PDA

View Full Version : So I used just reversal for the first time on my Coatl

Coatl
Dec 7, 2012, 05:19 AM
As GU/FI.
Problem is, I didn't even put a point into just reversal in either class.
:I Explain.

Mike
Dec 7, 2012, 05:37 AM
Bugs.

BIG OLAF
Dec 7, 2012, 07:24 AM
Speaking of bugs, I noticed that teammates' color icons on the mini map still disappear whilst in a mission.

Sp-24
Dec 7, 2012, 08:10 AM
They didn't touch graphical glitches at all, it seems. Somebody must have screwed up big time with this update. But oh well, at least the game is playable again.

Z-0
Dec 7, 2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah, the Just Reversal thing is a bug and existed before this update. A friend of mine switched to GU/RA (neither of which had JR), but could still do it.

...I wouldn't complain!

Coatl
Dec 7, 2012, 03:40 PM
Speaking of bugs, I noticed that teammates' color icons on the mini map still disappear whilst in a mission.

That is the most annoying bug ever. x-x
If this JR thing is a bug, I'll make sure to take full advantage of it.

gigawuts
Dec 7, 2012, 04:07 PM
Hopefully it's a feature, and we'll be refunded that SP when they remove the skill.

Or they turn the skill into giving invincibility frames when JRing.

Right guys? They would do that, right?

Rien
Dec 7, 2012, 10:40 PM
Hopefully it's a feature, and we'll be refunded that SP when they remove the skill.

Only if the Japanese pick up on it.

Syklo
Dec 8, 2012, 07:41 PM

Didn't JR ALWAYS GIVE INVINCIBILITY FRAMES?
Saved my ass against QD many times.

IndigoNovember
Dec 9, 2012, 01:17 AM
Pretty sure it does, I've managed to Just Reversal through Banther's 2nd pounce a few times.

gigawuts
Dec 9, 2012, 01:44 AM
No, JR does not give any invincibility frames at all. This is why you can be triple stomped to death by banthers regardless of whether or not you JR, or how you time the JR.

You'd think it would, right? But no.

Rien
Dec 9, 2012, 02:07 AM
No, JR does not give any invincibility frames at all. This is why you can be triple stomped to death by banthers regardless of whether or not you JR, or how you time the JR.

And this is why it's a good idea to stay down, lol.

gigawuts
Dec 9, 2012, 02:14 AM
Yeah, half the time staying down will be better for avoiding damage against bosses. Against MPA mobs you normally want to get up, but with bosses some attacks will miss you when you're down and some will hit you no matter what. Others can only be avoided if you get up straight away and dash just before they come back around, but usually if it can hit you when you're down JRing will do absolutely nothing to let you avoid it. No time to dash, you take the hit while spinning.

I wish they'd either give JR invincibility frames from the get go, or add Reversal Advance or something (a 1 SP skill, obviously, because 10 SP for that would be lol).

Syklo
Dec 9, 2012, 02:19 AM

It's funny you say that because I evade banther's triple pounce using JR (and dash immediately afterwards, obviously)....

JR also helped me evade attacks such as Quartz dragon crash, Caterdra'n(sa)'s spin-stun attack, etc.

On the subject of i-frames, I find it silly that not doing JR and performing the usual "Get-up" animation makes you invincible for the duration of it.

Acel
Dec 11, 2012, 02:52 AM
It's funny you say that because I evade banther's triple pounce using JR (and dash immediately afterwards, obviously)....

JR also helped me evade attacks such as Quartz dragon crash, Caterdra'n(sa)'s spin-stun attack, etc.

On the subject of i-frames, I find it silly that not doing JR and performing the usual "Get-up" animation makes you invincible for the duration of it.

Hi Syklo, you seem to be the only guy I think who knows what he is talking about in the forum these days. (brave stance/wise stance etc) :P

Syklo
Dec 11, 2012, 03:53 AM
Hi Syklo, you seem to be the only guy I think who knows what he is talking about in the forum these days. (brave stance/wise stance etc) :P
-reads first half of sentence-
-sarcasm detector pinging-
-finishes reading-
-not sure-

And for the record, not always. I just like utilising mechanics after exploiting understanding them.

Cyclon
Dec 11, 2012, 10:18 AM

I can confirm this. I've been able to do so as well since the subclass update.

Incidentally, both my class and my subclass have just reversal mastered. Maybe this is why, maybe not.

IndigoNovember
Dec 11, 2012, 01:31 PM

But, but, I've been able to D= . I've late Just Reversaled and gone through the 2nd pounce without even having to step away.

gigawuts
Dec 11, 2012, 05:49 PM
But, but, I've been able to D= . I've late Just Reversaled and gone through the 2nd pounce without even having to step away.

Seriously? This thread is the first I've ever heard of JR having any invincibility frames at all. I've never avoided a hit that should hit me on the ground while JRing, ever. I should look into this.

Bellion
Dec 11, 2012, 06:05 PM
Seriously? This thread is the first I've ever heard of JR having any invincibility frames at all. I've never avoided a hit that should hit me on the ground while JRing, ever. I should look into this.

Maybe they've changed it. If I don't use a Just Reversal, the Banther(thank good ness Banshees can't do it) types are able to hit me while I'm on the ground with that multiple pouncing strike. I always avoid it when I do use Just Reversal.

Syklo
Dec 11, 2012, 06:45 PM
I've always had invincibility frames using JR since i started playing.
That was back in late september/early october.

IndigoNovember
Dec 12, 2012, 01:25 PM

I'd say there are very little, or it's very oddly timed (feels like it's very very biased towards the beginning of the flip?) or maybe even placed (invincible underneath a certain height, so attacks like Quartz Dragon's diagonal downward dive will miss, but since Banther comes straight down he'll hit you from above?) . I definitely know I have Just Reversaled through Banther's second pounce 2 - 3 times, and I definitely know I have NOT Just Reversaled through Banther's second pounce 100 - 200 times. So yeah, haven't done enough testing, but there should be invincibility frames somewhere.

Syklo
Dec 12, 2012, 06:36 PM
JR'ing to avoid attacks when knocked down is a bit easier this time round as you do SLIDE now instead of simply landing splat on the ground.
In other words, JR causes you to flip back about 2-4x the distance as before.

Coatl
Dec 14, 2012, 10:06 AM
By the way, the bug STILL hasn't been fixed.
I am enjoying this bug to the fullest extent.