PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Danny91
Nov 8, 2012, 12:10 PM
Hey all, I played PSU for years before it finally got closed down. Now i'm going to start playing PSO2 I'm feeling a little lost with it all in a different language ext. :-? So i'm hoping a few people out there will be nice to me and give me a slight bit of help. I havent started playing yet btw so if anyone wants to join me it would be much appreciated! Don't really like playing these kind's of games on my own!

Now Im sorry if this is against the rules but i made a 14 day free mumble trial account so that if people did fancy joining me or just coming and talking with me then they can :) Looking forward to trying this game hope i find it as good as i did PSU :).

Ps Still got 10 mins left of downloading the game. Its going really slow, guess thats something to do with downloading it from japan or something?

(If it isnt allowed please just remove the bellow stuff or just ask me too) Dont mean to offend or cause harm. Just looking for some people to enjoy the game with :)

server address : pso2.mumble.com
Port: 8080

Skyly HUmar
Nov 8, 2012, 12:25 PM
Well dan, welcome to the forum, and welcome to PSO2. If you are looking for english players ship 2 is where you should make an account, thats where most of us play. Ship 10 has a pretty good sized english community too, but people tend to only talk to teammates there so its a bit harder to find a buddy. The rest of us are scattered arround the rest of the ships.

GreenArcher
Nov 8, 2012, 12:26 PM
This site has a ton of information, just about everything you'd need http://www.bumped.org/psublog

There is a fanmade patch that will translation most of the game to English. Although we cannot disclose details on where to get it here as it is against the rules, google is your friend.

Patching your client is probably going to take a while after you finish downloading. When you're all ready to go be sure to make your character on Ship 2 - this is where most of the English speaking community plays, specifically block 20.

Danny91
Nov 8, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hey thanks for the reply's. Yeh i have looked into the english patch and got it ready to install once my game has finally finished installing ext.

As for Ship? As i understand it they are the servers? Are blocks more like how universes were used in PSU?

:)

ashley50
Nov 8, 2012, 12:29 PM
http://www.bumped.org/psublog

MissMalice
Nov 8, 2012, 12:37 PM
Firstly, welcome to the forums.

Secondly, yes, each ship is a server and each block on that ship is like the "universes" on PSU. If you want to stick with the majority of the English population, then Ship 2, Block 20 is where to go. Keep in mind that once you pick a server, you can not move to another one without paying real money. Otherwise, you can either make a new account or delete your character and re-pick.

Thirdly, you're probably the fifth or so new person in the past week. We understand that you newbies have questions, but there is quite literally TONS of information that has already been provided by older, experienced players. Its taken quite a bit of time AND hard work for these people to pull all this information together. So, we just ask that instead of popping off 5 new threads a day with a new question each time, take a few minutes to use PSO-W's search feature. Or even Google. Hell, there's even a site specifically for PSO2 info called Bumped.org [a couple people have already linked to it]. If after doing some research, you still need more info, then no worries! We'll help out. But just try not to make dozens of new threads a day like the other guys. We'd REALLY appreciate it.

Miraclearrow
Nov 8, 2012, 12:41 PM
Welcome :D

PSO blog will be your best friend for learning the game at the start. Once you start getting into specific questions, then lean towards the forums. Good luck and Happy Hunting :D

Vintasticvin
Nov 8, 2012, 01:04 PM
And if Im correct we also have user submitted translation guides as well.