the fact that you used someone to hurt and offend someone else, pfft.

See, people that have problems with my race (I'm black) are EXACTLY the reasons why I do such assholistic things to white families. I PURPOSELY look for white women to be with, >>especially<< those with racist parents and relatives. I also make sure that they're quite attractive to white men, just to piss 'em off when they see her on the street with me, knowing that they will NEVER be able to get with her, because in many, many cases, where I'm from, white women will NOT date white men after black men. It makes me crack a smile, knowing that I'm another contributor in the theft of white women, and around my city, it happens a whole lot.

Expecially those with racist parents and relatives? Which denotes that you do it to pretty much any white women, but it's extra incentive to do it to those with racist family members.

From the quoted paragraph above, you sound very arrogant, and very, very ignorant.

Congratulations on stealing using some white women for your little game.

A further example that this is just a game. White women are good enough to use, but it's a HELL NO for marriage.

In all honesty, grow up, and find a better past time than pissing off racist white people. You're not exactly giving african americans a good name, nor are you glorifying your ancestor's tribulations by having sex with afew white women.

Sciler
Apr 6, 2003, 01:37 AM
On 2003-04-05 21:01, Sincere wrote:

And Sciler, the reason why hiphop listeners say the 'n' word is because of empowerment. We take a negative word that white people call us (amongst themselves) and make it into a word that they can't say around us, unless they're willing to get their asses kicked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But see thats what I dont get...why is it "empowering" when its such a deeply negative word. Like I said, I cant listen to some stuff, just ebcause it offends me. I dont like what the word stands for, adn I dont see how it can be used so carelessly. And I dont see what the difference is by you saying it verses me, or an asian person, or a hispanic person.

Question tho:
If a hispanic said it to you, not in a negative way, but like its used amongst yourselves...would you get pissed?

Same question goes but change it to asian.
now change it to white.

I dont see how its any different. its still a horrible negative word, adn no one has yet, in my years of asking people, been able to sway me and show me how it can be a "good" word, or "empowering" in your words. I just dont get it.

and im not trying to be arguemenative on purpose, i just truely want to understand. Anytime Im responding back, Im learning something new, or a new perspective. Im making an effort to learn things that I didnt know before...so just make sure not to take my responses back in any other way. Think of me as an inquiring child. I simply want to understand.

OracleDDX
Apr 6, 2003, 01:39 AM
Ill go out with anyone doesnt matter what ethnicity they are just if you like someone none of that junk should matter. It's never been a problem for me but it is alittle different in Texas in some places not the ultra hillbilly areas. Nicer places like houston and san antonio. Religon doesnt matter to me unless your a satinst you can not believe or believe in whatever its not that important to me. Social status well you cant be a bum... thats about it im game for almost any thing.

Scan_Man
Apr 6, 2003, 02:52 AM
On 2003-04-05 22:37, Sciler wrote:

On 2003-04-05 21:01, Sincere wrote:

But see thats what I dont get...why is it "empowering" when its such a deeply negative word. Like I said, I cant listen to some stuff, just ebcause it offends me. I dont like what the word stands for, adn I dont see how it can be used so carelessly. And I dont see what the difference is by you saying it verses me, or an asian person, or a hispanic person.

Question tho:
If a hispanic said it to you, not in a negative way, but like its used amongst yourselves...would you get pissed?

Same question goes but change it to asian.
now change it to white.

I dont see how its any different. its still a horrible negative word, adn no one has yet, in my years of asking people, been able to sway me and show me how it can be a "good" word, or "empowering" in your words. I just dont get it.

and im not trying to be arguemenative on purpose, i just truely want to understand. Anytime Im responding back, Im learning something new, or a new perspective. Im making an effort to learn things that I didnt know before...so just make sure not to take my responses back in any other way. Think of me as an inquiring child. I simply want to understand.

It is hard to explain why the "N" word is like that. You just have to grow up around black people all your life to understand. Hispanic people are somewhat excused. A lot them grow up with the same struggle blacks face. Some latinos even have African ancestry (that were slaves). Where I live, Asians are excused too. I never understood why that was. Maybe because some of them were mixed with black.

It just when it comes from a white person it usually ment to be derogatory. When I was high school there were a few, what I call, "down" white people (both male and female). They used the word, and most did not get offended. If you are not black, you just have to earn to use. Plus, you have to know how and when to use it.

Why is it ok for blacks to say it, and not whites? No one can truely explain it. I agree it should not be like that. But, that's the way it is.

Sincere
Apr 6, 2003, 03:58 AM
*cough*

[quote]
See, people that have problems with my race are the reason...

Guess I should've made that more clear for you, ABDUR... I do things to people that deserve it, not just because they're white. That's unfair... which is what I've BEEN saying for how long now... I hate repeating myself...

As for the HELL NO to white women in marriage, yeah, that was pretty stupid, now that I read it over. I was just upset at that one kid who wrote "I can't deal with the black people" or something to that extent. My fault there.

Oh, and ABDUR, I don't dedicate my life to pissing white people off, but hey, you don't knwo me well enough to know that, and I won't take the time to care. I'm pretty much done with this topic. As Scan said, you'd have to be black (or a visible minority) in America to understand

Smile. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tseng
Apr 6, 2003, 04:54 AM
Honestly I could date and marry a woman of a different race... though my parents would be against it. Note they're not racists but they worry about my well being to much and they would worry about what other people think about that. It's always nice to see someone cares that much.

Social standing generally shouldn't be a problem... unless health issues were involved... I don't think I could marry or date a woman with Leprecy or AIDS... I mean I would be friends with them, because they need all the friends possible, but I'd be to worried about my health. I guess I'm just to selfish. I think a militant femminist would have problems living with me... though I have no qualms.

Religion isn't anything I base my thoughts on, but I've discovered that this pisses alot of people off about me. Did you know that because I've been excommunicated from the Catholic Church that I'm not allowed to be married in a church? Did you know that a lot of bible thumpers treat you like a leper if you've been excommunicated? Even Baptist, Lutherans... people who don't even like the pope treat you like you're the Antichrist just because of a certificate I got when I was a pre-teen.

Religion and Social Standing is turning me into a misogynist... and it really sucks! When will the girls stop their hate?

brillyfresh
Apr 6, 2003, 01:16 PM
as much as i hate to say it, the visibility of race plays a huge part of behavior in society in America ... so many people mistake taking pride in their heritage with putting down another person's heritage based on generalization

i've grown up in the "average" American family, and that isn't limited to one race, as the "average" American family might be typically portrayed ... the truth is, there is NO average family in America, unless all families in America are average ... being raised in the midwest has certainly had an effect on me, since a lot of people living here are ignorant and intolerant of cultures and practices other than their own, racially, religiously, and socially, simply because they aren't exposed enough to diverse cultures

although this has had an effect on me, it is not a negative effect .... the color of someone's skin or the place they go to worship isn't really that important, what is important is that lump of gray matter inside your head and how you use it, or how you don't use it ... and EVERYONE is gray on the inside

my mother doesn't like Japanese people because of what they did to her uncle in WW2, during the Bataan Death March ... i love the Japanese culture, but she holds her tongue because i am her son ... i can see how it has directly affected her, but despite that, it's up to her on how she deals with it .... and holding a grudge only hurts one person in the long run

forget about what happened to your race of people whatever number of years ago, or what your race of people did to mark their uniqueness ... what they did is done and over with, nothing can be done to change that, and being a part of a race that would commit heinous acts doesn't make you a bad person with them ... the only thing that should matter now is how you choose to lead your life given that knowledge, what kind of person you will be to everyone else, and how you will distinguish yourself, not as black, or white, or asian, or latino, or WHATEVER, but as a HUMAN BEING

everyone has a mixed heritage, no matter how far back you want to trace it, mine is too mixed to even classify, except that i'm a member of the human race ........ just like everyone else

Vanango
Apr 7, 2003, 03:13 AM
When are you going to see things are just black and white? Just as they aren't always right and wrong?

PlusMinus
Apr 7, 2003, 06:19 AM
Some things are just naturally wrong though and won't go unpunished. Now, why did the 'Sincere' guy get banned, and no one else who argued in this thread? Kinda makes you think...

Sciler
Apr 7, 2003, 09:35 AM
Sincere got banned? It doesnt say so by his title like it usually would, unless the set up has changed

KodiaX987
Apr 7, 2003, 09:56 AM
This thread's gone to hell. Someone please lock it in a cell before everything breaks loose and somebody gets killed!

Raylan
Apr 7, 2003, 11:36 AM
}{ raises his hand for assassin-y stuff }{

Stricker
Apr 7, 2003, 12:11 PM
Yes why not. I don't care about races. Besides, I prefer a non puertorican girl. About religion, I have no problem at all cause I don't like any religion. I'm "ateo". How you say "ateo" in english?

Raylan
Apr 7, 2003, 12:13 PM
atheist, i think

Stricker
Apr 7, 2003, 12:15 PM
On 2003-04-07 10:13, Raylan wrote:
atheist, i think

atheist huh? Well I'm atheist...and proud. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

LollipopLolita
Apr 7, 2003, 02:03 PM
On 2003-04-07 07:35, Sciler wrote:
Sincere got banned? It doesnt say so by his title like it usually would, unless the set up has changed

maybe because his first account is banned, meaning he has to be banned and stay banned.

Sciler
Apr 7, 2003, 02:14 PM
lol, makes sense

Guile
Apr 8, 2003, 09:45 PM
Yeah I would, I am the product of one!
Race is just about the last thing I look at in a woman

Blenjar
Apr 8, 2003, 10:19 PM
If she's mad sexy, and old that. Straight chick, cool mind. Not dumb at all. HELL YEA http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif