PDA

View Full Version : Do knuckles need to be buffed?

consume
Dec 4, 2012, 09:39 PM
I'm a huge fan of knuckles but compared double sabers they are outclassed in every single situation. Anyone else think that Knuckle PA should be buffed? Flash thousand and pendulum roll are kind of garbage right now.

Lostbob117
Dec 4, 2012, 09:58 PM
No not really.

Rien
Dec 4, 2012, 10:00 PM
I don't know, I still find killing Tranmizer easier with Knuckles than Double Sabers.

Skyly HUmar
Dec 4, 2012, 10:01 PM
Theyre fiiiine, and sure double saber outdammages them, but you gotta remember that ds is an all offensive wep so, thats a given. The 10* knuckles (yeah i know lol, hard to get just saying) are pretty damn op though, they can give almost any wep a run for its money.

gigawuts
Dec 4, 2012, 10:01 PM
Remove or massively reduce hitstop. It kind of walks all over the point of the gear.

MetalDude
Dec 4, 2012, 10:04 PM
Considering Spike Slugger is the 4th strongest weapon in the game, they're good on the power side.

Agreed with gigawuts though, the hitstop is the absolute worst part of Knuckles. You can make up for their range with proper spacing, but the hitstop really hurts PAs like Pendulum Roll.

NoiseHERO
Dec 4, 2012, 11:13 PM
Still tryna hunt Spike Slugger...

My god this game's drop rates are terrible.

Angelo
Dec 4, 2012, 11:25 PM
The gimmick and upside of Knuckles is it's awesome gear.

It takes like two hits and you're good to go.

Still tryna hunt Spike Slugger...

My god this game's drop rates are terrible.

That's an understatement. For the past 2 and a half weeks I've been doing nothing but starting the first Ruins Arks Quest to kill Kuklos, and then restarting the mission over and over again to get Ruin Charm

NoiseHERO
Dec 4, 2012, 11:36 PM
The gimmick and upside of Knuckles is it's awesome gear.

It takes like two hits and you're good to go.

That's an understatement. For the past 2 and a half weeks I've been doing nothing but starting the first Ruins Arks Quest to kill Kuklos, and then restarting the mission over and over again to get Ruin Charm

So this game is no sugar, too much spice, and nothing nice when it comes to drop rates.

MetalDude
Dec 4, 2012, 11:45 PM
It seems to vary wildly with no reason or logic to it. I've found Ruins Charm, Vardha Bit, and Fossil Tricks all within the same day (don't ask me how, shit didn't make any sense) but have since gone with absolutely nothing (not even Over End drops off of Rig the few times I've seen him) for two whole weeks. Meanwihle, a FI/HU teammate manages to be the first person to find a Demonic Fork that four different FOs on our team wanted (and have been farming for in Mines MPAs for weeks). He was looking for Signo Blues (which I haven't seen a single one of, good luck on Spike Slugger, right?).

NoiseHERO
Dec 4, 2012, 11:48 PM
Been at it for a week so far...

Not surprised if it takes me months (or never, or hopefully I'll have like 10 mil by the time a cooler looking 7-9* fist with decent stats come out, OR wishful thinking SEGA stops being stubborn assholes and makes 10*s trade-able in some way and I can hope to luck out meeting someone with one.)

On Topic: Fists damage can be surprising, like sword level damage. But like giga said, that hitstop makes it feel like you're not as moving as fast as the attacks could let you. I wanna see the DPS with a decent fist (like spike slugger) But yeah wabers/sword's killing speed makes the other melee weapons feel too inferior to me. (though some people can make partizan work real good.)

Soultrigger
Dec 5, 2012, 12:03 AM
The main issue with Knuckles is that it is the only weapon that does not have an updated non-10* weapon that is tradeable, aside from Polar Hand which is a rare drop from a rare boss. The next best one is Jade Racion, which is severely outdated.

If everyone had Wolga Hands/Sacred Duster/Spike Slugger, you would see it a lot more.

MetalDude
Dec 5, 2012, 12:16 AM
Which is pretty much the same issue with Partizans. Outside of both Lambda Basileon and Lambda Rhongomyniad, which are both super expensive on Ship 02, there's nothing but garbage. Doesn't help that Digg Pillar is insanely rare (practically any 10* off a very common enemy is) and that Imperial Pick doesn't exactly have impressive records from Rig either.

Tenlade
Dec 5, 2012, 12:32 AM
knuckles is just fine, nerf Tails, that little jerk can just cheese stages by flying over everything.

I actually found one while leveling my force in ruins before i even unlocked fighter. I've been contemplating leveling a fighter up to 50 just to use it...

Seraphus
Dec 5, 2012, 12:34 AM
One problem is that no one hunts/grinds in Tundra. You would also see more people running around with Spike Sluggers if they did. Still wouldn't be super common but I've actually only seen them once. I plan to hunt for them depending on what the new knuckles will be.

MetalDude
Dec 5, 2012, 12:37 AM
I'm pretty skeptical about Yede farming for Spike Slugger. Last week, it had a lower item record than Cannon Legacy in the exploration records. That's pretty miserable. The benefit of hunting Signo Blues is the possibility of a Lv. 11+ Slide End which has a substantial power increase. It's just the issue of finding a Signo Blue that I've had...

Vylera
Dec 5, 2012, 12:47 AM
Been at it for a week so far...

Not surprised if it takes me months (or never, or hopefully I'll have like 10 mil by the time a cooler looking 7-9* fist with decent stats come out, OR wishful thinking SEGA stops being stubborn assholes and makes 10*s trade-able in some way and I can hope to luck out meeting someone with one.)

On Topic: Fists damage can be surprising, like sword level damage. But like giga said, that hitstop makes it feel like you're not as moving as fast as the attacks could let you. I wanna see the DPS with a decent fist (like spike slugger) But yeah wabers/sword's killing speed makes the other melee weapons feel too inferior to me. (though some people can make partizan work real good.)

2 words to ruin your day.

Cash. Shop.

Seraphus
Dec 5, 2012, 12:55 AM
I'm pretty skeptical about Yede farming for Spike Slugger. Last week, it had a lower item record than Cannon Legacy in the exploration records. That's pretty miserable. The benefit of hunting Signo Blues is the possibility of a Lv. 11+ Slide End which has a substantial power increase. It's just the issue of finding a Signo Blue that I've had...

Just so you know, Signo Blue's drop the Blitz Slugger twin dagger, not the Spike

NoiseHERO
Dec 5, 2012, 12:57 AM
2 words to ruin your day.

Cash. Shop.

sadly I'm at the point where I WOULD pay for that shit. since it'll pretty much be my endgame achievement for a longass time getting these fists. I'll probably take nothing else in this game seriously just like I did with PSU. Which made PSU REALLY easy to enjoy. >_>

MetalDude
Dec 5, 2012, 12:58 AM
Ah damn it, that's right. They look nearly the same and have similar names.

Welp, that means Burn Draal hunting and then dropping a 250% rare booster on it, which should mathematically have a bigger effect on a rare boss as it is.

Soultrigger
Dec 5, 2012, 12:58 AM
Which is pretty much the same issue with Partizans. Outside of both Lambda Basileon and Lambda Rhongomyniad, which are both super expensive on Ship 02, there's nothing but garbage. Doesn't help that Digg Pillar is insanely rare (practically any 10* off a very common enemy is) and that Imperial Pick doesn't exactly have impressive records from Rig either.

Oh, yea I guess the same applies to partizan as well. Didn't realize there were only 2 updated weapons, with both of them rare drops from rare bosses.

Zyrusticae
Dec 5, 2012, 01:01 AM
This is pretty much it.

Once new updated T2 rares are released they'll be in a better position.

(Though that won't do anything about the bloody hit stop...)

Drifting Fable
Dec 5, 2012, 08:06 AM
As a practitioner of Hokuto Drillken, I welcome all buffs to knuckles no matter how un-needed.

But whilist on the drop rate talk, anyone know how bad is the sacred duster drop rate? I can't tell if its low drop rate or the fact no one runs Volcano anymore. I've at the very least seen people walk around with spike sluggers. Never with the sacred duster.

Z-0
Dec 5, 2012, 08:30 AM
Knuckles do need to be buffed if you want them to be useful outside of Knuckle Dashing with Straight Charge.

It's like the only efficient use of them; everything else Double Saber pretty much trumps (although Straight Charge with Knuckles is the best way to kill Gilnas Cores escaping from the main body).

The hitstop is really what makes them terrible though.

consume
Dec 5, 2012, 11:47 AM
Looks like tranzexia drops a new 10* knuckle that has 420 base....back to tunnels I go.

Never mind, they suck :[

How freaking lucky are these guys anyway...they find the new rares like an hour after the servers are up.

gigawuts
Dec 5, 2012, 01:00 PM
Knuckles do need to be buffed if you want them to be useful outside of Knuckle Dashing with Straight Charge.

It's like the only efficient use of them; everything else Double Saber pretty much trumps (although Straight Charge with Knuckles is the best way to kill Gilnas Cores escaping from the main body).

The hitstop is really what makes them terrible though.

If you use only the PA's without hitstop they're not really that bad. Situational; but not bad. Dubs don't have a stun PA, for one. If I'm fi/te or fi/fo, I love to zondeel groups and use ground pound followed by thousand whatsit. Neither of those are slowed down by hitstop. I haven't really tested surprise knuckle, but I think it is. It seems like a slightly better pendulum roll though, so with just 3 hits that means less hitstop to deal with.

But yeah...hitstop really really ruins them. I guess the gear wasn't to make them actually faster like we all thought when we first tried using it in the campship, it was just added to offset the horrendous hitstop and make them perform like normal. Which they should've just done outright.

Gear reducing hitstop would be pretty nice.

MetalDude
Dec 5, 2012, 01:07 PM
Flash Thousand suffers from a little bit of hitstop; most Knuckle PAs do. It's just especially awful on Pendulum Roll.

Drifting Fable
Dec 5, 2012, 01:11 PM
What is hitstop again? Unnecessary pauses?

gigawuts
Dec 5, 2012, 01:17 PM
What is hitstop again? Unnecessary pauses?

When you hit an enemy the entire animation is paused. This is good on some weapons, but entirely bad on others. Different weapons have it in different amounts. Wands used to have a lot more, for instance, but it was reduced in the patch that helped boost them to more useful levels. So it's definitely possible to change hitstop, we just need to get Sega to feel it's necessary too.

Zyrusticae
Dec 5, 2012, 01:18 PM
I actually don't mind the hit stop that much seeing as how knuckle damage is freakishly high.

Or maybe I need better double sabers.

Eh.