PDA

View Full Version : Rockman Xover

Retehi
Nov 30, 2012, 09:42 PM
Awesome, this may be the greatest Mega Man game ever created in the history of everthing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERslvt6UOR4

Dhylec
Nov 30, 2012, 09:53 PM
Very interesting. Seems to have some aspects of recent handheld Megaman/Zero games.

yoshiblue
Nov 30, 2012, 10:20 PM
No matter what happens, she will always smile. Always...

DayDreamer
Nov 30, 2012, 10:22 PM
I dont know how I feel about it, Capcom's walking on glass.
There has been an extreme lack of Megaman in my life lately.. this needs to be fixed asap
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/capcom2012/megaman/rockmanios/announce/capcomrockman1.jpg
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl54o0EqvEM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl54o0EqvEM[/SPOILER-BOX]

CelestialBlade
Nov 30, 2012, 10:49 PM
Looks sweet, loving the MMZ feel.

Griffin
Nov 30, 2012, 11:06 PM
UHHH DON'T LET THE OP LEAD YOU ASTRAY. The game is actually very, very shitty. Even for an iOS game. This is an insult to MM fans.

Retehi
Nov 30, 2012, 11:12 PM
Looks sweet, loving the MMZ feel.

Are you sure about that? x:

blace
Nov 30, 2012, 11:23 PM
UHHH DON'T LET THE OP LEAD YOU ASTRAY. The game is actually very, very shitty. Even for an iOS game. This is an insult to MM fans.

Quoted for truth.

If it weren't for DmC coming out next month I would have severed my ties with Capcom a long time ago. Give us MegaMan!

RenzokukenZ
Nov 30, 2012, 11:32 PM
If it weren't for DmC coming out next month I would have severed my ties with Capcom a long time ago. Give us MegaMan!

The last time fans demanded Mega Man, they received the box art one that hadn't been around since 1987. And its funny mentioning DmC, since they drastically altered Dante in both appearance and personality, with the BS handwave of being an alternate dimension version.

The lesson to be learned here is, when it comes to Capcom, be careful what you wish for.

blace
Nov 30, 2012, 11:46 PM
I liked the demo enough to give it a go, otherwise I was done after MvC.

NoiseHERO
Dec 1, 2012, 12:04 AM
Wait that's official? Why's it look like a halfassed indie game?

Megaman used to set the standard for platform/shooting games...

Now all he gets is...

Fuck it.

yoshiblue
Dec 1, 2012, 01:13 AM
Maybe a different branch is attempting to take the reins.

Polly
Dec 1, 2012, 01:42 AM
Wow...this looks like a terrible Game Maker fangame with hastily slapped together ripped sprites, music, and crummy level design. Reminds me a bit of Konami's "Rebirth" games on Wii (Contra, Gradius, and Castlevania) except those at least had decent gameplay, despite looking really really cheap.

Retehi
Dec 1, 2012, 08:48 AM
The sad thing is this was released for MM's 25th anniversary. They might of as well made a pachinko machine for his birthday.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 1, 2012, 09:36 AM
God dammit, Capcom, give us a good Console or Handheld title, not this cheap IOS CRAP!

....Dammit, I'm freaking seething right now, need to cool my head....

BIG OLAF
Dec 1, 2012, 09:44 AM
I've always hated Megaman, but damn, this one is fucking hilariously terrible. This is really an official Capcom game? Jesus.

Mike
Dec 1, 2012, 10:20 AM
God dammit, Capcom, give us a good Console or Handheld title, not this cheap IOS CRAP!
They can put real money RNG crap in to iOS titles but would probably have a harder time doing it on a console. Of course, Sega runs one, soon to be two, real money RNG crappers on the Vita so I'm probably wrong.

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2012, 01:06 PM
It's not the best, but at least it's a start. Hopefully, this means they are working up a new Megaman team to release steadily better Megaman titles. Funny enough. I was hoping their IOS title would be more like MegaMan Battle Network. That way the touch screen would certainly do the most justice. Come to think of it, I wonder why they just didn't go with Battle Network. That would've been an easy transition. Still, I'll check this out.

Griffin
Dec 1, 2012, 02:31 PM
but at least it's a start.

A start was 1987 with Megaman for the NES. This game causes a space-time anomaly.

What they did with Xover was a kick in Mega's metal crotch. You don't do that for the 25th anniversary of a renowned franchise. I don't know what Capcom is smoking at HQ, but they've been treating their known IPs like dirt. It would seem they only care about new IPs these days.

darkante
Dec 1, 2012, 02:38 PM
Yeah, itīs lacking. Funny to see how people can pull up something similiar in ONE day.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/604400

Nitro Vordex
Dec 1, 2012, 02:43 PM
Let me know when they make X9. Then I'll give a shit about Megaman again.

Griffin
Dec 1, 2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah, itīs lacking. Funny to see how people can pull up something similiar in ONE day.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/604400

Thanks. They did a good job proving the point, well sort of a good job. lol

DayDreamer
Dec 1, 2012, 03:10 PM
Let me know when they make X9. Then I'll give a shit about Megaman again.

^This x20

When they made Megaman 9 and 10, I loved capcom for a long time<3
[SPOILER-BOX]
And on a sidenote, if you think DmC is trash, go play the demo. It'll surprise you.
Im liking this new Dante.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Drifting Fable
Dec 2, 2012, 05:20 PM
Christ, does anything Capcom publish have any worth anymore?

Xover is an on-rails shooter with RPG elements (I can't even call it a platformer) and DmC is Heavenly Sword 2.0.

Though My heart goes out to the artists who designed Over-1, I find his design to be rather cool. Though he'll never be seen again in a real megaman game.

-Crokar-
Dec 3, 2012, 02:59 AM
mega man in street fighter x tekken was a kick in the metal balls

Akaimizu
Dec 3, 2012, 11:24 AM
Christ, does anything Capcom publish have any worth anymore?

Xover is an on-rails shooter with RPG elements (I can't even call it a platformer) and DmC is Heavenly Sword 2.0.

Though My heart goes out to the artists who designed Over-1, I find his design to be rather cool. Though he'll never be seen again in a real megaman game.

I was thinking it was more of an RPG/Card game with on-rails platform shooter bits. While I'm no stranger to Megaman changing genres (Battle Network), I would've thought they would go with a design more like BN. Still, I wonder how early the concept was and whether it'll turn out anything like that in the final.

My impression is that (maybe, just maybe) they are starting over from scratch with the Megaman universe. New team, etc. Do they have people left at Capcom who even are familiar enough with the franchise to not have this be a do over? These questions have been asked. Still, after Megaman in Street Fighter X Tekken, this is probably the first Capcom effort that actually looks remotely like or acts remotely like Megaman. Sad but True. (Cue Metallica)

NoiseHERO
Dec 3, 2012, 11:56 AM

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that was their biggest troll to the megaman fans they've already shit'd on yet.

DayDreamer
Dec 3, 2012, 12:02 PM

I wanted to cry when I saw that.. never buying that game e - e

Enforcer MKV
Dec 3, 2012, 12:02 PM
The X skin for Zero in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 wasn't so cool either....

Griffin
Dec 3, 2012, 12:47 PM
X Skin was ok, we just needed his voice.

Megaman Legends 3 being cancelled was the most disappointing move. It looked so good and even had player made content in it.

Akaimizu
Dec 3, 2012, 02:13 PM
Glad I'm not the only one that thought that was their biggest troll to the megaman fans they've already shit'd on yet.

Even more true for me. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom had a Skin in mind, for him, that actually had the Trollface mask on it.

Outrider
Dec 3, 2012, 02:49 PM

See, I thought that was hilarious. It was the ugly Mega Man from the original game's US boxart! It's a great retro gamer reference.

The X skin for Zero felt more like it was trolling.

I never though I'd say it, but I kind of miss the time when Capcom would just put out sequel after sequel of Mega Man games on handheld platforms. I had kind of hoped that they would do something similar with digital platforms, but I guess Mega Man 10 didn't sell well enough to warrant a sequel.

Akaimizu
Dec 3, 2012, 07:52 PM
Now that I think of it. It was like the US box art.

-Crokar-
Dec 3, 2012, 08:43 PM
yeah but he wasnt soo damn fat though. though the box art was pretty bad in itself too

ZER0 DX
Dec 4, 2012, 02:51 AM
yeah but he wasnt soo damn fat though. though the box art was pretty bad in itself too

I honestly felt it was a hilarious reference to the horrible US box art for the first game, Inafune even requested and collaborated with one of the producers to specifically use bad box art Mega Man for Street Fighter x Tekken. Can't blame Capcom for that one, Mr. Megaman himself did it.

Now on the subject of this Xover... thing. I am simply appalled at what their idea of a 25th anniversary "game" for one of the most beloved IP's of all time is. It's really sad that they approve this, of all things, to commemorate the blue bomber and cancel numerous other Mega Man titles that could have proudly carried the 25th anniversary emblem. Megaman Universe and Legends 3 being notable candidates. Such a shame. Seems like Capcom is trying to kill off Mega Man and the fans in the most humiliating way possible. I absolutely have no respect for that company any more.

NoiseHERO
Dec 4, 2012, 02:56 AM
I thought it was corny as hell and instead of putting in actual megaman like fans asked for 23424 times they did that...

It being funny to a lot of non-megaman fans justified it I guess... but from the developers perspective it's clearly a "We don't take what you actually want seriously" troll move.

If megaman wasn't in the state he's currently in it'd be whatever, but that shit was throwing salt on the wounds, retro game reference or not. (and to begin with even though hilarious, that original boxart itself was an insult to the series. LOL @ pre-american otaku culture boom americanization of japanese products. >_> )

Retehi
Dec 4, 2012, 03:05 AM
that original boxart itself was an insult to the series

I wonder why we couldn't have the euro version:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ng3HP8q9fkc/Tlp9z-J0NBI/AAAAAAAABSY/YwZ0adKOREQ/s1600/boxart-mm1-eu.jpg

Polly
Dec 4, 2012, 04:55 AM
http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/misc/Mega-Man-2-European-Box.jpg
GO EUROPE!

Mike
Dec 4, 2012, 05:16 AM
Licensed by Nintendo for play on the Nintendo Entertainment System. This Game Pak cannot be used with the Mattel or NES versions of the Nintendo Entertainment System
What?

Polly
Dec 4, 2012, 05:27 AM
What?

Mattel distributed the NES originally in some European territories before Nintendo took over. The Mattel NES also had a different lockout chip, if I'm not mistaken, so a lot of times there were 2 versions of the same game with different lockouts and you'd have to buy the proper version.

Kent
Dec 6, 2012, 04:46 PM
You know, an "on-rails shooter with RPG elements" actually sounds like a really good idea. Then again, I've been playing Crimson Dragon on my Windows Phone, and it's... Literally exactly that; a 2D Panzer Dragoon with RPG elements. Of course, it's actually really good, which is... Not what I've heard about this game.

The fact that the name implies drawing an X over "Rockman" is just gravy, considering how spiteful and trollish Capcom has been about Mega Man lately.

NoiseHERO
Dec 6, 2012, 06:04 PM
Rockman Cross over?

More like Rockman *clicks X over and over to close all windows with megaman on it*

Mike
Dec 6, 2012, 06:41 PM
You know, an "on-rails shooter with RPG elements" actually sounds like a really good idea. Then again, I've been playing Crimson Dragon on my Windows Phone, and it's... Literally exactly that; a 2D Panzer Dragoon with RPG elements.
Time to give this a try.

Griffin
Dec 6, 2012, 07:01 PM
Don't do it, Mike. What's worse is that you have to pay real money if you want the best upgrades, or some other form of DLC.

Mike
Dec 6, 2012, 07:20 PM
Don't do it, Mike. What's worse is that you have to pay real money if you want the best upgrades, or some other form of DLC.
Really? Crap.

Kent
Dec 7, 2012, 05:10 PM
You're either trolling/insane or the context here is ambiguous and you're talking about Rockman Xover in response to a response to a remark about Crimson Dragon.

Which, for the record, has literally no DLC, but does allow the purchase of in-game currency with Microsoft Points, but... The rate at which you get it in-game really just makes the idea of buying it silly and unnecessary. You get a nice chunk the first time you beat a stage or mission, you get it over time as you travel while playing the game, and you get a nice big chunk every time you beat a certain boss.

There's no content behind a paywall other than the purchase of the game itself (which is $1).

Griffin
Dec 7, 2012, 10:08 PM
You're either trolling/insane or the context here is ambiguous and you're talking about Rockman Xover in response to a response to a remark about Crimson Dragon.

Which, for the record, has literally no DLC, but does allow the purchase of in-game currency with Microsoft Points, but... The rate at which you get it in-game really just makes the idea of buying it silly and unnecessary. You get a nice chunk the first time you beat a stage or mission, you get it over time as you travel while playing the game, and you get a nice big chunk every time you beat a certain boss.

There's no content behind a paywall other than the purchase of the game itself (which is $1).

The latter, but I should have paid attention so it's MY BAD.