PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Can't see player Shadows.

Vashyron
Nov 7, 2012, 08:24 PM
Since the latest update I can't see them. Only floating weapons and accessories. Unless the person is equipped with a Rappy suit or for the split second of when someone is in the "default" race appearance.

Every other shadow is fine in the game from what I can tell.

Now from what I already asked in game other people who have this issue as well all are using a AMD GPU like me, though some others on AMD don't have this issue. Haven't found anyone with this issue with Nvidia yet.

Personally have the game at max settings using a HD7850.

Pretty much want to know who else here has this issue and if anyone has found any sort of "fix."

Ezodagrom
Nov 8, 2012, 02:03 PM
I have that issue as well, after a bit of testing, found out that this is actually not affecting my PC, it's affecting my account. I logged in with my sister's account in my PC, the shadows for her character are fine, logged in with my account in my sister's PC, my shadows are broken.
This is weird...

EDIT: Turns out this is happening only with certain clothes, some clothes have shadows, others don't. It's possible that this may be affecting only AMD/ATI cards.

Vashyron
Nov 8, 2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah that seems to be it, at first when I logged into my Female character I saw Shadows working and I thought "oh it works on females? RIP bug ever getting fixed" but then I swapped clothing around and found out it was clothing.

Though regardless my Head doesn't cast a Shadow at any point... just eyes. (Unless I also have to flick trough hairstyles for one that works!)

Well seeing as it's a issue on AMD cards on the whole hopefully they will take action soon with it.

Edit: Or even if someone here could send a translated report to Sega about this issue that would be cool.

Ogni-XR21
Nov 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
Requiem Aeternam was so kind to link me to this thread from the quick questions thread. I'm having the same problem. But seeing this is a common thing I don't think it's needed to report this since japanese players must have the same problem so this should resolve itself in the near future.

Ezodagrom
Nov 13, 2012, 10:15 PM
D: Shadows are still broken after today's maintenance. ;-;
At times like this I wish I knew japanese...

Shirokami
Nov 13, 2012, 10:45 PM
D: Shadows are still broken after today's maintenance. ;-;
At times like this I wish I knew japanese...

To complain in the forums? Me too.

Ezodagrom
Nov 13, 2012, 11:11 PM
To complain in the forums? Me too.
Huh? By saying that at times like this I wish I knew japanese I meant that I wish I could send a report about this bug. ._.

Shirokami
Nov 13, 2012, 11:21 PM
Huh? By saying that at times like this I wish I knew japanese I meant that I wish I could send a report about this bug. ._.

That's what I tried to say D:

Ezodagrom
Nov 13, 2012, 11:23 PM
That's what I tried to say D:
Oh, my bad then, misunderstood your post. ^^;

Vashyron
Nov 15, 2012, 08:12 AM
The problem has been acknowledged. (http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=612)

Ezodagrom
Nov 15, 2012, 08:44 AM
The problem has been acknowledged. (http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=612)
That's great to know that they're aware. ^^