PDA

View Full Version : working installation is now broken ...

starwhisper
Nov 28, 2012, 08:04 AM
Another noob who doesn't know how to run the game tread :p

I was playing perfectly with english patch, I got to stop my session because of maintenance, so I shat down my computer and went to sleep.
But today I cannot run the game anymore :'((((((

When I start the launcher , the first file check/download is insanely long, at the same time I see program icons in the pso-bin folder to change to broken version of themselves, also a "pso2updater.exe.bak" appears in the folder. When said file check is over a message error appears: "cannot open pso2uploader.exe, file not patched".
Then the launcher windows appear with an other (long) file check, when its over I clik on "play" , launcher disappears and that is all. :(

Please help, I was enjoying this game but the installation is counter-intuitive, at least for non-japanese players ....

It was hard enough to make the game run in the first place, but now with this SH*T I think I may just give up, because after reinstalling there is the ~5h update and I dont know if it will change a thing...

starwhisper
Nov 28, 2012, 09:52 AM
Anyways, I found the answer:

After each maintenance, the game removes permissions from your files. You need to set them again for all .exe, in pso2_bin folder. You also need to reapply the english patch.

Any comments or additions would be really appreciated.