PDA

View Full Version : Pretty much raging

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 08:51 PM
Ok so I'm fortunate enough to get not one but 2 elder rods, but now I learn they released Psycho Wand as a drop too. That's freaking crazy, now while it is fine that I have a elder rod and it'll serve me fine, when I search jp wiki that was pretty much a kick in the balls to me. If farming Yasminkov 9000M is a female bitch at its finest, I'd have a better chance drawing a winning lottery ticket then being struck by lightning on my way out of the store than getting the Psycho Wand. I doubt anything gets better than that, since it'll be upgraded over the course of the game.

Damn you SEGA.

Vintasticvin
Dec 13, 2012, 09:02 PM
Least you are able to play the game so be happy for that atleast. There are those who could only wish to be able to get the experience you are enjoying.

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 09:03 PM
I know my rant is stupid because I'm complaining about owning 2 elder rods its just like wow I thought I had something good there but then Psycho Wand comes out of nowhere. It'll probably be the best rod in game for now till the end of time

Sp-24
Dec 13, 2012, 09:07 PM
Well, if it makes you any happier, that's 2 times more Elder Rods than I have. 200%, man!

Blastifyys
Dec 13, 2012, 09:10 PM
Least you are able to play the game so be happy for that atleast. There are those who could only wish to be able to get the experience you are enjoying.
yea what he said iand im one of them until christmas

Vintasticvin
Dec 13, 2012, 09:16 PM
I know my rant is stupid because I'm complaining about owning 2 elder rods its just like wow I thought I had something good there but then Psycho Wand comes out of nowhere. It'll probably be the best rod in game for now till the end of time

x^.^x Nothing wrong with being second best sides you can't always be on top and all that glorious crap Sides Elder rod is something new and unique as well as cool looking while P-Wand is a over recycled rod thats been around since the days of the Master System era x^,-,^x :P

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 09:18 PM
True true, its just I feel that Psycho Wand will be updated constantly so it will remain as the "best weapon in PSO2" while the elder rod will slowly fade away.

Mike
Dec 13, 2012, 09:21 PM
True true, its just I feel that Psycho Wand will be updated constantly so it will remain as the "best weapon in PSO2" while the elder rod will slowly fade away.
Welcome to the power creep.

Laxedrane
Dec 13, 2012, 09:24 PM

Which is why I got pissed we saw it so early. Since psycho rod just *has* to be the end all be all rod in all phantasy stars it must stay that way. Although to sega credit they released another version of it instead later in PSU life with a new name and an aura effect.

I don't understand the obsession with the rod anyways, it's lost it's own uniqueness referred to in it's name since PSO and is pretty under whelming looking.

Vintasticvin
Dec 13, 2012, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the power creep.

:D Hi Mikey!!!!

CelestialBlade
Dec 13, 2012, 09:27 PM
Used an Alva D. Saber with Vol Soul and Power III that vastly outclassed any available Double Saber at the time save for losing a bit of power to Quartz Calibur, which is obviously harder to upgrade anyway. Now? It looks freaking terrible next to the current 9-10* DSes. Just what happens; you'll never be the best forever if you aren't constantly improving. That's life.

Sp-24
Dec 13, 2012, 09:29 PM
Just what happens; you'll never be the best forever if you aren't randomly improving. That's PSO2.

Fixed.

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 09:36 PM
Ok wasted 500k and 300 grinders on this elder rod. Obviously we weren't meant to be. Maybe I'll go mad and trade in my elder rod for grinders then sit there and think "The hell did I just do"

Sp-24
Dec 13, 2012, 09:41 PM
Just curious, did you at least hit the +8 mark? I've left mine at that after reaching it once and then wasting 200 grinders more to reach it again.

And yeah, use protectors to grind weapons past +8. BUY AC TODAY

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 09:44 PM
Just curious, did you at least hit the +8 mark? I've left mine at that after reaching it once and then wasting 200 grinders more to reach it again.

And yeah, use protectors to grind weapons past +8. BUY AC TODAY

Yeah I did, and the moment I dropped back to +1 chain of events, I remembered I had them.

eharima
Dec 13, 2012, 10:31 PM
We not even at ultimate, lv 100 or nothing close and your speculating a 12* rod is gonna be the best until the end? Lol.
Place holder post for when lambada psycho wand haha

Laxedrane
Dec 13, 2012, 10:35 PM
We not even at ultimate, lv 100 or nothing close and your speculating a 12* rod is gonna be the best until the end? Lol.

Never played Phantasy star Universe did you? That rod was the strongest rod for what..? 3-4 years? I wish I was exaggerating.

Keyblade59
Dec 13, 2012, 10:56 PM

Can't be a lambada psycho wand because that thing is old, and will always be the strongest weapon in the game. As said in the name, it will remain as the best, because the creators of the Psycho Wand, were psychos.

lagnarok
Dec 13, 2012, 11:15 PM
You can always hope for change. Maybe they'll come up with stronger weapon starting this series.
I mean, if they come up with stronger ones, that's new business opportunity. You know with all the AC people have to use.
Psycho Wand takes 5 grinders, 30k per upgrade, and -4 risk toward the end according to jp wiki. People will probably have to use a lot of AC items. After they see a lot of people having this, maybe they'll make rares with 13 stars.

UnLucky
Dec 13, 2012, 11:26 PM
all they gotta do is make the thing's base stats raise if you unlock its ability or whatever at +11

Insane food dish
Dec 13, 2012, 11:31 PM

Psp2 infinity had a beefed up Psycho wand if i remember correctly. They would probably bring that one back if they had to.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 15, 2012, 04:45 AM
That would be Eternal Psycho Drive, a red coloured version of Psycho Wand.

It's rather odd how it's evolved since the classic days.

Kamal
Jan 7, 2013, 02:30 AM
its time for a change, they cant always keep things like it is.

Beside the more you play pso 2 the more chances you will have, back on pso xbox the drops increased by the amount of time spent on the game. I had 1000hrs back on pso and the drops became easy to acquire still im not so sure its like that on pso 2 pc. Hope it is