PDA

View Full Version : XBox: easy level up (lvl200 after finishing forest), 80% rar

faceless
Mar 30, 2003, 07:11 PM
xbox pso busted wide open...

easy level up (lvl200 after finishing forest)
80% chance of rare item drops
all armor 4 slot
all weapons 80-100% attributes
enemy item drops drop the weapon, not the part

all these hacks were released over the weekend, (no, i won't say where, PM's will be deleted and/or replied to with swearing)

someone just went ahead and hacked the tables that control these types of things, so the hacks will most likely work on the US/PAL PSO, and probably on gamecube in the event someone ever figures out how to play bootlegs... someone even commented that the hacked files are the exact same on DC v2...

Phelan
Mar 30, 2003, 07:18 PM
Yeah I have heard about this stuff, but I didn't want to say anything because I didn't have concrete proof of it. Oh well, this will be just like diablo 1, if ya wanna play legit find some legit friends.

Another thing PSOX guys, FEEDBACK!
That is our weapon to fight the cheaters with. It is really easy to give feedback, and MS actually acts on it once there is enough. So if you see someone cheating, give feedback and get all your friends to do it aswell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phelan on 2003-03-30 16:25 ]</font>

JiNn
Mar 30, 2003, 10:24 PM
i think im going to be sick...i thought that PSOX would be the one safe haven from hackers i really do hope MS will do something to fix this problem....

Balthor
Mar 30, 2003, 11:14 PM
I seriously am laughing like a little girl at the moment.

Nothing against Xbox, but that goes to show the fanboys, NOTHINGS cheat free, WAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

::Continues to giggle::

The_VicTim_Of_ParaNoiD
Mar 30, 2003, 11:52 PM
Asking for, and wanting to know where you can get cheat codes are the same thing.

DON'T DO IT AGAIN

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOSaladWood on 2003-03-30 22:33 ]</font>

MonoxideChild
Mar 31, 2003, 02:20 AM
This is no suprise to me.

As long as PSO has an offline option, there will always be cheats for it.

saffaya
Mar 31, 2003, 04:43 AM
A little precision :
You need a modchip to use these.

Phelan
Mar 31, 2003, 05:58 PM
PSOX could have easily been cheat free if they had server side character storage, kinda makes me sick that no one appears to have learned this lesson.

BonusKun
Mar 31, 2003, 06:06 PM
On 2003-03-30 19:24, JiNn wrote:
i think im going to be sick...i thought that PSOX would be the one safe haven from hackers i really do hope MS will do something to fix this problem....

And you belived this why?

Phelan
Mar 31, 2003, 06:10 PM
He believed this because MS has said time and again, that they are dedicated to bringing live users a wonderful, cheat-free online gaming experience.

x2
Mar 31, 2003, 09:34 PM
all mmorpg will have people who try to get around the hard way.Known fact, i for one am not worried about this because i already have settled into a nice guild where everyone claims to be legit and i really do belive them.

The way to stop duped items is to trade only with your fellow guild members.A giant circle.Hey it might be boring at time because you don't have the super awsome weapon or item but you can say that you are 100% legit.

Phelan
Mar 31, 2003, 09:43 PM
What guild are you in x2? I am a memeber of USol and xbox live clan, however I doubt many of us will be playing PSOX, so if you'll have me and my fellas would probably enjoy meeting up online. I can promise all USol members play legit. It would be great if we could get an alliance of PSOX clans that uphold the principles of legit gaming.

rockfurious
Mar 31, 2003, 10:10 PM
you already know the place phelan!

http://sv8.enjmultimedia.com

we've just been quiet because the game hasn't been released yet. it is also the home of ST@R Force who are welcome to any affiliations!!

Rock

x2
Mar 31, 2003, 10:25 PM
Rock! nice to see you on these forums!

anywho phelan i've heard good things about you on these boards so of course you may join up with us on psox!

if you want to post the guild forums heres the link

http://sv8.enjmultimedia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=index&c=26&sid=a22c527532fd31f90419798e00e9ff6f

the sv8 guild is already our buds. ST@R FORCE is what im in. Our leader is also very friendly. so if you want to join or be one of our freinds post on the boards:)

Phelan
Mar 31, 2003, 10:27 PM
Due to my affiliation with USol I cannot join another clan, but I see no reason why I can't (if you all would have me) tag alone with you, atleast at first because I doubt more than 2 or 3 USol fellas will be buying PSOX right away.

x2
Mar 31, 2003, 10:33 PM
well here is my fix, our to leaders are out of state and don't live in Canada.They both live somewhere in EU.They also stated that on the EU pso website that they will be able to travel to both US and JP ships.. go figure..we get shafted every time.

i really am queezy on the feeling and i hope i can see them online.

BonusKun
Apr 1, 2003, 12:40 AM
On 2003-03-31 15:10, Phelan wrote:
He believed this because MS has said time and again, that they are dedicated to bringing live users a wonderful, cheat-free online gaming experience.

Man,
I don't think I've ever been that Gullible.

Captain_Dude
Apr 1, 2003, 12:51 AM
Guh... I only hope that this wont discourage too many people from playing PSOX... I'm still gonna play it, I won't mind... But I'll be really upset if there're only like 2 other people online, both who cheat...

Well, MS may be working on something to combat the cheats...

Phelan
Apr 1, 2003, 05:15 PM
Those people who cheat like that will just play for the first 2 free months, after that, why would anyone be paying 8.95 a month to cheat at a game?

Raist
Apr 1, 2003, 07:39 PM
On 2003-04-01 14:15, Phelan wrote:
Those people who cheat like that will just play for the first 2 free months, after that, why would anyone be paying 8.95 a month to cheat at a game?

Did you play version 2 on the DC? They obviously dont mind paying to cheat.

Phelan
Apr 1, 2003, 07:57 PM
No I did not, but I also heard that on DC there was a hack to PK people? If this is true then I could see them as having fun terrorising legit players. I dunno, anyone who pays money to beat a game in 1 is a fool in my mind.

ALPHAM0F0
Apr 1, 2003, 08:19 PM
yea im gonna have to agree with phelan there, first off he forgot one major piece of info, the fact that you need a modded box to cheat on pso. now i ask you this, what 11-15 year old kid has not only a modded xbox, but knowledge of assembly also? Hmmm?
Well there you go people, the major arguement against psoX hackers

faceless
Apr 2, 2003, 12:05 AM
On 2003-04-01 17:19, ALPHAM0F0 wrote:
yea im gonna have to agree with phelan there, first off he forgot one major piece of info, the fact that you need a modded box to cheat on pso. now i ask you this, what 11-15 year old kid has not only a modded xbox, but knowledge of assembly also? Hmmm?
Well there you go people, the major arguement against psoX hackers

you don't need to know anything special to use these hacks though... if you are capable of setting up a modded xbox, applying these hacks are a piece of cake... this is about 100x easier than the DOAXBV nude hacks and look at all the people who used those...

Sheik1
Apr 2, 2003, 02:35 AM
If you have to have a MODDED XBox then there should not be much of a problem.

I heard that MS was BANNING people from XBox LIVE! if they modded their box. There is some way to tell if you box is modded when you go online.

This will make it more difficult, but not impossible to use the modded XBox offline then go online with the hacked character.

Hopefully they BIND users to their own XBoxes or carefully watch the character transfers.

It would also be nice if the game just PLAIN OLD DID NOT WORK on a modded XBox. It simply said to send in your XBox for service because it was modded. That I would like to see!

There are ONLY two reasons for a MODDED XBox. One would be to use copied or hacked games...just go buy them cheapo! Two, you are developing something on the XBox without their developer kit...nearly everyone should say no to this one.

Now likely is it that someone buys a XBox to write software on...or load Linux on...lol...go buy a computer!

Captain_Dude
Apr 2, 2003, 02:59 AM
I hope that MS can fix the PSOX cheating problems with a simple patch. I'm sure there's something that can be done...

*sigh* Well, we'll just have to wait and seen. It's still going to loads of fun finally getting to play PSO with other people, weather they cheat or not...

saffaya
Apr 2, 2003, 03:45 AM
I heard that MS was BANNING people from XBox LIVE! if they modded their box. There is some way to tell if you box is modded when you go online.

no. there is a way to tell if the mod is active at the time of joining online, not to determine if there is a modchip or not.

It would also be nice if the game just PLAIN OLD DID NOT WORK on a modded XBox.

Just flash the modchip with a newer version then.

There are ONLY two reasons for a MODDED XBox. One would be to use copied or hacked games...just go buy them cheapo!

1/in EU, renting games is illegal. So no way to try the game before you buy. Great, uh ?
2/Import games. I am now playing PSO for example. I was playing Panzer Dragoon right when it was out. Not even counting the jp games that will never make it to the Us or Eu.
3/Xbox games sold in EU don't have progressive display. (it disappeared over 8 month ago)

Two, you are developing something on the XBox without their developer kit...nearly everyone should say no to this one.

So, in order to program a piece of hardware I LEGALLY own, I have to cash out and register as an official, PROFESSIONNAL game developper ?
And then, I have to send it to M$ so it is signed by them in order to run on retail xbox ? You think they will accept to do that for me ?

Now likely is it that someone buys a XBox to write software on...or load Linux on...lol...go buy a computer!

You obviously have no idea of what you are talking about. Let me enumerate some of the uses a modded Xbox gives compared to a bland one.Especially coupled with a PC.

1/Emulators
You can play dozens of emulated systems and their games on your Xbox (Arcade, Neo-Geo, SuperFamicom, etc..)
The edge over the same emulators running on the PC is that the Xbox can be in your TV room (bigger screen, convenience for the seats), and you use the Xbox's pads to play with friends.
Try to play a 4 player bomberman with pads on your PC.

2/Media player
You can play any media file, that is MP3, MPEG, DivX and it will take advantage of your TV and sound set-up (dolby digital)

3/Progressive DVD player
The retail DVD player program DOESN'T output progressive. The custom one running with mod does.

4/Streaming with PC.
You don't have to store your DivX Movies or MP3 on the Xbox's Hard drive. Your PC can stream them in real time to your Xbox on its demand via the ethernet port. if a cable between the 2 is not practical, you can use wireless LAN.
So, if you have an 80Gig HD on the PC filled with movies, you can select and watch them at your will on ther Xbox (which is connected to your TV/5.1 setup).

5/Game Enhancement.
You can add features yourself to the games.
My friend coded the snapshot option in DOAX.
(please make the difference between us and the losers lusting after the nude hack, we have no interest in that)

6/Linux
Linux was already running on the DreamCast.
Its uses have been enhanced tenfold with the bigger RAM and HD of the Xbox.

Sheik1
Apr 2, 2003, 04:03 AM
Hold on here...I do have quite an idea of what I am talking about here:

There are only a few reasons to MOD your XBox:
1. Bypass security to allow play of games written with a DVD-R drive...don't know if even possible yet.

2. Bypass security to allow development of your own software. I am referring to GAME DEVELOPMENT, not software already loaded on it. I am referring to developing actual code which has to be based on the XBox's programming language, which there is limited information available to the general public. It is proprietary. Only licenced vendors have the expertise to effectivly program this console.

3. The XBox does not run off Linux in the first place. It runs off a stripped down Windows NT kernel similar to the one in the Windows 2000 operating system. See link below:

http://www.xbreporter.com/xbox_system_specifications.php

4. The DreamCast ran off an optimized version of the Windows CE operating system. See link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/1998/May98/Segagmpr.asp

5. If you are that interested in emulating a game system then just go and try to find it. A XBox can not effectivly emulate ALL parts of other consoles. Some games produced for the SNES took advantage of a SuperFX chip that was located in the game cart. This component will not emulate well at all.

6. I am not trying to FLAME anyone here so PLEASE do not list me as you quoted:

"You obviously have no idea of what you are talking about."

I take this as a FLAME and I did NOTHING of the sort to you, to PLEASE refrain from doing SUCH to me!

Sheik1
Apr 2, 2003, 04:31 AM
I am not trying to post anything bad here, but it would be WISE not to MOD your XBox as you DO void your warrenty and MAY become uneligable for Live! service.

If you wish to MOD your XBox then do so at your own risk.

If you have the skills and KNOW what you are doing then I am not objecting. After all, the XBox is a cheap alternative to a PC, isn't it? It is essentually a modified computer with all parts integrated, including the operating system.

However, after that being said I would not attempt the MOD. It MAY have some everlasting side effects.

saffaya
Apr 2, 2003, 07:16 AM
On 2003-04-02 01:03, alland wrote:
Hold on here...I do have quite an idea of what I am talking about here:

er .. sorry, but no. You THINK you know, but do not realize the scope of your cluelessness.

There are only a few reasons to MOD your XBox:
1. Bypass security to allow play of games written with a DVD-R drive...don't know if even possible yet.

"don't know if even possible yet" ??
And you pretend you know what you are talking about ?
It has been possible from mod day one. You run them from CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, HD.

2. Bypass security to allow development of your own software. I am referring to GAME DEVELOPMENT, not software already loaded on it. I am referring to developing actual code which has to be based on the XBox's programming language, which there is limited information available to the general public. It is proprietary. Only licenced vendors have the expertise to effectivly program this console.

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, right, buddy.
Let you know that these are called Windows NT kernel and Direct3D, and that amazon has more books on these that you can point a stick at. These are no arcane knowledge.

3. The XBox does not run off Linux in the first place. It runs off a stripped down Windows NT kernel similar to the one in the Windows 2000 operating system. See link below:

Do you really think you're teaching me anything I didn't know before ?

4. The DreamCast ran off an optimized version of the Windows CE operating system.

You never owned a DreamCast, did you ?
If so, you would have known that only 1/20th of the games on it really used that buggy OS.
And what does it have to do with Linux running on it ?

5. If you are that interested in emulating a game system then just go and try to find it.

This has to be one of the most stupid and ignorant sentence I have ever read.
It typically shows your lack of experience in the field.

A XBox can not effectivly emulate ALL parts of other consoles. Some games produced for the SNES took advantage of a SuperFX chip that was located in the game cart. This component will not emulate well at all.

more baseless assumptions ...

6. I am not trying to FLAME anyone here so PLEASE do not list me as you quoted:
"You obviously have no idea of what you are talking about."
I take this as a FLAME and I did NOTHING of the sort to you, to PLEASE refrain from doing SUCH to me!

If you really are sincere in writing this, then I'm sorry for you to take it like that. But how can I phrase differently the obvious ?
This present post of yours just confirms it.
I have been playing games since 1978, and am a software developper. Some things you say I just cant let them unanswered.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: saffaya on 2003-04-02 04:42 ]</font>

saffaya
Apr 2, 2003, 07:23 AM
On 2003-04-02 01:31, alland wrote:
I am not trying to post anything bad here, but it would be WISE not to MOD your XBox as you DO void your warrenty and MAY become uneligable for Live! service.

If you wish to MOD your XBox then do so at your own risk.

Being able to play PSO on Xbox seemed an objective worthy of the risks involved.
True Fantasy Online later this year too.

hououtate
Apr 2, 2003, 03:33 PM
People though it would be a safe haven? Hacking on the meXbox is not hard becuase of the hard drive. plus its a microsoft product.

Xion810
Apr 2, 2003, 08:50 PM
When there's a will there's a way.

If you ask me the only semi-secure console is the Gamecube. They have not cracked the games yet.

Although this is M$. How many times has there been "Safety Breaches" in Windows 3.x? I'd guess about 500 of them...This is not exactly good since this spans 6 versions... 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, NT, and XP. Sorry, but PSOX will just blow by like dust.

NO HOPE FOR XBOX PLZ THNX.

Phelan
Apr 2, 2003, 08:55 PM
Why do you think cheats will ruin the game. No one forces you to play with cheaters. PSOX is the same game as the GC PSO. People will play and like it no matter what. Stop hating and just let people play PSOX. Seriously, it is the same game, why do people bag on it?

saffaya
Apr 3, 2003, 03:52 AM
On 2003-04-02 12:33, hououtate wrote:
People though it would be a safe haven?

It is for online games. No one has cracked the Live servers. Every player connecting to the live servers is using the exact same unaltered game program as anyone else.
Had PSO Xbox only allowed online play, with server side saving, it would be free of any cheating.

Hacking on the meXbox is not hard becuase of the hard drive.

what does it take to input codes on GC ? an action replay. pop it in, and there you go.
What does it take to input codes on Xbox ?
a modchip and a PC.
The Xbox wins.

plus its a microsoft product.

It's an nvidia console.

saffaya
Apr 3, 2003, 03:55 AM
On 2003-04-02 17:55, Phelan wrote:
Stop hating and just let people play PSOX. Seriously, it is the same game, why do people bag on it?

Because bashing the Xbox is soooooooo Trendy for GC owners.

Wewt
Apr 3, 2003, 07:41 AM
XBLOX SUX LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!1111111111

BonusKun
Apr 3, 2003, 07:56 AM
On 2003-04-03 00:55, saffaya wrote:

On 2003-04-02 17:55, Phelan wrote:
Stop hating and just let people play PSOX. Seriously, it is the same game, why do people bag on it?

Because bashing the Xbox is soooooooo Trendy for GC owners.

And the same could be said for Xbox fanboys bashing on the gamecube....Oooooo Snap!

Phelan
Apr 3, 2003, 08:05 AM
Have you seen a single xbox "fanboy" bashing GC on this site? I sure haven't. I like the cube god dammit! I like all the systems, video games are just that, don't take them so seriously. No console "sux", atleast in my mind. Some I like better, but really they are all good and bad in different areas.

Wewt
Apr 3, 2003, 08:08 AM
On 2003-04-03 05:05, Phelan wrote:
Have you seen a single xbox "fanboy" bashing GC on this site? I sure haven't. I like the cube god dammit! I like all the systems, video games are just that, don't take them so seriously. No console "sux", atleast in my mind. Some I like better, but really they are all good and bad in different areas.

You've only recently registered as a poster here, so unless you've been lurking around for a long time, you probably missed the little fanboy arguments.

Phelan
Apr 3, 2003, 08:20 AM
I lurked for a bit, but I probaby just never went into the threads with the fanboy crap in them.

Cl0ud
Apr 3, 2003, 04:40 PM
i always knew xbox would be cheated on. one word kept flashing in my mind "microsoft"

LouisGB
Apr 5, 2003, 04:58 AM
OH MY GOD! you fuckwitts are so ignorant. MOD CHIPS dont contain cheat devices, they just allow you to modify code. that means that 1 in 1000 people on psox (people with a modchip and the brains to know how to edit a save) could get items and a character. These people wont even be able to go online unless they turn there chip off. also xbox live searches for modified code so a cheap device would not work in any way. the xbox has a massive hard disk so MS can release patches while the game cube can't. xbox can release massive quests too.

and all this microsoft bashing "theres only one word that comes into mind microsoft". i bet all of you are using windows and for your infomation windows is 100000000x better then mac os and is 100000000x user friendly then linux. Microsoft also closely monitor xbox live when i doubt nintendo give a shit.

LouisGB
Apr 5, 2003, 05:01 AM
u gamecube owners are just jelous cos we will have big quests/patches, a secure server and voice communication

Wewt
Apr 5, 2003, 06:37 AM
You're funny.

On 2003-04-05 01:58, LouisGB wrote:
OH MY GOD! you fuckwitts are so ignorant. MOD CHIPS dont contain cheat devices, they just allow you to modify code. that means that 1 in 1000 people on psox (people with a modchip and the brains to know how to edit a save) could get items and a character.
I don't know who said that modchips contained cheat devices, but I for one know they don't. However, like you said, they could modify certain parts of game data, heck, it can modify the damn BIOS. Modifying data is bad, you can't do that on the GC, so the Xbox already has a bigger downside to it. You are wrong about the 1 in 1000 people knowing how edit game data, because it takes 1 to find out how to do it, 1 person to tell another, then many more will know how to do it. There's a certain cheat code site we all know of that has proven this.

On 2003-04-05 01:58, LouisGB wrote:
These people wont even be able to go online unless they turn there chip off. also xbox live searches for modified code so a cheap device would not work in any way. the xbox has a massive hard disk so MS can release patches while the game cube can't. xbox can release massive quests too.
So people can't go online with their modchips activated, what's your point? You can still make items and do whatever else to your characters OFFLINE. This is where MS cannot see what you are doing.

Keep up with the news about the game as much as possible before making big posts about it, because Sonic Team are treating Xbox PSO and GC PSO EXACTLY the same. They said this themselves. Microsoft will be applying all patches, while Sonic Team are the ones MAKING them. Good old Sonic Team for the Xbox, but wait, it's the same crap Sonic Team for the GC!

On 2003-04-05 02:01, LouisGB wrote:
u gamecube owners are just jelous cos we will have big quests/patches, a secure server and voice communication

You don't have big quests and patches. GameCube servers are secure, nobody has hacked their way into it yet, duplicating items doesn't count, because you're only doing that client-side. As for how secure the Xbox live servers are, I really don't know. You do have voice communication.

Edit: Hangover... ^typo land^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WWWWWWWWWWWW on 2003-04-05 03:37 ]</font>

Phelan
Apr 5, 2003, 08:43 AM
All I can say is PSOX better get treated with more support from ST otherwise I'll be done playing online after 2 months. If they are getting 9 bucks a month from us, they should be patching bugs and releasing more content. Hell lots of games do that already, and they don't require the monthly fee. I am really looking forward to the game, however even if I enjoy the game, I am not gonna pay ST to sit around and do nothing all day.

Wewt
Apr 5, 2003, 09:24 AM
On 2003-04-05 05:43, Phelan wrote:
All I can say is PSOX better get treated with more support from ST otherwise I'll be done playing online after 2 months. If they are getting 9 bucks a month from us, they should be patching bugs and releasing more content. Hell lots of games do that already, and they don't require the monthly fee. I am really looking forward to the game, however even if I enjoy the game, I am not gonna pay ST to sit around and do nothing all day.

Sonic Team are going to be treating their Xbox users with the same treatment as their GameCube users. Think about this before you potentially waste money on the game.

Phelan
Apr 5, 2003, 09:35 AM
I will still buy and play the game, just not online unless the support is good.

LouisGB
Apr 5, 2003, 04:27 PM
all this "hacking servers" doesnt even make sence, GC is more likely to have modified code in it cos its got no code checks while xbox can only have hacked items and even if someone tells somone else how to do it, its not gonna be as easy as it was with the dc cos people are gonna have to transfer the save to pc, work out which hexdecimal value means which in the save then transfer the save back to the console.

sonic team are treating the consoles the same but i bet you £1000000000 that microsoft will look after their servers better then nintendo will look after theirs. also xbox has the capacity to get small updates like capcom vs snk eo did while gc has no capacity to do so.

also sonicteam/sega will be more inclined to give xbox things as xbox/microsoft do much more buisness then GC ever will.

im not a GC basher, im just telling u people. i know im gonna end up owning a gc at some point and im always fiddleing with my GBA.

LouisGB
Apr 5, 2003, 04:29 PM
oh and do you know of any one banned from the GC servers? loads of people have been banned from live for various stuff.

Wewt
Apr 5, 2003, 07:37 PM
On 2003-04-05 13:27, LouisGB wrote:
all this "hacking servers" doesnt even make sence, GC is more likely to have modified code in it cos its got no code checks while xbox can only have hacked items and even if someone tells somone else how to do it, its not gonna be as easy as it was with the dc cos people are gonna have to transfer the save to pc, work out which hexdecimal value means which in the save then transfer the save back to the console.
You're way too ignorant.

Do you really think people will give a shit about how long it would take to cheat? The answer is no. Look at the first duping method on the GC for the US version, there were chances of memory card corruption, etc, and people still mass-duped.

sonic team are treating the consoles the same but i bet you ?1000000000 that microsoft will look after their servers better then nintendo will look after theirs.
Well you have got another thing right, yet again! Microsoft WILL look after their servers better than Nintendo will. Why? because Nintendo don't even have any servers to look after!

also xbox has the capacity to get small updates like capcom vs snk eo did while gc has no capacity to do so.

also sonicteam/sega will be more inclined to give xbox things as xbox/microsoft do much more buisness then GC ever will.
You are right again! But wait, Xbox can have larger updates compared to the GC because of its HDD capabilities, but it won't happen, because Sonic Team said so.

Last I remembered, there were more GC PSO players in Japan than there were Xbox. Only time will tell what will happen in the US and EU. Another thing, Sonic Team have already made a few titles for the GC, so you're proven wrong; GC has done more business with Sonic Team than Microsoft has done.

im not a GC basher, im just telling u people. i know im gonna end up owning a gc at some point and im always fiddleing with my GBA.

You sure sound like a GC basher.

Oh my, after making this post, I just remembered what this whole thread was about. I'm so stupid. It's about how the Xbox version of PSO has been majorly ass-raped, compared to the GC in terms of cheating.

LouisGB
Apr 6, 2003, 11:28 AM
well when the xbox version comes out we will see which one the best one is, all your comebacks are just bull shit. doesnt matter if nintendo or sonic team own the servers, microsoft will look after theirs better

Rich_T
Apr 6, 2003, 12:47 PM
What people are forgetting is that it wanst dupes, it wasnt item creation, insatnt level 200/100, or any other cheat of that type that killed the dreamcast online comunity for PSO.
The real damage was cause by things like Player kill, and cheats that corupted other peoples save data such as NOL, charcter Kill, Memory card coruption and the rumoured Dreamcast kill that wiped the dreamcasts Cmos.

Cheating will cause some damage, but as long as the coruption cheats stay off both the Gamecube and X-box versions of pso, it will still be safe to play in open games.

NekoHikari
Apr 7, 2003, 04:24 AM
Well... here I thought I was the only one playing Secret of Mana with three players on my XBOX.

I have two XBOXes- one of them is modded as Saffaya mentioned, and the other is for Live.

The only thing I can hope to achieve before the XBOX release is that I get a circle of people together that I trust, and create an online environment worth playing in- with no cheating, duping, PKing, anything dishonorable in the least. I can recall playing in games where none of us even took a second glance at a red box, because we knew we could play Rock Paper Scissors for it if we really wanted it. We helped each other out all the time, and now that we can do so with voice communication it'll be a dream come true.

Just remember that even if there are those out there that will do anything to get ahead... there will always be the ones that take the adventure one step at a time, and enjoy every moment of it.

LouisGB
Apr 7, 2003, 06:40 AM
yeah i made the point about hacked items being bad. is the game cube action replay out yet?

Wewt
Apr 7, 2003, 12:39 PM
On 2003-04-06 09:28, LouisGB wrote:
well when the xbox version comes out we will see which one the best one is, all your comebacks are just bull shit. doesnt matter if nintendo or sonic team own the servers, microsoft will look after theirs better

Are you stupid or ignorant? Or both?

The servers don't even NEED much looking after. Once again, SONIC TEAM are the ones that will be making the bullshit patches and whatnot. They will treat both versions of PSO EP. I & II exactly the same. All Microsoft will be doing is make sure the servers are online and other miscellaneous things.

You should also know that it's not the actual game servers that are being hacked, it's the game itself, or to be exact, the data loaded from the game into the RAM of the console. Anybody that knows more than me about this: feel free to correct me.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Apr 8, 2003, 01:57 AM
i can hack d2 and know many how can
they have server side chrs.
so no there would still be h4x0rs

blazeking240
Apr 8, 2003, 07:37 PM
I think hacks are for losers just play the game...

ALPHAM0F0
Apr 8, 2003, 09:48 PM
i second that motion

Captain_Dude
Apr 9, 2003, 02:44 AM
On 2003-04-07 23:57, FO-RA-HUnightv wrote:
i can hack d2 and know many how can
they have server side chrs.
so no there would still be h4x0rs

*Points to st33v* There you have the greatest (albeit not very well know) hacker in Diablo 2 history (atleast in personal opinion). The man who created Kuntar's gear(armor with sevearl quintillion defense, swords that did enought damage to puncture that armor), the man who nearly felled the Blizzard closed Battle.net servers, the man who ran a pirated Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 server all long before any of the wide-spread hacks were released.
He got caught(sorta)...
Don't think that just because it's possible to hack something, no matter how easily, you can still get caught. That's what happend st33v, that's what happened to over 1000 accounts in the past (what was it month? *thinks back to today's episode of Pulse*).

Note: Funny thing about st33v's getting caught was he got caught for an insignifigant name hack... But Blizzard failed to catch him overload the server... *sigh* It's funy how the little things always end up screwing ya over the most...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-04-09 00:45 ]</font>

Phelan
Apr 9, 2003, 12:57 PM
That story really reminds me of good ole Al Capone. Anyway, yet xbox live should be pretty good at tracking hackers.

ancutcho
Apr 10, 2003, 05:58 PM
On 2003-04-09 10:57, Phelan wrote:
That story really reminds me of good ole Al Capone. Anyway, yet xbox live should be pretty good at tracking hackers.

i hope sega is good at keeping track of hackers so they can ban them. well see next week when the game finally comes out!

PsoX_nop2k1
Apr 21, 2003, 02:55 PM
http://www.thai.net/nop2k1/pso_xbox/easteregg3_320.jpg
http://www.thai.net/nop2k1/pso_xbox/armor_320.jpg
http://www.thai.net/nop2k1/pso_xbox/shield_320.jpg
http://www.thai.net/nop2k1/pso_xbox/unit_320.jpg

Blenjar
Apr 21, 2003, 03:11 PM
That's insane.
I've just wasted $50 on a gamertag...='(

RagMasterRappy
Apr 21, 2003, 03:11 PM
Ouch. That's funny in a sad way.

Shoryu
Apr 22, 2003, 02:42 AM
sigh.. you hackers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif you don't deserved to be called a hacker.
hackers are ethical. i really hope you dont release this stuff.

hyuga
Apr 23, 2003, 08:27 AM
Wow, the stores at PSOX are way cooler than the ones in the GC version.... LOL!

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 23, 2003, 10:26 AM
Too bad that's a Gamecube version image up above.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omni-SqwirL on 2003-04-23 08:27 ]</font>

faceless
Apr 23, 2003, 03:26 PM
On 2003-04-22 00:42, Shoryu wrote:
sigh.. you hackers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif you don't deserved to be called a hacker.
hackers are ethical. i really hope you dont release this stuff.

too late, already released...

faceless
Apr 23, 2003, 03:27 PM
On 2003-04-23 08:26, Omni-SqwirL wrote:
Too bad that's a Gamecube version image up above.
</font>

right..

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 24, 2003, 12:59 PM
Those are definately Xbox attack buttons, but I could easily do something like that in photoshop

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 24, 2003, 01:02 PM
On 2003-03-30 16:11, faceless wrote:
xbox pso busted wide open...

easy level up (lvl200 after finishing forest)
80% chance of rare item drops
all armor 4 slot
all weapons 80-100% attributes
enemy item drops drop the weapon, not the part

all these hacks were released over the weekend, (no, i won't say where, PM's will be deleted and/or replied to with swearing)

someone just went ahead and hacked the tables that control these types of things, so the hacks will most likely work on the US/PAL PSO, and probably on gamecube in the event someone ever figures out how to play bootlegs... someone even commented that the hacked files are the exact same on DC v2...

The date...look at the date....PSOX wasn't even released yet.

RagMasterRappy
Apr 24, 2003, 03:12 PM
On 2003-04-24 11:02, Omni-SqwirL wrote:

You need to wake up to reality. All of those screens clearly show that the game's internals have been modified. JP PSO for XBOX had been out at this point, and it probably would not be too hard to apply the same methods to the other releases as well.

Para
Apr 24, 2003, 05:44 PM
the main reason why xbox is so easily hacked is that its too similar to a pc... since its so similar to a pc... most xbox hacks are actually spawns of pc pso hacks..

faceless
Apr 25, 2003, 03:06 AM
from what i understand, other than the Default.xbe (Main Executable File) all the files in PSO XBOX are the same for both the Japanese and US versions...

most of the hacks are just file replacements that are either copied over the original unmodified ones on the HDD...

and the only two hacks that didn't work on the US version "right out of the box" were "Infinite Item Usage" and "Max Money"...

basically Lv200 From 1 Enemy, Lv200 by end of Normal Forest, High % Drop Of Good Rares, High % Drop Of 4 Slot Armor, High % Drop Of Enemy Parts, High % Drop Of Enemy Weapons, High % Drop Of Lv16-30 Techs, High % Drop Of Rare Mags, Lv15 Techs Sold in Shops, Rare Armor, Shields & God Units Sold In Shops, Easter Egg Hack, Jack-O-Lantern Hack and Christmas Present Hack all worked on the US Xbox PSO right away...

as far as hacking is concerned, the game was over before it began, however, the amount of people who actually will use the hack remains to be seen, most people with xboxes don't like PSO anyway, they're more into FPS/Racing...

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 25, 2003, 09:50 AM
On 2003-04-24 13:12, RagMasterRappy wrote:

On 2003-04-24 11:02, Omni-SqwirL wrote:

You need to wake up to reality. All of those screens clearly show that the game's internals have been modified. JP PSO for XBOX had been out at this point, and it probably would not be too hard to apply the same methods to the other releases as well.

Explain why the picture is in plain English then.

By the way, no offense, but if I'm totally outright proven wrong, that's awesome because I love to argue http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RagMasterRappy
Apr 25, 2003, 10:50 AM
On 2003-04-25 07:50, Omni-SqwirL wrote:
Explain why the picture is in plain English then.

By the way, no offense, but if I'm totally outright proven wrong, that's awesome because I love to argue http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Because the JP release has a language option for "English."

MORB
Apr 25, 2003, 10:52 AM
Well, all versions of PSO since the first one on dreamcast have been internationalized before the japanese release, and all regional versions (JP, US and EU) contain every language the game has been translated into (that can be selected in the options)

Now I don't know if it's exactly like that for xbox, but it wouldn't be surprising.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MORB on 2003-04-25 08:53 ]</font>

Belmont
Apr 26, 2003, 10:51 AM
honst who here has seen in person this so called "Hacks"????i have prob 9 hrs a day in sence psoX came out no hacks and i ask everyone i meet no hacks dont worry people the person who deceided it would be cool to make up hacks it over and anyone smart enough to get the psoX ver will know it cause not only is the headset and keyboard moer fun and faster its the safes ones

dont worry GC users i was once a pso 56ker it sucks huh the day will come where dial up modems will be in musemums

SkyHawkX
Apr 26, 2003, 02:10 PM
Belmont HAHAHA You're the...HAHAHAHAH

Kthak
Apr 26, 2003, 05:52 PM
Belmont, I have GC PSO and I use DSL... it kind of sucks to play on a version of the game that got gang-raped by hackers before it even came out huh?

RuneLateralus
Apr 26, 2003, 11:12 PM
Ok, enough of the fanboys comments.

shadgenki
May 1, 2003, 09:59 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. I've been lurking around for awhile and I've read all this flaming going back and forth... It doesn't really matter what system a game is on, or whether it's got offline capability or online-only, someone will find a way to hack and cheat because they want to. Yeah, maybe the features on Xbox make it slightly easier to do more than just dupe items like on GC. But that doesn't invalidate the game being on Xbox, and cheaters who are hacking the XP on there are a minority at best. It doesn't really matter where you play it, you'll still have to try to find honest people who are legit to play with. Just keep in mind that cheaters are everywhere, and just because they cheat in different ways on different systems doesn't make one system better than another. They're fucking video games for Christ's sake!

Omni-SqwirL
May 1, 2003, 11:25 AM
On 2003-05-01 07:59, shadgenki wrote:
I don't see what the big deal is. I've been lurking around for awhile and I've read all this flaming going back and forth... It doesn't really matter what system a game is on, or whether it's got offline capability or online-only, someone will find a way to hack and cheat because they want to. Yeah, maybe the features on Xbox make it slightly easier to do more than just dupe items like on GC. But that doesn't invalidate the game being on Xbox, and cheaters who are hacking the XP on there are a minority at best. It doesn't really matter where you play it, you'll still have to try to find honest people who are legit to play with. Just keep in mind that cheaters are everywhere, and just because they cheat in different ways on different systems doesn't make one system better than another. They're fucking video games for Christ's sake!

Agreed 892163681%

MattBoySlim
May 1, 2003, 04:05 PM
Boy, ShadGenki, you really hit the nail on the head!!! Cheating and hacks have been a ubiquitous part of PSO, since the hazy days of the DreamCast. Of course it applies to other games as well. If it bothers you, find another ship to play on. It's not so bad that you "just can't get away from it". Yet. Hacks must not be that rampant since I've played almost everyday since the Xbox release and haven't seen it once. PSO is like some kind of magnificent machine that knows no bounds. Except for an annoying camera system. Just enjoy a nice game with a couple of nice people. I believe I'll seek out this "Shadgenki" and create an unbeatable tag team! If the game makes you so damn mad, maybe you could go outside and get some sunshine instead. Hell, it costs less.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MattBoySlim on 2003-05-01 14:15 ]</font>

shadgenki
May 1, 2003, 04:27 PM
Mattboyslim, thank you very much for the pat on the back. I agree, we all probably could spend more time outside riding in panda cars and whatnot, or lookin' at a thing in a bag. I think we all know that there's ways to avoid these kinds of cheaters and have no trouble finding people we can trust to play a legitimate game with. And when we do, we will indeed be an unbeatable tag team.

Matt, let's join forces. We'll lead as two kings.

MattBoySlim
May 1, 2003, 04:46 PM
Indeed!! I'll get the scientists working on the Tube Technology...immediately. Pandas and bags notwithstanding, "outside" can be overrated. I can only imagine it would be amplified for you, living as you do in the bland, tax-free state to my south. Though few and far between, legitimate and non-jaded players (such as myself, and most likely many of the people who actually post here.....well, at least the legitimate part) do exist. I will contact you in the near future so that we can meet and rule Ralgol like some kind of hamsters from Compton. That's right....like Hamstah Ganstaz.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MattBoySlim on 2003-05-01 15:20 ]</font>

HayatoShi
Jul 16, 2003, 05:29 PM
YOu ccan do that in the XBOX VERSION!!!! Impossible!... Oh wait i got it confused with another version but...! Okay the item drop code is just nonsense

four_spikes
Jul 16, 2003, 06:58 PM
I know where i find all those =P

Da1
Jul 16, 2003, 08:56 PM
me too :-}

Da1
Jul 16, 2003, 08:57 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Da1 on 2003-07-16 19:01 ]</font>

PsoFanatic90
Jul 16, 2003, 09:52 PM
sorry but serverside character storage doesnt help look at diablo 1 and 2 and diablo2 exp. sorry. where theres a will theres a way theres always gonna be cheating in the gaming world get used to it man. sorry.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif