PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Basic questions about planning a mage/support

Boomfly
Nov 18, 2012, 01:07 PM
Well i had a bit of a hard choice to make about what character to main as all 3 classes seem fun at some point i came to the conclusion that I dont really wany to run around witha gun in a beat'em up/action game decided to stick with mage class and leave my meele character for leater (to have something different left for the english version)

However after I started playing my Force Newman I realised that it will be hard to make a good plan for this character.

I have few basic questions about Force/Techer classes and I will be really glad if someone can answer me.

Weapons.
I saw that there are three of them unless im missing something.

Staff is quiet practical with meele attack even if it dosent look all that well.

Card Deck looks cool but is pretty weak and even thought it is ranged attack you cant move during animation (unless you dodge) with is pretty weak in practice would be way smarter to carry a gunslash on secound slot, and spells are ranged already anyway.

Wands are locked for Techer subclass with makes it a bit of a secret for me right now.

Questions about weapons are:
Do at some point card become superior or usefull compared to staffs, even if just in simple cases/tatical scenarios

How do wands behave and what are thier differences to other Force/Techer weapons? Are they worth investments?

Next to go: Photon arts/blasts/whatever the spell type is called (^.^')

Fire seems to do a good brust dmg
Ice has a bit of nice stunning avaible
Thunders can shock (not sure if it actually stuns thought)
Light is healing
Dark has posion (and projectiles seem slow)

Right now spells seem not so different and i keep spamming fire as im in jungle right now after all.
I wonder thought: How different leater on they become? Or is it just "pick to your taste" kind of case?

And is it wise to actually go for it and master a selected tree for just fire/ice/thunder or is it better to try begin a Jack of all trades and get your adventage based on opponents weakness?

Is the light/holy/yellow thingy only support kind of magic? And is there enought of team-supporting spells avaible to make supporting a valid playstyle?

Kondibon
Nov 18, 2012, 02:43 PM
Questions about weapons are:
Do at some point card become superior or usefull compared to staffs, even if just in simple cases/tatical scenariosIf you cast a tech after throwing a card then the tech is cast from the card rather than your postion. This means you can use them to keep your distance while using point blank techs, or hit an enemy from behind without haiving to actually go around it and worry about it chasing it's tail. They aren't as useful for techs that instantly hit their target like Zonde and Rafoie though.

How do wands behave and what are thier differences to other Force/Techer weapons? Are they worth investments?Wands have lower tech power than staffs but strong striking damage. The gear you can get for them charges when usining charged techs and causes your attacks to hit twice, an s-atk hit and a t-atk hit, based on the element of the wand.

Next to go: Photon arts/blasts/whatever the spell type is called (^.^')

Fire seems to do a good brust dmg
Ice has a bit of nice stunning avaible
Thunders can shock (not sure if it actually stuns thought)
Light is healing
Dark has posion (and projectiles seem slow)

Right now spells seem not so different and i keep spamming fire as im in jungle right now after all.
I wonder thought: How different leater on they become? Or is it just "pick to your taste" kind of case?Personally I think it's better to look at techs individually rather than what element that are as some of them can be a bit confusing.

And is it wise to actually go for it and master a selected tree for just fire/ice/thunder or is it better to try begin a Jack of all trades and get your adventage based on opponents weakness?As a force the only thing I'd really say you need is PP Charge revival which is about halfway in the fire tree. It allows you to recover PP even when charging techs, which in turn allows you to cast more without having to stop and get your PP back. You can use This (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html) To plan your skill trees.

Is the light/holy/yellow thingy only support kind of magic? And is there enought of team-supporting spells avaible to make supporting a valid playstyle?Light has two support techs, Resta, the heal, and Anti, the status recovery tech. Grants is a single target multi hit tech, and gigrants is a VERY large multi hit point blank AoE tech. I don't have it but Ragrants seems to be a long range linear AoE.

It should be noted that if you consider crowd control support then all the elements have at least 1 support tech.

Fire has Shifta, an attack buff.
Ice has Deband, a defense buff.
Lighting has Zondeel, an AoE that sucks enemies into one spot and deals damage if another zonde tech is used in it, likewise there's Sazonde which is the same but a single target.
Wind has 3 techs that push pull and juggle enemies.
Dark has Megiverse, a tech that causes anyone inside it to recover hp when they deal damage.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you can get Grants and Gigrants from Marlou/Malou by bringing her on 5 and 20 missions with you respectively.

Boomfly
Nov 18, 2012, 02:48 PM
Big thanks Kondibon you're a great help to me. That solves all questions and trubles that i had~ ^.^

Kondibon
Nov 18, 2012, 02:49 PM
Big thanks Kondibon you're a great help to me. That solves all questions and trubles that i had~ ^.^

No problem, if you have any more questions feel free to ask. :3