PDA

View Full Version : NPC gave me an Agito

Liet
Mar 30, 2003, 12:07 AM
I read a topic about the guy in the Ult quest giving up his Agito, so I decided I'd try it while leveling up my guy. I wasn't really expecting anything, but he dropped an Agito 2001! I don't know if anybody else has tried t since that post, but I just thought I'd bring it up. As a side note, the game almost FSOD on me lateron in that quest. It skipped or something. I thought i was done for. Anybody else had this skipping thing happen to them?

Getintothegame
Mar 30, 2003, 12:09 AM
Uhhhh....... What quest? Agito 2001? News post!?! Ahhhh!
Pweej explain
!

Liet
Mar 30, 2003, 12:12 AM
I got it from the pony-tailed guy in the Rescue Ult offline quest

lockeboy
Mar 30, 2003, 12:31 AM
How?!

Liet
Mar 30, 2003, 12:46 AM
he dropped it after i beat him when he fights you. right before that, when he got done talking, the game made that 'surprise' noise. I didn't even think of that until now. maybe that has something to do with it.

hmm, bed time

lockeboy
Mar 30, 2003, 12:51 AM
That's never happened to me. Wow .. hmm. Try and think of anything you did differently!

soralan
Mar 30, 2003, 07:11 AM
No to the skipping, and what exactly do you do to get an agito of the HUmar?

theres me thinking that queest was fun but useless.

O and the DR is a cheater, howed he get that rifle.... plus he can walk through the barrier on the timer.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lockeboy
Mar 30, 2003, 10:50 AM
On 2003-03-30 04:11, soralan wrote:
O and the DR is a cheater, howed he get that rifle.... plus he can walk through the barrier on the timer.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Err .. he played on Ultimate and got lucky from a Dark Bringer? o_O

soralan
Mar 30, 2003, 11:28 AM
i can believe he actually found it, its more the equipping part http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif .......

Moogy
Mar 30, 2003, 01:47 PM
Um, FOnewms actually can equip the Bringer's Rifle, as far as I know.

soralan
Mar 30, 2003, 02:08 PM
On 2003-03-30 10:47, Moogy wrote:
Um, FOnewms actually can equip the Bringer's Rifle, as far as I know.

O_o i never actually knew that.

well he still walks through barriers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FluxGryphon
Mar 30, 2003, 02:56 PM
All the NPC's are cheaters - or at least glitchy. In "The Grave's Butler" there's a HUnewearl with a rifle on the first level of the Caves. And then of course there's Zoke with the Sange and Yasha (actually the Kamui, but that's another post), which is Hunter-only. Do these guys just like dressing up as classes they are not?

At least there is one thing that NPC's don't have a wonky advantage over PC's. One time I was playing my HUcast in "Forest of Sorrow" and Alicia got paralyzed by a Gulgus-gue. So, I take her over to the Resta-ring on Forest 2 to get her healed. Well, instead of getting rid of the paralysis the ring continually tried to heal her, going up and down and up and down like she had zillions of TP. Apparently the ring can't get rid of status ailments (at least paralysis, anyway) on NPC's - which really sucks since droids have no other way to restore them other than going up to the Hospital and paying 10 meseta (which also gets rid of potential buffs).

Back to the topic, when exactly in the quest did you FSOD? It would be strange for the HUmar-guy to drop his weapon and still be carrying it later in the cinema-scene with Ult and him walking past a crystal pillar. And did you get Elenor's Mag to evolve?

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 30, 2003, 05:11 PM
On 2003-03-30 11:56, FluxGryphon wrote:
All the NPC's are cheaters - or at least glitchy. In "The Grave's Butler" there's a HUnewearl with a rifle on the first level of the Caves. And then of course there's Zoke with the Sange and Yasha (actually the Kamui, but that's another post), which is Hunter-only. Do these guys just like dressing up as classes they are not?

At least there is one thing that NPC's don't have a wonky advantage over PC's. One time I was playing my HUcast in "Forest of Sorrow" and Alicia got paralyzed by a Gulgus-gue. So, I take her over to the Resta-ring on Forest 2 to get her healed. Well, instead of getting rid of the paralysis the ring continually tried to heal her, going up and down and up and down like she had zillions of TP. Apparently the ring can't get rid of status ailments (at least paralysis, anyway) on NPC's - which really sucks since droids have no other way to restore them other than going up to the Hospital and paying 10 meseta (which also gets rid of potential buffs).

Back to the topic, when exactly in the quest did you FSOD? It would be strange for the HUmar-guy to drop his weapon and still be carrying it later in the cinema-scene with Ult and him walking past a crystal pillar. And did you get Elenor's Mag to evolve?

yeah i saw that WAY WAY back it hard me mad
that hunters got a rifle THATS NOT RIGHT
and because i saw Zoke with the sange and yasha i thought all the classes coudl use them.
bogus how they trick us like this.
but how we get them back, their horrid fighting systems makes them easy to beat that is. if your human. kireek was no match his soul eatter was mines.

PRINCE-MALIK
Mar 30, 2003, 06:40 PM
I've never seen an NPC (besides Kireek) drop their weapon, how strange......

Savrak
Mar 30, 2003, 06:46 PM
is this normal, hard, vhard, or ultimate?

Loftgroover
Mar 30, 2003, 07:19 PM
the game made that 'surprise' noise.

I had a strange occurence tonight after hearing that noise.

Just as de rol hit the raft the noise occured and he just sat there while me and my friend killed it...no tentacle attacks or anything....

Z_Shinji
Mar 31, 2003, 10:56 AM
Exactly on what difficulty?

Liet
Apr 3, 2003, 06:50 PM
it was hard mode, and no i didn't get the mag to evolve...

trailingedge
Apr 3, 2003, 08:45 PM
On 2003-03-29 21:07, Liet wrote:
I read a topic about the guy in the Ult quest giving up his Agito, so I decided I'd try it while leveling up my guy. I wasn't really expecting anything, but he dropped an Agito 2001! I don't know if anybody else has tried t since that post, but I just thought I'd bring it up. As a side note, the game almost FSOD on me lateron in that quest. It skipped or something. I thought i was done for. Anybody else had this skipping thing happen to them?

Ah....is that a April Fool's joke?...if it is you got us going..lol