PDA

View Full Version : Finally gave in

wxfaustxw
Dec 18, 2012, 02:29 PM
Ever since hearing that there was to be a pso2 i have been itching to get my hands on it and have finally given into the temptation and started dl'ing it. Only problem being that i cannot read a word of japanese.

Just wondering if there are any kind souls out there willing to show me the ropes when i get on/play with me once i've gotten used to it? I've read on a couple of sites that ship 2 is the place to be for english peoples, is this still the case?

The Walrus
Dec 18, 2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah the majority of english speaking players are on 2. There's an english patch btw, can't tell you where to get it though.

Shadowth117
Dec 18, 2012, 02:44 PM
Ever since hearing that there was to be a pso2 i have been itching to get my hands on it and have finally given into the temptation and started dl'ing it. Only problem being that i cannot read a word of japanese.

Just wondering if there are any kind souls out there willing to show me the ropes when i get on/play with me once i've gotten used to it? I've read on a couple of sites that ship 2 is the place to be for english peoples, is this still the case?

Yes, but the servers are down for now. You should also know that there's a partial English patch available for people who have issues reading the Japanese which you can probably Google.

TsukasaPasta
Dec 18, 2012, 07:20 PM
Its ok you'll be fine with japanese client : D reading moonspeak builds character...or headaches.

pikachief
Dec 18, 2012, 07:23 PM

www.bumped.org

Cagedtaytay
Dec 18, 2012, 07:33 PM
Maybe if I play long enough I'll learn how to speak Japanese.
Screw Rosetta Stone.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 07:37 PM
get a hiragana/katakana charts and kinda study that when looking up weapons and stuff, gets you by a bit aside from all the kanji

Cagedtaytay
Dec 18, 2012, 07:45 PM
get a hiragana/katakana charts and kinda study that when looking up weapons and stuff, gets you by a bit aside from all the kanji

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2.
TEACHING US DAT MOONSPEAK.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2012, 08:29 PM
PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2.
TEACHING US DAT MOONSPEAK.

because we wont learn it any other way :3

lostinseganet
Dec 18, 2012, 08:32 PM
Learning a new language can be fun :)

Gold Saw
Dec 18, 2012, 09:36 PM
Learning a new language can be fun :)

Yea and hard. I had a hard but fun time learning english. It took 4 years but I studied a lot and It payed off.