PDA

View Full Version : Future classes?

dioje
Nov 10, 2012, 03:43 AM
I'm not familiar with past PS games so I'm not sure what other weapons has a high possibility of being added for hypothetical, new classes. Is there any specific class/weapon type anyone would want to see in the future, like Archer, Bomber etc?

Blizz3112
Nov 10, 2012, 03:55 AM
I presume hybrid classes are a possibility or SEGA could surprise us with new types of gameplay... (though even now you can pretty much combine class abilities)

There are still some weapon classes not introduced from original PSO: Shots, Slicers, Katanas and Canes (not sure if claws are integrated yet).

And there are also weapons from PSU that don't have a version in the game yet: Axes and Laser Cannons...

Syklo
Nov 10, 2012, 04:14 AM
Weapon types for techers:

books, orbs.

dioje
Nov 10, 2012, 04:34 AM
Weapon types for techers:

books, orbs.

That... actually would be pretty cool. They could have grimoire or somethin :p. I just really want bow/arrows personally

Blizz3112
Nov 10, 2012, 05:42 AM
Beh, PSO was always sci-fi themed. The weapons you summarize are more medievil-fantasy-oriented... which can be nice, but probably best in a medievil-fantasy game...

Darki
Nov 10, 2012, 06:08 AM
Beh, PSO was always sci-fi themed. The weapons you summarize are more medievil-fantasy-oriented... which can be nice, but probably best in a medievil-fantasy game...

Bows were very cool weapons in PSU, and in this game they would be unique as assault rifles are very different from PSU's rifles. And I'm sorry, but considering bows "medieval-fantasy-oriented" when you're playing with huge swords, daggers, rods and wands seems a bit silly to me.

Dinosaur
Nov 10, 2012, 06:12 AM
If I recall, they wanted to make more weapons that multiple classes can use. Only thing that comes to mind in that regard are Slicers and Bows. There also happen to be sniper rifles and shotguns on the wall of the weapon shop.

Drifting Fable
Nov 10, 2012, 06:12 AM
Iaido katana.

That is all.

dioje
Nov 10, 2012, 06:17 AM

You act like it's hard to modernize weapons. Just about every online game has some form of Archery weapons and how the **** are bombs medievil? Have you seen BTOOOM?

I don't even want to start with listing the examples of modern games I've played that were set in a futuristic Japan that utilized these weapons extremely well, what you said makes now sense at all. They can have a slingshot and rock as a weapon and somehow make it work..

Blizz3112
Nov 10, 2012, 07:16 AM
You act like it's hard to modernize weapons. Just about every online game has some form of Archery weapons and how the **** are bombs medievil? Have you seen BTOOOM?

I don't even want to start with listing the examples of modern games I've played that were set in a futuristic Japan that utilized these weapons extremely well, what you said makes now sense at all. They can have a slingshot and rock as a weapon and somehow make it work..

I was actually talking about the books, orbs and bows... bombs aren't bad, since mines were a vital component in both PSO and PSU...

angrysquid
Nov 10, 2012, 07:23 AM
Don't almost all of the PSO2 weapons have a medieval/fantasy origin o_o?

Darki
Nov 10, 2012, 08:21 AM
I was actually talking about the books, orbs and bows... bombs aren't bad, since mines were a vital component in both PSO and PSU...

None of them are "bad" at all, considering as we've been saying that most weapons are already more fantasy themed than sci-fi.

Tcrusader51
Nov 10, 2012, 10:11 AM
I guess there is no place for saber and gun anymore since they have gunblades. However, what about twin sabers (or gunblades), crossbows, bows, machine guns (uzi like weapons), weapon and shield (guess it would more likely be sword)?

Darki
Nov 10, 2012, 10:56 AM
They had the perfect opportunity to add twin sabers as a "half-mode" for double sabers. Heck, even they split in half when you put them off. Considering that we have Assault rifles as some sort of mix between PSU rifles and machineguns, and handguns + sabers in the gunslash, it would have been a really cool addition. But they didn't. Not cool, SEGA. =( I guess a "twin gunslash" would be cool too, doubling as twin sabers and twin handguns... Who knows what lies in the future plans of SEGA? <_<

Crossbows and bows would be awesome, I loved bows in my old Wartecher, and I'd be happy to see them back (specially with a class-free version for my FO/HU). In case of those machineguns you talk about... Wouldn't that be a bit too much of the same? <_< Assault rifles and twin mechguns are already that wort of weapon, I'd rather have some more unique ranged weapons back, like laser cannons and/or shotguns. Specially laser cannons.

And about shield... somehow this franchise doesn't strike me as one that would have something as strange as a dual-wielding system with "asymetrical" weapons, a shield + melee weapon. It could certainly happen, but we have the example of stand-alone shields from PSZ... If you ask me I would be happy with that sort of weapon too, but something in-between a sword and a gunslash (not as big as a sword, not as tiny as a gunslash) and with a shield in the other hand, would certainly have my attention.

Kimil Adrayne
Nov 10, 2012, 11:37 AM
So far I'm able to simulate Warteher pretty well with my Fi/Te mix. It's really only missing those weapon classes that don't exist anymore: Claws, Bows and single handed weapons (loved me some Claw/pistol and Dagger/card action). Im not sure how/if/what new weapon classes will be added, I just hope I can get my hands on claws and bows in my current build again.

Syklo
Nov 10, 2012, 05:30 PM
There are shields.......just not as weapons...and only particular arm units look like them shields..

Also,

I see potential in bows:

The bow limb could be modelled after some double sabers
A beam of light connects the 2 ends of the bow limb to make your bow.

And then shoot ARROWS OF LIGHT~~
I wonder what the weapon action could be............maybe switching it so that the light string is used as a whip?

No idea how books would work though (despite it being my own suggestion)

(And before you ask, I have only played PSZ and PSO2, so I don't know much about the franchise)

Galax
Nov 10, 2012, 06:14 PM
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for crossbows (ah damn now that I type that...no pun was intended <_<) and longbows, as well as twin gunslashes. I was very much a fan of my Guntechers combo - Crossbow with Zagenga/Wand with Dambarta and Megistar; Bow with...anything. Shotgun with anything. Rifle with anything. I never really needed more than the first two once I got zagenga, though...Good reason to leave that kind of thing out this time around.

But what I really want is a specific...upgrade style. Like, you can take Gunner to...probably 30 again, or even 40, and then get a client order from Koffie to unlock Heavy Gunner - Utilizes launchers, shotguns, and lasers. Techer would unlock something like an Elemental Lord - Uses Rods, Wands and Bows, with higher elemental chances than any other class. Fighter would unlock...I don't even know, but it'd get Dual Gunslashes, Shields, and Axes. Probably a defense-heavy class.

As for the original three...

Hunter -> ...I don't really know. Suggestions? I'm not much of a hunter user.
Ranger -> Pistolero. Express user of Single pistols, crossbows, and as his true ranging weapon, Sniper Rifle.
Force -> Elemental Boxer. It'd take up some of the power of Hunter, but specialize entirely in unarmed casting/elemental punches/kicks. All "PAs" linkable only without a weapon equipped. To make up for this, its base stats in Striking/Tech attack would have to be higher than other classes' attack power in those areas. Would even it out a bit in the end...Or just give the "PAs" insane % boosters - like a few of gunners' <_<

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 06:23 PM
Ranger needs a shotgun, hunter needs claws, and force needs...

force needs...

edit: we also need slicers, and I'd be all down for shields being for the third force class AND the third hunter class

pikachief
Nov 10, 2012, 06:29 PM
Force needs bows that do both range and tech damage. When the arrow hits the enemy it does range damage, then sets off what ever tech you had linked to the bow. Sort of like cards but instead of the card shooting a tech, the bow lets off the tech after striking.

Rangers need shotguns, Lasers, Crossbows...

Hunters are fine. I guess they could get some twin sabers too though.

Squire Grooktook
Nov 10, 2012, 06:55 PM
I would love claws as a forward momentum heavy, long reaching alternative to knuckles.

What I mean by that is if you look at a lot of melee heavy action games like Bayonetta, Reckoning, Anarchy Reigns, even Kingdom Hearts, almost all of them have some sort of NORMAL non mp requiring lunge attack for closing the distance bewteen far off enemies really quickly. You could say step attack fulfills this niche, but most of the step attacks aren't terribly fast in comparison to what I'm talking about, and you can only use the attack near the end of your step, so it's a bit limited.

I would love to see a weapon that's all about just continually lunging forward, and not staying in the same place too long.

*edit*

Or heck, forget lunging. Just gimme a melee weapon that doesn't root you to the ground. Like a short ranged melee equivalent to the rifle.

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 07:01 PM
Claws as daggers plus knuckles plus partisans (for slashing style), do want.

[Ayumi]
Nov 10, 2012, 07:05 PM
I think Hunters/Fighters have enough weapons.

Squire Grooktook
Nov 10, 2012, 07:06 PM
I would say just give every class as many weapon types as possible. As long as they are good and not just clones or inferior rip offs of existing classes.

More variety the better.

Zyrusticae
Nov 10, 2012, 07:31 PM
I'm with Grooktook on this one. Just add weapons to existing classes.

All I want are:

Techers: Whips
Force: Bows
Fighter: Claws
Hunter: AXES!!!!!!!
Ranger: Beam Laser
Gunner: Shotgun

And then the cycle would be complete.

dioje
Nov 10, 2012, 07:38 PM
Bows for Force? God no. Hunter is the most logical choice.

FO can get magic tomes and "curse" type techs

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 07:38 PM
;2880674']I think Hunters/Fighters have enough weapons.

I think forces/techers have enough techs.

Zyrusticae
Nov 10, 2012, 07:56 PM
Bows for Force? God no. Hunter is the most logical choice.

FO can get magic tomes and "curse" type techs
Bows were a technique-class weapon in PSU; I don't see any reason to deviate from precedent.

More importantly, they can introduce a whole new playstyle for Force characters focused around new PAs using the bow (all of which, naturally, scale with T-Atk).

Galax
Nov 10, 2012, 08:09 PM
I still want to see FO or TE become something that starts laying out lightning-based roundhouse kicks and flaming punches.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 10, 2012, 08:15 PM
Ranger needs machine guns, "True" machine guns, the kinds that are just as heavy as the launchers+^_^+
kinda wanna feel like this guy, but in PSO2+^_^+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_jMlGJYzsA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_jMlGJYzsA

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 08:28 PM
I was actually thinking gunner would have done awesome with a proper gatling gun of some kind instead of the assault rifle. It would have been the weapon to get elder rebellion and infinity fire type techs, leaving mechguns to specialize in maneuvering and such.

This branched from when I was thinking it would have been good with a shotgun, but really some type of bottomless ammo weapon would have fit better. This weapon would've been the launcher for the class, just not as good with AOE, and possible with a type of defensive ability built in.

Galax
Nov 11, 2012, 08:23 AM
Giga, perhaps pressing shift blocks like hunter with gatling? The gun would certainly be big and bulky enough to fend off attacks.

gigawuts
Nov 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
That's pretty much the kind of idea I was getting at, I like it. The only trouble is that leaves it with one PA to use, unless it has the melee-style setup.

Syklo
Nov 12, 2012, 12:51 AM
Giga, perhaps pressing shift blocks like hunter with gatling? The gun would certainly be big and bulky enough to fend off attacks.
Or pressing shift activates a Turret stance;

Increased accuracy (less spread)
Increased rate of fire

Punisher106
Nov 12, 2012, 08:50 PM
I demand my twin sabers. I miss my Sange and Yasha so much. ;_;

Resanoca
Nov 12, 2012, 08:55 PM
Twin sabers.

Finalzone
Nov 12, 2012, 09:58 PM
Those mentioning shotgun forgot the assault rifle already has PA that mimics it.

Sparzyle
Nov 12, 2012, 10:02 PM
Lilipan race using Rouge class with Twin saber & Claws as weapons I say P:

Zyrusticae
Nov 12, 2012, 10:40 PM
Those mentioning shotgun forgot the assault rifle already has PA that mimics it.
Irrelevant. It's a PA, and ONE PA, at that.

Shotgun can be so much more, especially if it's used with as much style and pizzazz as the twin mechguns.

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2012, 11:37 PM

Assault rifle also has grenade shell, but that doesn't mean launchers are useless.

A nicely done shotgun, I feel, would be a cross between the shotgun PA and mechguns. A bit of melee, a bit of burst damage, but far better for crowd control.

pikachief
Nov 12, 2012, 11:42 PM

it also already has a PA that mimics a machine gun and launcher. doesn't mean they can't make up more PAs for that weapon type.

Auto-shotty PA, penetrating PA, wide-spread PA, charge-shot PA, and a PA that possibly slows down enemies or lowers accuracy of the enemy would all work for a shotgun. Also some melee oriented shotgun PAs would also be nice.

Drifting Fable
Nov 12, 2012, 11:46 PM
Now I want a fireworks nunchaku PA for the shotgun.

I don't care if it's physically impossible.

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2012, 11:48 PM
If our game can have trick rave and deadly archer it can have shotguns that turn into nunchuks.

LinkKD
Nov 13, 2012, 12:23 AM
Twin sabers.

That.

firefiore
Nov 13, 2012, 09:22 AM
I can't ever see us getting hybrid classes, TBH. The subclass system is as good as we will ever get for hybridization. I do think we can expect to see subclass improvements made over a period of time.

Zethswey
Nov 13, 2012, 09:55 AM
They should Add a Shield as Sub Weapon that'll be so cool, i love Sword and shield fighters. Do they have Shield's as sub weapons yet?

Eternal255
Nov 13, 2012, 03:28 PM
i only layed PSU for a little while because i didnt care for the classes, but bows were my favorite next to sabers

i would love to see sabers in the game, or at least some legacy sabers made into gunslashes (ie lavis cannon!)

or just sabers included with some sort of saber-gear to make them not so boring.

TheAstarion
Nov 13, 2012, 07:39 PM
Classes (all gunslash only, pretty much sub bait):

Alchemist - item usage bonuses, carry capacity increased, chance to use items "for free", skills to imbue atomisers with drink effects, increase effectiveness of status effects.

Beastmaster - Rally the natives to your side against the Darkers... or prime them for better exp & loot. Dominate the weak-willed to do your bidding as an ally.

Paragon - The best you can be of your race. PP regeneration, status immunities, attack speed, and racial specials on this tree, different for every race. Includes a skill point to unlock one weapon for each class to use even while subbed.

All lies of course, and could be horribly broken, but it would need to be to compete with weak bullet.

As for weapons, doublesabers already split into twin sabers for storage, there should be an option to switch styles. Twin sabers are cooler than twin daggers, at any rate. I liked whips and claws pretty much the best in PSU, and it's a shame to see them combined into wirelances and ignored because they don't have Deadly Archer. A scythe weapon type could be cool, but we already have souleater and traicion in other weapon categories.

What I would like to see would be unique PAs for magical weapons. Talis could become a Slicer, in effect, or at least a cardstorm. Rods could be used as a bo staff for blunt styled attacks, and wands could be given flashy fencing moves. Set them apart a little more, since they all just seem to use spells.

I liked some of the guns in PSU, laser cannons and shotguns especially. We have a shotgun PA for rifle, as well as a penetrating bullet, but we also have a grenade launcher PA and a full auto one so it's not like rifles haven't got the other classes covered already. A big gatling gun or flamethrower could be cool but they might serve better as launcher PAs and unique looking launcher weapons.

cheapgunner
Nov 13, 2012, 07:48 PM
Shield/Saber combo.

Fin Funnels (Gundam reference)

Nunchucks

Boots (seriously, why not?)

Hammers (would be cool)

drixil
Nov 13, 2012, 07:49 PM
Claws!
Shields are cute too.
Mallets!
Giant wrenches!

cheapgunner
Nov 13, 2012, 08:43 PM
A shield standalone as a weapon like the Gawondas would be kinda interesting. Have the shield as two halves like double sabers and when put together, they form the shield, with some sort of design on the front.

Omega-z
Nov 13, 2012, 08:57 PM
Posting this from another thread

Sakai & Sega are in the plan's in making more classes. But the thing is that the weapon's which are left, that aren't already part of another weapon type already. They could be added to another type or they need to be not repeating in the function of the weapon's we do have.

What we have now :

Sword/Ax type.

Partisan/Spear type.

Wired Lance/Twin Claw type....(there bring out Twin Rika's/Fal claws as Wired Lance also, So chances are low for them being there own type sorry).

Twin Dagger type.

Double Saber type.

Knuckle type...(reason for Rocket Puncher not being Knuckles is that in PSO they were a Gun type and in PSU they were a Knuckle so they bridged it together to be a WL instead, which makes since).

Gun Slasher/Saber/Handgun type.

Assault Rifle/ Which play's a Shotgun type role with PA's.

Launcher/Grenade Launcher/ Laser Cannon type.....(they have reskin's for this already just need a PA skill to match).

Twin Machine Gun/ Twin Handgun's/ PSU Mechgun's with right PA.

Rod/Pole type....(the exception is the Bico Hammer but it was a Rod in PSOBB).

Tallis/Cards type.

Wand/Club/Hammer and maybec small magic blades......(reason for Hammer's that all the new one's are more hammer base in design ...like Thor's Hammer).

Mag's/PM's/Shagdoog,RCSM/Madoog, TCSM type.

Arm Armor/Shield/ Barrier type.

List of candidates with chances:

Twin Saber - High - Been in both PSO & PSU world's - Melee weapon.

Slicer - High - Been in both PSO & PSU world's - Melee weapon.

Single Dagger - Low - chances are it will be a Gun Slasher. - Melee/Ranged weapon.

Whip/Single Claw - Medium - Now Single Claw Chances are it will be a Whip type like WL, But this need's to be thought out well to work since this is pretty much the single version of it to the twin's which is it's only drawback. - Melee weapon.

Long Bow/Cross Bow - High/Medium - The only drawback would be how it would be applied. - Ranged Weapon.

Magic Gauntlet's - Medium - Now this one has never been in any of the games but all of the other type's of Tech weapons are all ready in use. Now there is popularity in this type of weapon and there is a possible need for this with the unarmed Tech casting from the Pallet. It would be mid-range combat.

Odd Balls:

Twin Gun Slasher's - Low - Reason for this is that they are overshadow'd by Twin Machine Gun & most likely Twin Saber's.

Shield's - Low - Reason for that is the Arm Armor have shield like gear and that they where more Armor gear then weapon's in PSO.

When they do bring the other 3 classes out best possibility for there weapon's are:

New HU/FI type - ( possibly being called Vanguard ) - ( used for a Class in PSP2,PSP2i )

Twin Saber's type
Slicer's type
Whip/Single Claw type *need's rework*
Gun Slasher/Saber/Handgun type *ALL*

New RA/GU type - ( possibly being called Marksman ) - ( used as a Name of item's in PSO )

Long Bow/Cross Bow type
Launcher/Grenade Launcher/ Laser Cannon type * Assault Rifle/Shotgun has been reused already*

New FO/TE type - ( possibly being called Esper ) - ( used for a magic Class in PSI,PSII,PSIII & PSIV )

Magic Gauntlet's type *New*
Tallis/Cards type *Secondary Tech weapon*

This is my best guess.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Dec 12, 2012, 02:58 PM
@Omega: A Shotgun-like PA for Rifles does not necessarily mean that Shotguns have already been covered. Keep in mind that Rifles have a PA that fires an explosive projectile like the Launcher does. Shotguns could still have a niche as a short-range nuking weapon or a mid-range AoE weapon.

RedRaz0r
Dec 12, 2012, 03:21 PM
@Omega: A Shotgun-like PA for Rifles does not necessarily mean that Shotguns have already been covered. Keep in mind that Rifles have a PA that fires an explosive projectile like the Launcher does. Shotguns could still have a niche as a short-range nuking weapon or a mid-range AoE weapon.

There's no way around it: We need shotguns. They were such a major part of PSO and PSU. What would PSO2 be without a Spread Needle?

Laxedrane
Dec 12, 2012, 04:32 PM
There's no way around it: We need shotguns. They were such a major part of PSO and PSU. What would PSO2 be without a Spread Needle?

spread needle wasn't a shotgun in pso. It was a rifle with a special bullet. they could just as easily do the some thing in pso2.

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 04:33 PM
spread needle wasn't a shotgun in pso. It was a rifle with a special bullet. they could just as easily do the some thing in pso2.

Spread needle was a rifle with shot functionality and either handgun or mechgun range.

darkante
Dec 12, 2012, 04:43 PM
Minigun with a full auto shotgun mounted.

supersonix9
Dec 12, 2012, 04:44 PM
Katanas and Slicers. Now.

Noc Codez
Dec 12, 2012, 05:41 PM
I miss slicers.. Imagine the PAs for it :)

ZIE creations
Dec 12, 2012, 05:50 PM
I feel they should try their best to come out with actually NEW weapons and styles. We don't need most of the weapons people are gaunting about because we have types that already fill that role. Honestly, in PSO/PSU Twin daggers and twin sabers ended up being the same thing, twin claws were pretty much just like daggers but slower. Shotguns, no matter what you think, can do a lot, but they are not really that interesting and would have limitations. I would be for shotguns if they brought out a new type of weapon with similar properties, like a blaster which also had heavy AOE capabilities or something.

I would like to see more styles, a Bow on force types would be pretty awesome, they could, instead of only shooting light arrows, they could fire whatever tech you are using as an arrow, like a rafoi arrow that would cast on what it strikes, or cast a magid covered arrow that targeted enemies.

Hunters have quite a bit of variation as it is, but having a heavier weapon, like the sword, but even more powerful and probably slower could give an interesting mix, like hammers or something of the like.

Syklo
Dec 12, 2012, 06:35 PM
What da necro is this?

Darki
Dec 12, 2012, 10:21 PM
Katanas and Slicers. Now.

If adding katanas as a weapon class means that they'd stop adding them as swords then I'm all for it. I really hate the concept of old-fashioned katanas ina friggin' Star Wars themed game and I always considered dumb that in PSU a plain katana was the strongest sword for a good deal of time.

In any case, to Omega... I'm sorry but your list seems pretty random to me... A reskin is the least of the reasons for not adding a weapon category, and grenades can't even begin to compare to what laser cannons were in PSU. ._. If you consider single handed whips/daggers as highly probable to be included even having already wired lances and twin daggers n the game, laser cannons should be way sooner in the list.

Zyrusticae
Dec 12, 2012, 10:28 PM
If they do laser cannons, they better do them properly - as sustained damage weapons where you can actually hold down the trigger and lay a continuous stream of fire across an entire area.

That would be badass.

I still want them to add weapons to existing classes rather than making up new ones.

My list of wants hasn't changed much:
Ranger - Laser Cannon
Gunner - Shotgun
Fighter - Twin Claws
Hunter - Axes(!!!)
Force - Bow
Techer - Whips

And there you go. No new classes necessary!

Besides, there's just no way you could come up with a satisfying theme for the new classes that isn't just "jack-of-all-trades".

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 10:41 PM
I think we should really get a single claw instead of a twin claw. If it's twins the fighting style be too much like wired lances, or fists.

But if it's single that gives some design flexibility.

Besides that, I am inclined to agree that expounding on existing stuff is better than just popping in a new class.

Syklo
Dec 12, 2012, 10:45 PM
I think we should really get a single claw instead of a twin claw. If it's twins the fighting style be too much like wired lances, or fists.

But if it's single that gives some design flexibility.

Besides that, I am inclined to agree that expounding on existing stuff is better than just popping in a new class.
So single claw + Bare hand?

I can see lots of grabbing and impaling there.

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 10:48 PM
That was my thought, lots of charging, grabbing, and mobile slashing. Kind of like gunslash, but more mobile like that chargey partisan PA.

Darki
Dec 12, 2012, 11:02 PM
If they do laser cannons, they better do them properly - as sustained damage weapons where you can actually hold down the trigger and lay a continuous stream of fire across an entire area.

That would be badass.

I agree, but the problem I see to it is that it would conflict with the JA style they've used with all weapons and attacks this time. In PSU you had that for machineguns (never understood why there and not for lazors), but here they even reverted to the "three synchro attacks for every weapon" style from PSO.

I suppose they could make it so the weapon itself is very slow firing, and each shoot does sustained damage for a longer time, but still allowing for the typical 3-way JA.

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2012, 11:11 PM
I agree, but the problem I see to it is that it would conflict with the JA style they've used with all weapons and attacks this time. In PSU you had that for machineguns (never understood why there and not for lazors), but here they even reverted to the "three synchro attacks for every weapon" style from PSO.

I suppose they could make it so the weapon itself is very slow firing, and each shoot does sustained damage for a longer time, but still allowing for the typical 3-way JA.

So do it ragrants style, maybe a bit longer of an attack, and letting you sweep the beam around while firing. Maybe 2 second bursts?

edit: Or a gatling laser, with a beam PA. Actually this sounds like the way to go anyway. I mean honestly, who the fuck gets tired of gatling lasers? Fawkes would like a word with you.

Noblewine
Dec 12, 2012, 11:43 PM
Bring back axes. >=D

Skye-Fox713
Dec 13, 2012, 12:10 AM

That would be badass.

I still want them to add weapons to existing classes rather than making up new ones.

My list of wants hasn't changed much:
Ranger - Laser Cannon
Gunner - Shotgun
Fighter - Twin Claws
Hunter - Axes(!!!)
Force - Bow
Techer - Whips

And there you go. No new classes necessary!

Besides, there's just no way you could come up with a satisfying theme for the new classes that isn't just "jack-of-all-trades".

Shotgun's for gunners, I'd be on that like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Syklo
Dec 13, 2012, 12:12 AM
I want some weapon class that's more martial arts - oriented than knuckles (Kicks, breakdancing moves etc etc)

MetalDude
Dec 13, 2012, 12:40 AM
Twin Sabers, Katanas, and Slicers please.

StoopidRyoko
Dec 13, 2012, 01:19 AM
I'm loving the weapon suggestions for each of the classes. I'd like to see Protransers and Vanguards make a comeback. Instead of them being 2 brand new classes, I'd like them to just expand on the subclass idea, allowing for a 3rd subclass. (lol I know, would you like some subclass for your subclass?) Any combination of 2/3 HU/RA/FO would yield a Protranser, and 2/3 FI/GU/TE yields a Vanguard. So if you mained Force, and subbed Gunner and Hunter, you would be a Protranser etc.

Keeping the same idea of only being able to use your main class weapons and cross class weapons allowing for subclass PA use, and gaining access to skills and passives. I'd like to have the Protranser and Vanguard classes also give a unique skill tree for them that boosts Gunslash use. I see so many people main a Gunslash weapon that there might as well be a skill tree for them.

You'd still be able to subclass any of the 3 classes together, like HU/FI/TE for example but this Gunslash skill tree would be a Vanguard and Protranser thing only.

Syklo
Dec 13, 2012, 01:31 AM
I'm loving the weapon suggestions for each of the classes. I'd like to see Protransers and Vanguards make a comeback. Instead of them being 2 brand new classes, I'd like them to just expand on the subclass idea, allowing for a 3rd subclass. (lol I know, would you like some subclass for your subclass?) Any combination of 2/3 HU/RA/FO would yield a Protranser, and 2/3 FI/GU/TE yields a Vanguard. So if you mained Force, and subbed Gunner and Hunter, you would be a Protranser etc.

Keeping the same idea of only being able to use your main class weapons and cross class weapons allowing for subclass PA use, and gaining access to skills and passives. I'd like to have the Protranser and Vanguard classes also give a unique skill tree for them that boosts Gunslash use. I see so many people main a Gunslash weapon that there might as well be a skill tree for them.

You'd still be able to subclass any of the 3 classes together, like HU/FI/TE for example but this Gunslash skill tree would be a Vanguard and Protranser thing only.
In other words you want an idea that certain main/sub/(subsub) combinations will result in different class names that not only represent that class combination but also grant access to other hidden skills in the skill trees of those classes (Or as a separate class tree)?

Do want.
As long as those hidden skills are on an 'automatically obtain' basis rather than spending SP, because that's just silly.

StoopidRyoko
Dec 13, 2012, 11:27 AM
In other words you want an idea that certain main/sub/(subsub) combinations will result in different class names that not only represent that class combination but also grant access to other hidden skills in the skill trees of those classes (Or as a separate class tree)?

Do want.
As long as those hidden skills are on an 'automatically obtain' basis rather than spending SP, because that's just silly.

Interesting. Originally I wanted a separate skill tree for those that were classified as a Pro or Van, which would focus more on gunslash use with things like gunslash gear, skills to increase either the striking damage or ranged damage of the gunslash, maybe even another JA bonus. Are far as the SP is concerned, what would be more fair? The same amount as your main class, or the highest lvl shared by all of them?

As for hidden skills, do you mean something like a latent ability for those skills only when you're a Pro or Van? For example, If I main Force, sub Ranger, sub Fighter which classifies me as a Protranser. Instead of getting access to a gunslash skill tree, I unlock bonuses for the skills and passives that I have already maxed to 10 in each respective class. 10 points in Tatk up would give an extra 10 points on top of the 50 you get for maxing it. 10 points in charge tech1 would give maybe an extra 3% boost in charge tech damage, lower cooldowns for other skills etc.

[Ayumi]
Dec 13, 2012, 12:28 PM
I want a class that can actually use swords and mechs in the main class so I can
use my Guld Milla (whenever they release it) with my Zanba and still be able to sub a tech class and use rods or something.

WolfDreamer
Dec 13, 2012, 01:23 PM
I see potential in bows:

The bow limb could be modelled after some double sabers
A beam of light connects the 2 ends of the bow limb to make your bow.

And then shoot ARROWS OF LIGHT~~
I wonder what the weapon action could be............maybe switching it so that the light string is used as a whip?

This right here was the niftiest idea i've read in this thread. Sure I'd want Bows to be the new weapon for a new FO/TE type class, but having them be the new universal with a Whip type switch would be fine as well.

As far as staying on topic with actual "future classes":
New HU/FI type - slow nuke damage - Axes/Twin Sabers - Skill tree includes making your attacks a little faster for these traditionally slow weapons
New RA/GU type - crowd control/status effects - Shotgun/Laser Cannon - Skill tree includes increasing the elemental properties of your attacks and/or adding status effects
New FO/TE type - weapon based damage - Bow/Whip - Skill tree includes increasing the elemental properties of your weapon attacks and a "Status Arrow" (think Weak Bullet but with increased status effect instead of increased damage)

The possibility of having a sub-subclass option was also brought up and I really hope they do NOT do this and don't think they will. First thought I had was how we all complained about the game getting so much easier when you added in the stat bonuses and skill tree abilities from your sub-class. Imagine that stat boost happening again and even a fabled "ultimate" difficulty wouldn't be able to offset the OPness. The way its setup now is fine with a main and a sub. I imagine down the road the max lvl per class will be 100 which will make your combined level with main and sub 200, the level cap we're all used to seeing in these games (this theory was brought up in previous threads).

redroses
Dec 13, 2012, 02:07 PM
I would LOVE to have a bard class, which would be a FO/TE branch class.

The bards would have elemental music (like I sad tune would be barta element, electronic sound would be zonde element, pretty harp sound would be grants element and so on), and would have many abilities that deal status effects to enemies (jellen, zalure, movement speed, bind, charm, decreasing resistances, etc.). And it would be awesome if they had a skill to resurrect dead players with a short tune.

And female chars would get harp like weapons, and males get guitars (of course, both weapon versions would have designs that range from cute to bad ass).

I just love the idea of a class fighting with music.

hbmizzle10
Dec 13, 2012, 02:35 PM
I would LOVE to have a bard class, which would be a FO/TE branch class.

The bards would have elemental music (like I sad tune would be barta element, electronic sound would be zonde element, pretty harp sound would be grants element and so on), and would have many abilities that deal status effects to enemies (jellen, zalure, movement speed, bind, charm, decreasing resistances, etc.). And it would be awesome if they had a skill to resurrect dead players with a short tune.

And female chars would get harp like weapons, and males get guitars (of course, both weapon versions would have designs that range from cute to bad ass).

I just love the idea of a class fighting with music.

i don't that will fit in so much.

darkante
Dec 13, 2012, 02:36 PM
Bards sounds lovely, but very unlikely.

redroses
Dec 13, 2012, 05:17 PM
Oh yes, I know a bard class would have chance of 0,0001% to make it in. I just would have really loved to see a bard class.

Syklo
Dec 13, 2012, 06:28 PM
Interesting. Originally I wanted a separate skill tree for those that were classified as a Pro or Van, which would focus more on gunslash use with things like gunslash gear, skills to increase either the striking damage or ranged damage of the gunslash, maybe even another JA bonus. Are far as the SP is concerned, what would be more fair? The same amount as your main class, or the highest lvl shared by all of them?

As for hidden skills, do you mean something like a latent ability for those skills only when you're a Pro or Van? For example, If I main Force, sub Ranger, sub Fighter which classifies me as a Protranser. Instead of getting access to a gunslash skill tree, I unlock bonuses for the skills and passives that I have already maxed to 10 in each respective class. 10 points in Tatk up would give an extra 10 points on top of the 50 you get for maxing it. 10 points in charge tech1 would give maybe an extra 3% boost in charge tech damage, lower cooldowns for other skills etc.
My idea didn't really involve a separate skill tree, but more like additional skills to each class in the combo.

Using your protranser example, let's say main is lv 50, sub is 40 and sub sub is 20. In each class's tree, there would be a number of additional skills separate from the main tree, obtainable either automatically based on its level, or using some other SP form calculated via other algorithms, e.g. the average of all 3.
These "skills" may or may not be add-ons to existing ones.

Oh yes, I know a bard class would have chance of 0,0001% to make it in. I just would have really loved to see a bard class.

Rolling around at the speed of sound,
Got places to go, gotta FOLLOW MY RAINBOW!.

Nuff said.

Courina
Dec 13, 2012, 10:31 PM
hmm... i miss slicers too... but prolly they gonna be talis...

about new class... any of you think for class use mech gun/rifle in one hand and sword/dagger on other hand at same time? also we missed class that have Gunslash Gear ....

segaaaaaa give us Ambidexterity Ability / Dual Wield pleaseeeee