PDA

View Full Version : Best set for a FO-TE

Daveach
Dec 22, 2012, 02:05 AM
Hello guys, im almost lvl 50 with my FO and i've been wondering, what kind of set should I try to get?

My first option is the Dark Luxe set (Dark wings), because it gives +5PP and the stats are...balanced I think. Also, they look cool. Only problem is that it requires 360 DEX and I dont have it (but probably will after I get to 50 or grind my TE).

People on my team told me that Snow Banther/Banshee set is pretty good too, and since it requires T-Def and raise a good amount of S-Def sounds like an interesting way to go...only problem is that I have terrible luck.

tl;dr:
Should I get the Dark Luxe set (wich I can buy)? Or try my luck (and patience) for Snow set?? Is there another set that I should check???

And by the way, right now im using Quartz units +8
Thanks in advance.

Jakosifer
Dec 22, 2012, 11:28 AM
If you have PP Restore Rate on Te, the Dark Wings are redundant. Snow Set is good overall, and you don't need luck at all to get them. Units don't have abysmal drop rates (generally), and it wouldn't take long to get the full set solo, let alone with anyone useful along for the ride.

Daveach
Dec 22, 2012, 04:39 PM
I see, thanks for replying. I think I have to go for the stats and not the looks. Well, time to go and kill some Bathers and Banshees...and embrace the horrible future of grinding and affixing...

Heat Haze
Dec 22, 2012, 05:57 PM
I'd also suggest the Snow Units. They're overall good, and provide a nice amount of S-Def.

Just remember to get them to have a chance at dropping, you have to break all breakable parts. They drop fairly frequently if you have a decent party. Personally, I got all 3 of my units within two runs.

SociableTyrannosaur
Dec 23, 2012, 11:45 PM
definitely snow set. Techer will have difficulty equipping it because techer gives up T def for S def. If you have even 5 Dex on your mag, you can equip luxe wings by 50/50 as a newman.

Despite that, As a FO/TE, all but my R Def is just under 1k. I put Ragne soul, stamina II and Tech III on each part. with my current rod my T atk is over 1700 and my HP is over 740. with PP Convert and PP restorate I rarely run out of PP and I can take a beating on top of that.

If you want to be able to use Snow Set as a techer you'll need to either put a lot of points into T def on your mag, or split the difference and put additional points into T def Uo on techer. since you should have PP convert, you'll already have t Def up 5/10. I chose to put 5 more points into it and was already in the process of making a new mag. I ended up diverting 20 points to T def and can now equip snow soul as either class.

Option B is if you plan to main FO and sub Te is to have a cheap set to equip only as you level TE and resign yourself to being a bit less meaty as a TE.

Snow Set is brilliant though.

Daveach
Dec 24, 2012, 04:23 AM
Thanks for all your comments.
I already started my unit hunting, and got the rear unit today :]
People on my team sugested the T-Def way from my TE skill-tree, and i will work on that. Since my TE is still low lvl...
Yes I plan to main FO and sub TE, I know that, even with that set, i will not be that strong, but hey, Ive been a FO since PSO, so im used to it.
If i dont raise T-Def on my mag, but raise T-Def to 10 on the TE skill-tree, will I be able to equip it? I didnt understand that part.

Heat Haze
Dec 24, 2012, 04:31 PM
If you're a FONewearl, you'll have no issues at all equipping the Snow Units. As a level 50 Force subbing a level 50 Techer, you'll end up with 487 T-Def without any points on a skill tree, or mag. The amount you have to invest to equip them is pretty low.

SociableTyrannosaur
Dec 24, 2012, 07:15 PM
He's asking about TE/FO though. As a Techer, even as a female newman your T def will be very low. The reason for this is the class modifiers favor S def over T def. That said, even if you put T def Up 1 all the way to 10/10 you'll still come up a few points short. Use the skill tree simulator (which now contains stats) to find out how much you'll need to put into T def on your mag after maxing T def up 1. For Female newman (highest base T def) I still needed to put in an additional 19 points, so I just rounded it off to 20.

A a FO though, yeah you dont need to do much to equip snow set. In fact you'll have more than enough just putting in the 5 points for PP convert (again, this partains to newman female)

Heat Haze
Dec 24, 2012, 07:39 PM
He's asking about TE/FO though. As a Techer, even as a female newman your T def will be very low. The reason for this is the class modifiers favor S def over T def. That said, even if you put T def Up 1 all the way to 10/10 you'll still come up a few points short. Use the skill tree simulator (which now contains stats) to find out how much you'll need to put into T def on your mag after maxing T def up 1. For Female newman (highest base T def) I still needed to put in an additional 19 points, so I just rounded it off to 20.

A a FO though, yeah you dont need to do much to equip snow set. In fact you'll have more than enough just putting in the 5 points for PP convert (again, this partains to newman female)

Yes I plan to main FO and sub TE

But you are correct. Would need more T-Def if TE is mained.

SociableTyrannosaur
Dec 24, 2012, 09:57 PM
I'm aware but you have to switch to TE to level the class; So I cautioned him that the set is harder to equip as a techer and that he has to account for it in one way or another.

I know I'm new here, but please follow the conversation before you start arguing.

Heat Haze
Dec 24, 2012, 10:31 PM
I'm aware but you have to switch to TE to level the class; So I cautioned him that the set is harder to equip as a techer and that he has to account for it in one way or another.

I know I'm new here, but please follow the conversation before you start arguing.

It isn't a debate or arguing moreso as it is a correction; being new or old to PSOW shouldn't have any bearing on whether anyones opinion is credible or not.

He would have to switch to TE to level the class so he can get the T-Def necessary to equip the units as a FO mained; that is clear. However, I don't believe he intends to equip the units at all as a TE; rather asking what set is more suitable as a FO.

This does raise questions though for the OP; if your TE isn't up matched with FO level-wise you'll find it hard to equip anything at higher tiers since the requirements for all current items seem to be based around the assumption everyone has sub-classes at a reasonable level. If, for example, your FO is at level 50 while your TE is at level 10; you'll have to grind TE up to 50 to get most of the stat bonuses that come with sub-classing so you can even consider equipping Dark Wings or Snow Units. (With both at level 50 you'd be 5 Dex short for Dark Wings, and 2 T-Def short for Snow Units. You can imagine how short of meeting the stat requirements are if your sub class isn't capped.)

Looks like you'll be rocking Quartz set for a while, if TE isn't grinded up. I'd consider it a priority to make the most of your class levels before you have to resort to spending mag levels on Dex and Defense.

SociableTyrannosaur
Dec 25, 2012, 03:09 AM
X_x No i mean I brought this up to him and he asked what steps he would have to take to equip them as a techer. Hence the slight diversion in the discussion.

Daveach
Dec 25, 2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks again for all the responses...and thank you Tyrannosaur. Though, I dont plan to have a decent set for TE, in fact, and as i said before, I just want that class to be sub, not my main. But thanks anyway, I'll keep your advice in mind :]

Dinosaur
Dec 26, 2012, 12:15 AM
PP makes such a huge difference on magic classes that I feel that dark lux wing set(+25 PP) is the best choice. Combine that with Elder souls and PP boosters and you get at least 150 PP max. With that amount of PP along with Techer's PP regen up, you will never run out of PP during a fight.

A Full Elder set is fine too. Bonus +24PP total.

SociableTyrannosaur
Dec 26, 2012, 02:41 AM
I almost never run out of PP between Restorate, Convert, PB and Mag ability and I only have 109 since I went HP instead of PP. Techer's regen skills make stock PP more than viable. Only reason to prioritize PP over HP (outside of personal preference) is if you're going full glass cannon and are going like...Fo/Fi where you dont have Te's regen skills.

Also Daveach: np, I just wanted to warn you of that because I know even if you plan to main Force, you still have to level techer so it's something to consider. you can easily just buy some cheap armors to use while you level techer

Dammy
Dec 26, 2012, 07:24 AM
i prefer snow cat set
good balance, has s def, hp , nice atk bonus and some pp too