PDA

View Full Version : Hunter/Fighter question

Giddy
Dec 22, 2012, 03:37 PM
I've finally gotten the fighter class unlocked and I know that I want to intertwine the fighter and hunter classes. So my question is which class should be main class and which should be made the subclass? What would be the best for damage and/or overall stats?

IndigoNovember
Dec 22, 2012, 03:57 PM
Hunter has good all class weapons (dex requirement), so you should probably go Fighter as your main class and Hunter as your subclass.

Statwise they will be identical besides the stats you don't really care about as a HU/FI or FI/HU (R-ATK & T-ATK).

Overall damage would probably go to Fighter with Deadly Archer, but experiment around and see what you like.

Giddy
Dec 22, 2012, 04:18 PM
Hunter has good all class weapons (dex requirement), so you should probably go Fighter as your main class and Hunter as your subclass.

Statwise they will be identical besides the stats you don't really care about as a HU/FI or FI/HU (R-ATK & T-ATK).

Overall damage would probably go to Fighter with Deadly Archer, but experiment around and see what you like.
Thank you for all of the info, it's been very helpful.

Giddy
Dec 24, 2012, 12:07 AM
What would be the best abilities to farm for to improve fighter/hunter weapons?

Giddy
Dec 26, 2012, 01:26 AM
What would be the best abilities to farm for to improve fighter/hunter weapons?
Does anyone know the answer to this?

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 26, 2012, 01:44 AM
(From a non-melee, just what I see/hear in passing)

Vol Soul, Power III, Spirita Boost (expensive) and/or Burn III* (or stat effect of choice)
*Applies mainly if you're using Chase Advance/Chase Bind from Fighter Tree

Gwana Soul or Quartz Soul could be substituted as you please instead of Vol. Gwana better paired with Poison, Quartz with I think Panic.

Bottom line: S-ATK soul and Power III.

Rien
Dec 26, 2012, 03:57 AM
Either Vol or Quartz Soul. Pick one and make all of them the same thing.

Zorafim
Dec 26, 2012, 04:36 AM
Keep in mind, optimally you'd be leveling both at the same time. The only time you should worry about what should be your main or sub job is when you're 50/50, and by then you'll already know from experience.

Giddy
Dec 26, 2012, 03:29 PM
Thank you for all the info everyone :)

Anymore info you may have will be greatly appreciated.

gigawuts
Dec 26, 2012, 03:35 PM
Like Zora said, alternate them! Get an allclass weapon for each category (well, the affordable ones anyway - wired lances and daggers might not work out).

Then a decent damage weapon in each category (This can be the allclass weapon - like how the lambda aristin is a powerful allclass sword).

Then alternate to level up. Stick with your favorite combination for regular play, but swap to your other class if it's a lower level during emergency quests like the 12 person vader, or maybe even falz. This way you get good exp on both, exposure to both, and you change up what it is your doing.

I myself am prone to getting bored when repeating the exact same thing or tactics, so I like to change things up a lot. For some classes that's cheap, but having to buy and grind up a good different weapon for a melee class can get pricey after the third or fourth swap...

Oh, and try subbing techer or force on both of these. Use zondeel, razan, shifta, and resta, which are exceptionally useful for moving or disabling enemies at a tap. Then try out gunner, which has lots of PA's that treat mechguns like melee weapons. Gunner's main purpose as a sub is to get Attack PP Restore maxed, and Chain Trigger to at least level 1. Both of these combine VERY well with melee weapons (for chain trigger some combo better than others, mainly quick hitting weapons).

Giddy
Dec 27, 2012, 12:09 PM
Here's another question. I know this may sound stupid to ask, but I've never played fighter and haven't made a subclass yet. So my question is: if I have a fighter main with hunter sub will I be able to use all weapons that a hunter can with the fighter?

Z-0
Dec 27, 2012, 12:14 PM
You cannot as the subclass system doesn't allow you to equip the sub's weapons.

However, Hunter has an allclass weapon for each of their categories, which Fighter will be able to wear and use their PAs if Hunter is their sub. They are:

ラムダアリスティン (Lambda Aristin)
ラムダハイペリオン (Lambda Hyperion)
ラムダパティルメリア (Lambda Patty Lumeria)

If you get these weapons, you'll have no problems using HU weapon categories as Fighter.

CelestialBlade
Dec 27, 2012, 03:27 PM
I'd sub Hunter just because it has much, much better all-class weaponry available. You're definitely gonna want to use Double Sabers if you want to crank out damage, and your only all-class options there are Double Saber Legacy (not very strong) or Fossil Victor (decently strong but hard to upgrade, as it's 10*).

Ability-wise, I'm a big fan of Chase Advance so I'd definitely get a high-level status effect (Shock, Mirage, or Burn) on your weapon. Otherwise Vol Soul/Power III as others have said.

Giddy
Dec 29, 2012, 03:54 PM
I understand that one of the fastest ways to lvl is through client orders and emergency missions, but are there any others good levels to play or things to do to lvl up fast?

SociableTyrannosaur
Dec 29, 2012, 04:39 PM
Just MPAs a good MPA if you stay with the group can be almost as good as as an EQ. Other than that, not much else you can do for easy/fast exp.

Just remember you can buy items for a lot of the COs making it a trade for meseta for exp. sometimes its completely worth it and other times you're better off getting it yourself. Either way, it an option that many people take.

Writhes
Dec 31, 2012, 12:00 PM
From my experiences leveling my hunter and fighter to 50 I have to say that swords and fists are currently my favorite forms of damage as well as being very viable methods for performing such a role.

I do believe however that dual sabers/wired lances are good alternative forms of damage and partisans/twin daggers being the most lackluster of all the hunter and fighter weapons however twin daggers do have use for aerial combat scenarios.

My advice is to pick a weapon that is not partisans or twin daggers as your primary source of damage rather as perhaps something to toy with on the side if they interest you at all that is.

As far as whether you pick fighter or hunter that is totally a decision based on the weapon of choice. At level 50 both will have equal "base" S-Attack however a hunter will have roughly 50 hp more than a fighter.

Zorafim
Dec 31, 2012, 06:21 PM
That's strange. I've found that partisan is one of the few weapons that can keep up with twin mech's damage on single target, while being amazing for multi target. And while twin daggers are pretty lackluster in the common situation, they're amazing for closing the distance between you and your opponent, and do fantastic damage against airborn enemies (notably for me at the moment: Quartz dragon tail and Windiras).
All of fighter's weapons have their own little nitch, making it a bad idea to skimp out on any of them. As for hunter... yeah, you can probably just pick one and be good. Though Wired Lance seems pretty lackluster against large enemies.

MetalDude
Jan 1, 2013, 06:09 AM
A Lambda Patty or Raizenoik with Lv. 11+ Slide End and Assault Buster deals stupid amounts of damage. If I had both of those at 11+, I'd honestly use partisans more. One of friends obliterates everything with them.

Hrith
Jan 2, 2013, 09:08 AM
I have Lambda Patilmelia and Slide End Lv12, it's really not impressive at all, Slide Shaker and Speed Rain are still much, much better DPS.

Dinosaur
Jan 2, 2013, 09:18 AM
charge it and close your eyes

Hrith
Jan 3, 2013, 09:13 AM
I do. Damage is about one third of Speed Rain.

IndigoNovember
Jan 3, 2013, 02:35 PM
I do. Damage is about one third of Speed Rain.

That's odd. My Speed Rain level 14 does about 2850 (570~ * 5). My charged Slide End level 10 does about 2100. Same equipment, same enemy, no stance changes, no difficulty changes, same mag, etc.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 3, 2013, 02:37 PM
Slide End also has (exaggeration) half a grid of range though.

Giddy
Jan 4, 2013, 10:51 PM
Should I get brave or wise stance first or end up getting both. I'm mostly just gonna be using double sabers.

gigawuts
Jan 4, 2013, 10:53 PM
Both.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 4, 2013, 11:38 PM
Ideally you'll be using Brave most of the time but it's good to have both.