PDA

View Full Version : Network Game Roundup: Winter

Palle
Nov 15, 2012, 02:02 PM
Well, that time of year is approaching, when the EVE population undergoes its subtle shifts and many of us in the West have more downtime. Translation: without school, other games may be needed to fill the space vacated by other hobbies. Being a network games man, I'm just looking to the community for info on which titles to check out.

TERA: My sub ran out in the first week of September, probably sometime close to when the PvE servers merged (I was on RP server anyway). I think some features were added in subsequent weeks, but my key concerns were server population and quality of RP. Not sure about this one.

Guild Wars 2: I'm very curious how this one has played out. I never got into beta and never really saw any footage while the betas were live. I'm not familiar with the system of GW, but I know the open-world PvP of TERA is a turn-off, so if GW is similar I may take a pass on it.

That leaves a lot of other games of which I am ingorant, but with which you all may be familiar. Anyone have any endorsements?