PDA

View Full Version : Quest My all-OFFLINE 200 HUnewearl

Qannon
Nov 18, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hey everyone!

I've been wanting to reach Lv. 200 for quite some time now, and finally got dedicated enough to play so much as to finally reach it. Mostly with my brother (he has several characters, his highest and favourite one is a near 180 FOnewearl. We make an awesome team!)
Anyhow, this is my video of me FINALLY reaching Lv. 200 before PSO2 comes out in my area.

Oh, and I've put this under quest because it's filmed and happened during "Battle Training", and it's my own personal quest.

Do note most weapons and items used were actually found offline legitimately. Although we never found a Sealed J-Sword, my friend who went online back then did get his hands on it.

Any questions or comments or whatever, feel free to do so! :)

My video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgEauy8zP9Q

Sp-24
Nov 18, 2012, 06:13 PM
Shouldn't you edit your user title now?

Qannon
Nov 19, 2012, 01:17 AM
Why should I? I never went online myself. The key needed to go online was given to my friend years ago, since he never gotten a booklet with the game for whatever reason. I have no ways to connect my NGC to the internet. (e.g. a modem for the Cube and such)

T0m
Nov 19, 2012, 10:51 AM
I'm sure Sp-24 meant this: "Lv200 since: not yet. :("
Judging by your reply you must have been thinking about some other user title.

Congrats on getting to level 200.

whiteunibrow
Nov 19, 2012, 11:22 AM
Congrats! my all-offline RAmarl Natasha is only lv 151 and I already feel like it takes forever to level up. I can't imagine getting to 200. And I only have between 350 and 400 hours on my character

Qannon
Nov 19, 2012, 11:48 AM
I figured, T0m! I'm such a dumb shit at times, haha. I completely forgot about that. I'll change it in a bit.

The key to leveling up higher mostly has to do with playing with someone that's on the same dedication level as you are and has the same amount of fun in it as you do.
What always drived me to go further was wanting to reach that goal, wanting to be the highest leveled character in our offline community. And then to surpass them. At around Lv. 175-ish I started looking at my total exp. rather than my "to next level", wanting to get closer to that 83M mark. At 185 I realised I was only HALF WAY. From 190 and up every level you achieve feels like the biggest achievement ever. That's my experience with leveling up this way.

Btw, thanks y'all! :)

hbmizzle10
Nov 19, 2012, 02:23 PM
yes congrats

Link1275
Nov 19, 2012, 06:14 PM
Hey everyone!

I've been wanting to reach Lv. 200 for quite some time now, and finally got dedicated enough to play so much as to finally reach it. Mostly with my brother (he has several characters, his highest and favourite one is a near 180 FOnewearl. We make an awesome team!)
Anyhow, this is my video of me FINALLY reaching Lv. 200 before PSO2 comes out in my area.

Oh, and I've put this under quest because it's filmed and happened during "Battle Training", and it's my own personal quest.

Do note most weapons and items used were actually found offline legitimately. Although we never found a Sealed J-Sword, my friend who went online back then did get his hands on it.

Any questions or comments or whatever, feel free to do so! :)

My video: All OFFLINE Lv. 200 in Phantasy Star Online (PSO) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgEauy8zP9Q)
How you leveled up is very epic. It reminds me of how I got my first class to 40 in PSO2(back when the cap was 40 I used a CO). I wonder if I shall ever succeed in getting a level 200 in PSO myself.

Nov 29, 2012, 09:47 AM
hey, you maxed defense, not a bad mat plan

Ce'Nedra
Nov 29, 2012, 10:10 AM
Another dutch player? That's a rare sight. Hit me up on PSO2 oneday :p

Qannon
Nov 29, 2012, 03:11 PM
Another dutch player? That's a rare sight. Hit me up on PSO2 oneday :p

Haha, sure. As soon as it comes out here and I have some free time we could hit it off in PSO2! My brother and I are somewhat looking for people to play with anyway, seeing it's mostly just him and myself, sadly

BWS-1
Dec 1, 2012, 08:56 AM
Darn, congrats! I now realized I must have lazied-out most of my time online in lobbies with my 1400+ hours on my level 157 HUcast haha, shaaame on meee.

Good stuff!

Qannon
Dec 2, 2012, 04:29 PM
Darn, congrats! I now realized I must have lazied-out most of my time online in lobbies with my 1400+ hours on my level 157 HUcast haha, shaaame on meee.

Good stuff!

Wasting your time? I doubt it, haha. Probably means you were either afk or talking to people, which is something I could never have done back then and really didn't want to start now. Would be a shame to get to 195 offline, then log on and either get your data corrupted or be unable to say you've got an "all offline lvl 200", haha. Either way, I'm sure you had a lot of fun in the lobbies as well, although 1400 hours is an awful lot for a level 157 char, haha. I'm impressed! :)

Ce'Nedra
Dec 3, 2012, 08:30 AM
Haha, sure. As soon as it comes out here and I have some free time we could hit it off in PSO2! My brother and I are somewhat looking for people to play with anyway, seeing it's mostly just him and myself, sadly

Get the JP version with english patch. All you need, tons of updates and sega acctually caring for their players...things SoA won't ever have...

Honestly if you need help I can get you started, it's peanuts.

I doubt I'll move to the US/EU servers.

Qannon
Dec 4, 2012, 02:18 AM
Get the JP version with english patch. All you need, tons of updates and sega acctually caring for their players...things SoA won't ever have...

Honestly if you need help I can get you started, it's peanuts.

I doubt I'll move to the US/EU servers.

How good is this English patch? I know translations are getting a lot better the past few years, so I bet they're probably good, but exactly how good are they?
And, very important, how's the lag on a Japanese server? I've got myself a pretty darn good gaming laptop and internet subscription, and plan to play online via wired internet, so my part is all taken care off, haha.

Atm I'm moving to a different city and I prefer to wait to play this game until I'm settled and all. I'd like it if you'd help me out in this, if it pretty much doesn't feel like you're logging onto a server on the other side of the planet! ;)

Ce'Nedra
Dec 4, 2012, 04:55 AM
How good is this English patch? I know translations are getting a lot better the past few years, so I bet they're probably good, but exactly how good are they?
And, very important, how's the lag on a Japanese server? I've got myself a pretty darn good gaming laptop and internet subscription, and plan to play online via wired internet, so my part is all taken care off, haha.

Atm I'm moving to a different city and I prefer to wait to play this game until I'm settled and all. I'd like it if you'd help me out in this, if it pretty much doesn't feel like you're logging onto a server on the other side of the planet! ;)

Basiclly everything important you need to know has been translated such as quests, menu, invetory etc.

I barely notice lag unless I enter a crowded block, even in the JP prime time I barely get lag, but then again our internet connection is pretty good.

Just send me a PM when you wanna try to get into the game, I gladly help you, I just set someone else up over here and its easy as pie.

trypticon
Dec 5, 2012, 12:43 AM
I'm disappointed to read that you doubt you'll jump over to the US/EU servers if and when they become available to play on, Ce'Nedra. I don't know why though, since I doubt I'll ever have the equipment necessary to play at all. If I did, though, I would have loved the chance to game with you again. It's been too long.

Qannon
Dec 5, 2012, 02:34 AM
Basiclly everything important you need to know has been translated such as quests, menu, invetory etc.

I barely notice lag unless I enter a crowded block, even in the JP prime time I barely get lag, but then again our internet connection is pretty good.

Just send me a PM when you wanna try to get into the game, I gladly help you, I just set someone else up over here and its easy as pie.

Thanks! So, not everything is translated, which is to be expected. What have you encountered that wasn't translated? It's a good thing the important things are translated, seeing how that greatly effects gameplay.
Apparently, the Japanese servers are pretty darn good, then, which is a big plus!
I'll let you know if and when I wanna set up shop, to put it like that. Thanks in advance! :)

Zeota
Dec 5, 2012, 04:55 PM
I was a little over 1500 hours when I dinged 200 back in the day. A good chunk of it was spent AFK and what not though.

Most people I knew back then got that last chunk of exp off their favorite boss though. I still preferred Olga though. Going down that last corridor to the boss portal just had this unmatched feeling of "finality" especially if it was the last chunk of EXP you needed for that last level. Beating the boss, seeing the "you are the hero" screen and then seeing "LEVEL UP" over your character's head for the very last time just made it all the more awesome. Of course offline you'd just see "LEVEL UP" then use the transporter and the end credits would roll.

Qannon
Dec 6, 2012, 02:31 AM
I was a little over 1500 hours when I dinged 200 back in the day. A good chunk of it was spent AFK and what not though.

Most people I knew back then got that last chunk of exp off their favorite boss though. I still preferred Olga though. Going down that last corridor to the boss portal just had this unmatched feeling of "finality" especially if it was the last chunk of EXP you needed for that last level. Beating the boss, seeing the "you are the hero" screen and then seeing "LEVEL UP" over your character's head for the very last time just made it all the more awesome. Of course offline you'd just see "LEVEL UP" then use the transporter and the end credits would roll.

My brother and myself played a lot of multiplayer offline. I rarely ever played just by myself. So we'd see the "You are the Hero" screen, then teleported back to Pioneer 2. The thing is, I actually was near 200 in the last room right before Dark Falz, and I would've leveled up for sure in that fight. But I decided to make my 200 involve some sort of flashback. I really hate how after that Gulgus that made me hit 200 Kireek started talking to me, lol.

I've done the AFK thing myself. Having something to eat, or just taking a short break for whatever.
But it's a special feeling of completion the minute you hit 200, I can't deny that! It's been an awesome personal quest for me. :)

Ce'Nedra
Dec 6, 2012, 05:11 AM
Thanks! So, not everything is translated, which is to be expected. What have you encountered that wasn't translated? It's a good thing the important things are translated, seeing how that greatly effects gameplay.
Apparently, the Japanese servers are pretty darn good, then, which is a big plus!
I'll let you know if and when I wanna set up shop, to put it like that. Thanks in advance! :)

Anything clientsided get translated, server sided wont.

To name some of the important things
- Quests/missions
- Client orders
- Ability names on weapons and units
- Monster names
- Log
- Invetory
- Emergency Codes in quests/missions
- Some other minor stuff

Basicly everything you need to play the game is translated, stuff like weapon names and whatever the NPC's have to say stays in japanese.