PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Confused on Mag Evolution: Karina Mag?

Shade_Koopa
Dec 18, 2012, 02:20 AM
I'm still confused as to how to make a Karina mag with 50 Striking and 50 Tech when it reaches level 100. I know that the Tech stats needs be the highest when it reaches level 30 but where do I go from there? Tech needs to be the highest but it says Striking + Ability needs to higher the Tech? Could someone please explain? I have very confused here...:(

Rien
Dec 18, 2012, 02:44 AM
Raise Tech to 49.

Raise Ability to 48.

Raise Striking to 3.

Pewf.

schnee4
Dec 18, 2012, 04:53 PM
It works differently in each stage of evolution
After Lvl 30, or First Evolve, it will simply be used as a substitute for Strike/Shoot/Tech.
After Lvl 100, or Second Evolve, it will no longer substitute for the dominant stat used in the Second Evolve. Ex: Your mag turns into a Karina, TECH type mag, DEX will no longer substitute for TECH.

+49 TECH
+1 STRIKE
+50 DEX
from here, if it's TECH is greater than it's DEX+STR at an evolve point (which is any multiple of 5 after 100: 105, 110, 115, etc) it will turn into a Monoceros. If that happens, you can still change it back; just bring the DEX+STR to be greater than TECH at an evolve point.

Shade_Koopa
Dec 19, 2012, 01:51 AM
Raise Tech to 49.

Raise Ability to 48.

Raise Striking to 3.

Pewf.

Um...I don't really want to Raise ability. Right now, my mag is tech 8 and strike 6. I rather have my mag mainly be 50 tech and 50 striking by the time I evolve it into a Karina.

Can't I just do tech 49, Strike 48, and ability 3? Won't that give me a Karina if I have not choice but to make S+A>T?

It works differently in each stage of evolution
After Lvl 30, or First Evolve, it will simply be used as a substitute for Strike/Shoot/Tech.
After Lvl 100, or Second Evolve, it will no longer substitute for the dominant stat used in the Second Evolve. Ex: Your mag turns into a Karina, TECH type mag, DEX will no longer substitute for TECH.

+49 TECH
+1 STRIKE
+50 DEX
from here, if it's TECH is greater than it's DEX+STR at an evolve point (which is any multiple of 5 after 100: 105, 110, 115, etc) it will turn into a Monoceros. If that happens, you can still change it back; just bring the DEX+STR to be greater than TECH at an evolve point.

um..I'm sorry but I didn't understand anything you just said.

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 19, 2012, 02:06 AM
Can't I just do tech 49, Strike 48, and ability 3? Won't that give me a Karina if I have not choice but to make S+A>T?

Short answer: Yes.

At level 95, you want your mag to be in the Lepus (Tech highest) form. At level 100 it will then become Monoceros, Carina, or Orion and can't evolve into anything except those 3. Prior to that (every 5th level after 30 until 100) its form is influenced by the dominant stat. If it became Lyra (Strike highest) at 95, you'd be stuck with one of Lyra's evolutions forever.

To get Strike + Ability to be higher than Tech, you need points in Strike attack, Strike defense, and/or ability. You're going to be stuck with at least one stat you don't want if you want Carina.

In the post above, DEX is an alternate word for Ability used by the english patch.

If you're still confused, go here (http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/) and check "Mag Devices". Look at the evolution column where it lists mags.

Shade_Koopa
Dec 19, 2012, 02:10 AM
Short answer: Yes.

At level 95, you want your mag to be in the Lepus (Tech highest) form. At level 100 it will then become Monoceros, Carina, or Orion and can't evolve into anything except those 3. Prior to that (every 5th level after 30 until 100) its form is influenced by the dominant stat. If it became Lyra (Strike highest) at 95, you'd be stuck with one of Lyra's evolutions forever.

To get Strike + Ability to be higher than Tech, you need points in Strike attack, Strike defense, and/or ability. You're going to be stuck with at least one stat you don't want if you want Carina.

In the post above, DEX is an alternate word for Ability used by the english patch.

Okay, so let me see if I understand this. Assuming that my tech stat is dominate by level 30, it will evolve into a lepus, a tech mag. And if I put 49 Tech, 49 Strike, and 2 in Dex/Abitlity, will it still turn into a Karina?

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 19, 2012, 02:12 AM
^ Yes. But every 5 levels after that makes an evolution check between Monoceros, Carina, and Orion. So if Tech suddenly became higher than S+A at level 105, it would become Monoceros.

And to emphasize, the order of that stat distribution matters since it needs to be Lepus at 95.

Shade_Koopa
Dec 19, 2012, 02:15 AM
Okay, so as long as the Tech stays higher then S+A/Dex, I will still end up with a Karina Mag.

Thank you for the info.

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 19, 2012, 02:20 AM
Uh, no. If Tech becomes higher after it becomes Carina, it will just become Monoceros. Example:

Lepus hits level 95 with
T-ATK 49
S-ATK 46

At level 100 it becomes Carina with these stats: (given 5 S-ATK levels)
T-ATK 49
S-ATK 51

At level 105, it becomes Monoceros with these: (given 5 T-ATK levels)
T-ATK 54
S-ATK 51

If you want it to stay Carina, you have to keep messing with its stats.

Also if you want Carina just for the Cetus Imera photon blast, it would probably be less hassle to just get a PB change device from excube shop when you have the means to do so. Note that you would only want to use this device once it hits max level (150). If the Mag gains a level it will revert to whatever PB its form is supposed to be using, unless that's been patched.

IndigoNovember
Dec 21, 2012, 02:20 PM
Question about Carina, what does it's auto action do? It's listed as just "Attack" versus "Blow" or "Upper", so I assume it just hits the enemy without knocking them down or launching them?