PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Infinity Translation

Dark_Ansem
Dec 31, 2012, 05:54 AM
Why did the work on the Infinity translation stop?

JC200X
Dec 31, 2012, 06:03 AM
No, not this again...

As far as I know, it had to be redone and it just stopped not too long after. The Coldbird having retired from the Vita scene doesn't seem to bode well with the project. (If it is still ongoing.)

Dark_Ansem
Dec 31, 2012, 06:07 AM
oh, right... but has the latest version been released?

JC200X
Dec 31, 2012, 08:10 AM
There has been no public release of the patch. Only a private beta version tested by a select few players, which was quite a while ago.

LEDAHGRIM
Jan 1, 2013, 02:33 AM
Coldbird was working on infinity server for use with his latest CFW "PRO C" and
the plugin "PRO C ONLINE".

The translation patch had to be redone because it caused to many random crashes
and freezes on the PSP, Currently Coldbird said that he will remade the patch after
he is done with the PSP2 Infinity server...

No versions of the patch were released and he retired quite angry from the VITA scene
when a douche stole his CFW files for VITA and published them online... They were
still useless because they were encrypted...

After this no one has ever heard of coldbird in a few months I'm sure... And no one
knows for sure if he is still on the PSP Scene after that incident, And if he is... No one
knows if he is still working on "PRO C", "PRO C ONLINE" or the infinity translation...

Your best bet is to consider the translation dead and move on until coldbird pops up
somewhere or something like that...

Rozerem
Jan 1, 2013, 11:09 AM
As far to my knowing Coldbird is still working in the PSP scene with the Pro-client and Pro-C.I just happen to be a open beta tester along with my daughter so there is still work going on,but from what I saw when myself and my daughter tried to use the pro-client with PSP2i it does show the pro-chat and server is still up.We need atleast one more person to help since when we try to host single party we just keep walking like its an endless walk to Clad6.Coldbird didn't give up on the Pro-client or Pro-C so don't start assuming he just said **** it and left.If we can get more to test this then there might be some hope.Hell it even shows up on his site for "Who is playing what" if people would check it form time to time.>>
Reguards,
Soul Reaver.

Dark_Ansem
Jan 1, 2013, 11:30 AM
As far to my knowing Coldbird is still working in the PSP scene with the Pro-client and Pro-C.I just happen to be a beta tester along with my daughter so there is still work going on,but from what I saw when myself and my daughter tried to use the pro-client with PSP2i it does show the pro-chat and server is still up.We need atleast one more person to help since when we try to host single party we just keep walking like its an endless walk to Clad6.Coldbird didn't give up on the Pro-client or Pro-C so don't start assuming he just said **** it and left.If we can get more to test this then there might be some hope.Hell it even shows up on his site for "Who is playing what" if people would check it form time to time.>>
Reguards,
Soul Reaver.

I did no evn know there was a website!

JC200X
Jan 1, 2013, 10:20 PM
We need atleast one more person to help since when we try to host single party we just keep walking like its an endless walk to Clad6.

That might mean that Infinity isn't compatible with PRO Online yet. However, I also have the client, so I can help you guys test the game.

Rozerem
Jan 2, 2013, 05:18 PM
That might mean that Infinity isn't compatible with PRO Online yet. However, I also have the client, so I can help you guys test the game.
Sounds like a plan to me,I'll ask my daughter to get on it soon and I have some work to do on another server that's computer related.Whenever a good time is for you to give this beast a go just drop me a profile message on the times and we can get'er done!

Xaton
Jan 2, 2013, 07:47 PM
would help test and point out glitches and stuff but the techno babble of it probly wont know heads from tails lol.

Dark_Ansem
Mar 6, 2013, 03:10 AM
any news on this?

blace
Mar 6, 2013, 03:15 AM
You could ask him, but no, there isn't any update for the PSP scene aside from an old post about PRO.