PDA

View Full Version : RA/TE Help?

LK1721
Nov 26, 2012, 12:03 AM
I've been working with the idea of a Ranger/Techer set-up, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I'm a marl and this is my current Ranger set-up at level 41 (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?IBIYIkIYIkIPI2IYIkIYIkIYIkIbIn00000 0ib00000ibweGFqF00007b0000Ib00000ib00000f). Pretty "standard" build but without Standing Snipe because I don't stand still, so instead I have traps. The sort of build I'm going for is like PSO's RAmarl, versatile with a good amount of attacking power and sturdy support in the form of techs.

I'm not all that familiar with the ways of Techers in PSO2 so I figured I would come here for help.

1. What is the effectiveness of the Shifta/Deband/Resta buffs?
2. How effective is PP Restorate and PP Convert?
3. Build suggestions? General tips?

Dextro
Nov 26, 2012, 02:56 AM
I've been working with the idea of a Ranger/Techer set-up, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I'm a marl and this is my current Ranger set-up at level 41 (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?IBIYIkIYIkIPI2IYIkIYIkIYIkIbIn00000 0ib00000ibweGFqF00007b0000Ib00000ib00000f). Pretty "standard" build but without Standing Snipe because I don't stand still, so instead I have traps. The sort of build I'm going for is like PSO's RAmarl, versatile with a good amount of attacking power and sturdy support in the form of techs.

I'm not all that familiar with the ways of Techers in PSO2 so I figured I would come here for help.

1. What is the effectiveness of the Shifta/Deband/Resta buffs?
2. How effective is PP Restorate and PP Convert?
3. Build suggestions? General tips?

At first i just thought 'lolRA/TE', but then i gave it some thought and the combination might actually be the one of the best support classes out there.
I'll try and explain in a way that answers your questions first.

1. As far as I know, Shifta & Deband aren't affected by T-Atk, only the disc level and skill tree bonuses.
The bonuses they give are pretty great, but FO and TE mains won't max these skills out because other skill tree options provide better damage/utility. But since those other skills in the TE tree don't benefit you, you can take full advantage of taking them to lv.10.

Resta IS affected by T-Atk, so while it's definitely efficient for the small stuff, it's debatable whether you should charge a resta or drink a mate after getting hit really hard.
I'm gonna throw out a guess and say you'll be healing for ~170 each tic of Resta.

2. Very effective; PP Restore pretty much doubles the base recovery rate, and PP Convert is a 30sec burst of extremely fast pp regen (not as fast as the Tech Mag's PB, but almost.)
But you have to keep in mind that you won't be recovering PP during the long animation of Ranger PAs. One really good use is if you're juggling weak bullets; the quicker PP regen will allow you to get off more PAs between each shot.

3. I'd advise this build (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?IBIYIkIYIkIPI2IYIkIYIkIYIkIbIn00000 0ib00000ibweGFqF00007b0000Ib00000fkbIxjcKI2cK0000) for your Techer tree.
- You get a really impressive bonus from the Deband skills. Deband Cut alone reduces damage by 10%, so the danger of being 1/2-shot in VH goes down quite a bit.
- Your heals won't suck as much with Resta Adv at lv.10.
- I'd go with PP Restore rather than Convert because you don't benefit from any skills leading up to Convert. Also, because it only lasts 30secs, it's not something RA can utilize as well as FO or TE - which are burst-damage classes.
- I put leftover points in Just Reversal (personal preference, i think it's great), and Shifta Critical just for a new flashy shifta animation.
- You can remove either one of the above pts and put it into Territory Burst if you want. You can try some wacky stuff ...like settings traps and activating a huge Zondeel to draw everything into it. That's just off the top of my head, i'm sure there's more.

I have no idea how traps work in this game as I've never touched one lol, so just work those in somewhere.

Good luck!

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2012, 03:23 AM
At present the S&D bonus skills are horrible. Absolutely, utterly, horrifically horrible. The bonuses are miniscule and the damage gained across everybody else's stats could be made up with a pitiful 1% extra damage to any element, probably even when subbing for the techs. S&D aren't boosted by tatk at all, so subbing for S&D is a popular choice. It's just the S&D boosty skills on the techer tree that are bad, S&D themselves are rocking.

Resta is only boosted by your base t-atk (as in, what allows you to equip a weapon - mainclass stats + subclass + skilltrees) and affixed t-atk, but base weapon stats have no bearing on it whatsoever. This means that, all affixes being equal, a ra/te will have identical heal amounts on a rifle as well as a duel gaze, despite the t-atk gains on the duel gaze.

PP Restorate is +40% at level 10. It's fairly good, when subbed for every single class. For forces it complements PP revival extremely well, and for rangers with multiple weak bullets it's probably very handy as well. It's also good for melee users, and gunners as well, of course.

LK1721
Nov 26, 2012, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the help so far guys! The PP skills are definitely worth it from what I can tell, but I'm still on the fence about whether or not to get the Shifta/Deband buffs.

Dextro
Nov 27, 2012, 01:24 AM
It really depends on whether you have any intention of playing TE as a main class (or as a sub to FO).
If you will, then don't touch the Shifta/Deband skills.
If you won't, then there's nothing else in the TE tree for a RA to pick tbh.

gigawuts
Nov 27, 2012, 01:29 AM
In truth, I think the PP Up skills may be more beneficial to you as a ra/te. On a force the PP Up skills aren't particularly good because of the SP required to access both, and the alternative skills having superior damage boosts, but as a techer sub they're quite nice options. Extra tech damage is kind of wasted, however more PP is universally useful - and no class depends on having a large PP pool quite like a ranger with extra weak bullets loaded.