PDA

View Full Version : Game Top 10 Japanese Arcade Games (December 2012)

Dinosaur
Nov 19, 2012, 02:28 PM
Courtesy of Arcadia Magazine

1/226.7pt: GUNDAM EXTREME VERSUS Full boost

2/214.9pt: UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH

3/208.1pt: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus #Reload

4/165.5pt: DragonBall Z ZENKAI

5/157.1pt: Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition ver. 2012

6/130.2pt: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

7/121.1pt: Persona 4 Arena

8/105.5pt: Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

9/103.1pt: Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

10/92.3pt: Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike

I'm suprised to see Persona and Street Fighter 3 on the list. All stream monster trolling aside, I've heard multiple reports that Persona was dead. However, it's still been overtaken by it's older relative with a makeover: GGXXACR, and brand new cousin: Under Night In-Birth. SF3 on the other hand is by far the oldest game in this list and it's great to see that it is still played to this day.

blace
Nov 19, 2012, 02:33 PM
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike is the remake of the game actually, but I am surprised to see some of them.

NoiseHERO
Nov 19, 2012, 02:52 PM
heh air combo fighting games...

Also... fighting games... @_@

Assuming they mean literally arcade, and not arcade style...

Otherwise they better put Ninja Baseball Batman the fuck up on that list.

Dinosaur
Nov 19, 2012, 06:08 PM
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike is the remake of the game actually, but I am surprised to see some of them.

I dunno about "remake"; more like reiteration, as Super SFIV is to SFIV. Maybe you're thinking about the console version of 3s that was recently released. The arcade version is 1999.

heh air combo fighting games...

Also... fighting games... @_@

Assuming they mean literally arcade, and not arcade style...

Otherwise they better put Ninja Baseball Batman the fuck up on that list.

Yes, literally arcade. They actually still exist in this world, what a delight.

NoiseHERO
Nov 21, 2012, 01:10 AM
This world sucks for having arcades for nearly extinct...

Stupid mankind evolving into not having to go outside ruining awesome stuff...

Mantiskilla
Nov 21, 2012, 03:10 AM
VF5 Final Showdown is fantastic. I know most people shy away from it b/c its not as user friendly as a Tekken or DOA, but I still think its the best overall 3D fighter out there; especially if you want to learn about all the technical aspects of fighting games. Good to see Dodonpachi Saidaioujou on the list. Never can go wrong with a CAVE STG game. Hopefully they release it sometime next year worldwide like CAVE stated they wanted to a couple months back.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 22, 2012, 11:30 PM
Third Strike ya'll.

There's a 12 hour event going to be streamed out to us outsiders tonight and their fantastic Co-Op Cup annual gathering is in January.

Gundam vs: Full boost

Arcades don't know about that DriftCity Korean Grind MMO...

Phantasma
Dec 29, 2012, 01:08 AM
I'm surprised no music games made it up there because Sound Voltex is too awesome not to be on the list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf63El1HTDw&feature=youtu.be

Also, Border Break Union is one of the most hype mech games I've ever seen, it's like Armored core 4 with tons of people!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnuDNAlWLU&feature=player_embedded#!
skip to like, 2:25 or something

Sp-24
Dec 29, 2012, 01:12 AM
3/208.1pt: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus #Reload

I love Japan again.

Keilyn
Jan 24, 2013, 01:16 AM
10 games that I don't care about. I'm not saying they suck or are plain horrible, but I hate the fact that when I grew up it was all about street fitghter 2 or mortal kombat, so today it's all about the same thing....same franchise. Would have been happier to see new things.

I'm currently going through the Zone of Enders remake because it was a favorite of mine back then.

And yes before you do ask I do realize I am in a forum of Japanese loving console gamers who would pay any form of money for the latest game of a series in league with Disney fans who's life long dream is to visit all the Disney parks in the world before they die.

Anyhow *hugs, cheers and flames* to all of you.

^_^