PDA

View Full Version : Something I noticed about MAG Cells

Wang_Tang
Mar 29, 2003, 11:56 PM
I was xferring items the other day and noticed that it was possible to use a cell of 213 on my Angel's Wing, as well as my other char's Soniti. I didnt use the cell, but i was wondering if anyone else has noticed this and whether or not this does anything special. I know about the Devil's Wing to Devil Tail thing, but what happens if you feed, say, a 213 or even another angel heart to an Angel's Wing?
I'm assuming that if i did feed the 213 to either my angels wing or my soniti that it would just turn into a churel or a preta or whatever based on the secid who fed it, thereby treating the rare mag fed the cell as a regular mag, but still i have to wonder. if anyone feels like testing this and possibly wasting their cell i'd be interested to know the results.

lockeboy
Mar 30, 2003, 12:37 AM
Easy way to find out ..

Just open the game up, use the cells, and then use the reset button on the 'cube .. I'm pretty sure that it will NOT save (if you're not sure, then just test it out first). Should be able to try it out that way!

Wang_Tang
Mar 30, 2003, 12:40 AM
riiiight. good idea, ill try that

Zeebo
Mar 30, 2003, 12:58 AM
might currupt you memory card are you willing to try?

Wang_Tang
Mar 30, 2003, 01:03 AM
that wont corrupt my memory card. I've reset before in order to change what cell comes out of x-mas present, etc. no corruption.

Stalfos333
Mar 30, 2003, 02:05 AM
Corruption only occurs when you play online and shut off. Offline or offline multiplayer is perfectly safe to shut off at random, since it's reading from your memory card only to save and to load, and inbetween leaves it alone. Online, your character is on a server and read nearly constantly.

Atax
Mar 30, 2003, 06:39 AM
I can say what happens, basically the cell disappers (as all items do when you use them). However the mag stays the same, meaning you just wasted a cell for nothing.