PDA

View Full Version : Do people like using the chick human ranger?

mightymike83
Mar 30, 2003, 09:54 PM
Anyone use a chick human ranger? If so, is she good? does anyone reccomend her? thanks

Yoda86
Mar 30, 2003, 09:58 PM
She's alright in the fact that she can use some more techs than a RAmar but all in all she isn't that great of a character. This is my opinion and you'll have to try her out and see if she fits your PSO Gameplay style.

Brundidge
Mar 30, 2003, 10:11 PM
She's the reincarnation of a HUnewearl capable of lvl 20 techs. Her stats are basically balanced in growth though she has the lowest ATP of the rangers and HP but she makes it up for the lvl 20 techs, high EVP, and 2nd highest ATA. You have to try her out to get the feel of her. The beginning may be slow at first but she'll catch up quickly. Very good single player offline character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brundidge on 2003-03-30 19:12 ]</font>

BeatZero
Mar 30, 2003, 10:33 PM
i love my new RAmarl!

she totally owns, well that may have something to do with the 375 mats i used....

Jae
Mar 31, 2003, 12:15 AM
I recommend her. She has really bad growing pains early on, but if you distribute your materials and mag stats correctly, she is a force to be reckoned with. Her ATP is the lowest of the RA class, but her high ATA limit allows her to use stronger combos in more difficult areas like Ultimate Ruins and Seabed with more accuracy.

But I'll warn you that this class takes patience. I never really felt "powerful" with my RAmarl until around level 130ish. Now at 153, she's a tank that can solo with the best of them. On the flipside she also provides good support for those walking meatshields... err I mean HUnters.

RAmarl's a good all around character if you want to be able to switch between support and attack roles.

Subliminalgroove
Mar 31, 2003, 01:00 AM
I like mine. I think she kicks butt.

brillyfresh
Mar 31, 2003, 01:12 AM
i just created one .... i like the ability to provide full support in the absence of a force, and i can still use almost any gun in the game

i think once she reaches higher levels, i will like her a lot more than my current RAmar

TCZid
Mar 31, 2003, 10:55 AM
I hate em, they die too ez.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 31, 2003, 06:38 PM
Other classes may seem better than a weakling Ramarl in the early levels, but she truly excels at higher levels. It is all due to her 250 mat limit, level 20 techniques, and guns.

Major complaints about a Ramarl:

1) Low ATP
2) Low HP
3) Pantaloons instead of skimpy clothing

Low ATP can be fixed with a power mag in the 175+ range. The dex loss is negligable - you're a ranger and ATA comes naturally. You can also equip god/arms, which aren't that rare on the trading block. Shifta 20 and Zalure 20 works wonders with ATP and damage output. I can't understand why some people say J/Z suck - they must be clueless HUmars who think BKBs are the solution to everything.

Yes, I'm aware that Ramarls won't outdo the other rangers in ATP if everyone gets the same level shifta, but that doesn't mean they're weak. My 131 ramarl with level 20 shifta can already kill things quite quickly in online Ultimate, even in Ruins and Episode 2. Imagine what she can do with higher level shifta. Other rangers will outdo her in damage, with the same shifta on, but she's no pushover.

Think of it this way...your lower stats is a tradeoff for your ability to cast level 20 techs, and hence be self-sufficient. You're not dependent on anybody for your boosts, restas, etc. This also means you own offline mode like a hunewearl, except you have an easier time of it with your guns.

If ATP is all that is important to you, and you don't care about anything else, then obviously you should be playing a Racast or Hucast. But one of the truths of PSO is that a single stat doesn't tell the whole story of a character. Just as a Spread Needle appears weak but ends up being THE best shot weapon for a high level ranger, so do Ramarls with their low stats and growing pains.

Low HP is not as much of a problem because rangers are distance fighters in the early levels. Enemies move slowly and a rifle can be used to pick them off before they get close. You will still get hit, but not as much as a HU. Your journey to Ultimate mode should give you enough time to trade or find a god/hp, or hp mats in meaningful quantities.

The pantaloons that ramarls wear is an eyesore. All those luscious curves and all hidden by those godawful fatigues. How many anime shows that feature girls-with-guns have the females wearing the Ramarl's outfit? Zero. Nada. Zip. Oh well...at least they run like a hunewearl.

Yoda86
Mar 31, 2003, 08:22 PM
Jeez, why didn't you just link to your RAmarl > HUnewearl topic Elusive_Llama?

Joe-Azlin
Mar 31, 2003, 09:25 PM
i dont like rangers but thats jsut me but if i had 2 choose i would go with the racast jsut cuz he can c traps and is really strong and alot of defense

BeatZero
Mar 31, 2003, 10:24 PM
btw my RAmarl currently can solo rape hard ruins, heres her set up:

Weapon: RED MECHGUN +30
Armor: 4 Slot Frame (3 god/arms and god/battle)
Shield: Freeze Barrier
Mag: Rati (20/100/50/30)
mats used: 125 hp, 132 power, 73 defense, 45 luck.

mightymike83
Apr 1, 2003, 12:27 AM
Hey thanks for the help guys. Well i just started her up, i'm not gonna work on her until i finish up my chick hunter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif shes lvl 85 and my mag is 200 and i'm in ultimate mines. but i love shopping, so i'm not so fast in pso http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, but i love the game to death and i love my chick hunter. the chick ranger, i did play for like 5mins and i could tell this is gonna get some taking use to. can anyone tell me what my mag should be for this chick? what should i concentrate on with my mag to make it a hardcore mag for my chick, thanks