PDA

View Full Version : Life after Dreamcast?

Spy
Mar 6, 2001, 05:28 AM
Three consoles: GameCube, PS2, Xbox...

PS2 is not an option for me, and I feel all nitty and gritty just mentioning it. The gamecube has much more realistic specs than the xbox, with some established franchises coming onto it. The Xbox, made by "ease of use>performance" microsoft scares me a bit because there has been no footage of it in action, and look at all their products, buggy and requiring dozens of updates and patches, and it basically looks like it will be a dumbed down PC.

While Nintendo does look much more tempting than Microsoft, there is one thing that I will go to the evil M for, and that's on-line gaming, Nintendo has stated that it will not be a priority for them, and that will kill any hopes of me picking up a gamecube.

What systems will you get? Will you get more than one? What will influence your decisions?

Android12
Mar 6, 2001, 07:55 AM
I mourn the day I couldnt get PS2 on release. I even preordered one but took it off cause I had more urgent things to do with my money. So now I await the time and place I may beable to purchase a PS2.

Ambrai
Mar 6, 2001, 11:44 AM
My vote is Xbox for alot of reasons.

1 - Over 120 quality software developers INCLUDING Working Designs and Square Soft.

2 - Ease of design. It will take developers 1/4th the time to create the same game that would take 2 years on PS2. PS2's coding system is just horrid.

3 - Backing dollars. Lets face it, microshit has enough money to bury Nintendo and its the first major US console since Atari (/mourn).

Ratsmack
Mar 6, 2001, 12:25 PM
I hate Microsoft. I mean, I HATE them. If Bill Gates was here right now, I'd throttle the geek's scrawny little neck. But it's true, Microsoft has da money, so Microsoft has da shiznit. I have both PS2 and Dreamcast now, so I'm planning to buy X-box (yes, I am a spoiled little kid) but not Gamecube. Don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo, but they've let me down too many times with N64, I just don't trust them anymore.

Manny
Mar 6, 2001, 12:51 PM
Im gonna try and get Xbox and Gamecube but only if they have good games(PS2 has gotten any worth getting now)

Ratsmack
Mar 6, 2001, 02:57 PM
Poor Summoner...no one want to buy it. It IS a good game, kind of strange and very PC rpg-ish, but it's a good game nonetheless. People should try it...

Phantasmal
Mar 6, 2001, 09:29 PM
Ratsmack.. actually, I did buy summoner and it was kind of a let down for me (The D&D outtake made up for the purchase though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif )... It's sad that it's PS2's best RPG.

As far as the future of my gaming goes, Neither system has showed me a title that might catch my eye (except for that Zelda movie on ign for the gamecube...). It might be time to fire up the ole' PC and get back into computer games..

Ukyou
Mar 10, 2001, 05:38 PM
Both the X-Box and the Gamecube appeal to me, but I just need more time (more details about the systems, games, plans...etc) to pick. PS2? Just don't want one...I suppose if a bunch of REALLY good games come out for it, like ones Sega might make for it ^_^ and a price drop, I'd pick one up.

Nar927
Mar 11, 2001, 07:15 PM
Honestly, I bought the Dreamcast to tide me over till the other systems came out. But then something hit me.. the Dreamcast is one of the best systems out there in terms of games. But then Sega announced that it's going to support the system for 18 more months, which broke my heart. I'm not going to buy another system for a long time since there are still plenty of games I want to buy.

If I were to buy another system though, it would probably be Gamecube. The PS2 is just too faulty for me (what were they thinking? Only 2 controller ports, no anti-aliasing, and a hard system to work for?). The X-Box doesn't have too much support from Japan (well, right now anyway). I'm still waiting on Gamecube (Nintendo breaks too many promises).

I'm not trying to bash any systems. I love my Playstation and Super Nintendo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif I'm just upset that people waited for PS2 instead of getting one of the best systems out there.. the Dreamcast.

Now to start crying..

LOL

Nar927
Mar 11, 2001, 09:44 PM
Whoops, I forgot. I'm definately going to get a Game Boy Advance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif