PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Installation

Not Crazed
Jan 1, 2013, 01:12 PM
I have just moved all my PSO2 files onto my new computer from my laptop, and now im not sure how to install it lol

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,
Crazed

Not Crazed
Jan 1, 2013, 01:31 PM
Buuumppp

Crimson Exile
Jan 1, 2013, 01:39 PM
Last time I checked you couldn't play the game on a different PC from original. (I could be wrong though)

Also they don't allow you to download the game anymore outside of JP last time i checked.

Not Crazed
Jan 1, 2013, 01:40 PM
If i unisntall can i re-install it? SO this means i can never play pso2 again? :o

domokun1134
Jan 1, 2013, 01:44 PM
You can definitely play from 2 different PC's. I do it all the time. What it may do is e-mail you a code that you have to enter in order to log in but after the new computer is "registered" it works fine. I downloaded the game about a month ago onto a new PC and had no trouble, not sure if anything's changed since then.

Not Crazed
Jan 1, 2013, 01:47 PM
But i don't want to have to download it again because it would take at least 2 days to re-download, so i thought i could just move it over to the new PC, or is it not possible? :o

.Jack
Jan 1, 2013, 01:53 PM
Find the pso2launcher.exe file and open it?

Crimson Exile
Jan 1, 2013, 01:54 PM
That's the thing I don't think they allow downloads of the game outside of JP.
You can always check though. I don't have a clue about moving files, I have been on the same pc since beta.

domokun1134
Jan 1, 2013, 02:03 PM
I imagine trying to manually install it would be impossible. What I did was save the installer to a disc should I ever need to re-install, which of course I can't find right now otherwise I'd be willing to share. So I guess I'm screwed now should I ever need to reinstall too. :)

Not Crazed
Jan 1, 2013, 02:05 PM
@hc4: I tried that, it loads the launcher and then closes, so that didnt work

But, if i un-install can i re install without re downloading it? :l

.Jack
Jan 1, 2013, 02:10 PM
Did you run it as administrator?

Not Crazed
Jan 1, 2013, 02:14 PM
Yep, just tried that, didn't work :l

Not Crazed
Jan 1, 2013, 02:45 PM
I moved the files into a different area, and am now trying it out, will let you know how it goes.

Crazed

Not Crazed
Jan 1, 2013, 04:36 PM
What do i have to do to get rid of this error?

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii602/Not_Crazed/pso2error_zps28f7d965.png

Crimson Exile
Jan 1, 2013, 04:45 PM
reinstall game bro or go back to old pc

Not Crazed
Jan 1, 2013, 04:46 PM
but if i un-install the game, will i lose all my stuff, menaing that i have to download the game AND update again? :l

.Jack
Jan 1, 2013, 04:46 PM
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/d3dx9_43-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

Not Crazed
Jan 1, 2013, 04:58 PM
so will i lose all my stuff if i re-install, dont want to update and download all over again :l

.Jack
Jan 1, 2013, 05:19 PM
Try step 2 and 6.

Not Crazed
Anyone? :l

Nidramag
I took the files from a friend and put them on my portable hard drive, and they're still working for me, so there's that.

I'd say just re download it. Unless you had to download it from a mobile tether with an edge connection. I pity that.

Syklo
Jan 1, 2013, 07:21 PM
What do i have to do to get rid of this error?

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii602/Not_Crazed/pso2error_zps28f7d965.png

Simple solution: reinstall directX

Advanced solution: pinpoint this exact dll, download it (from a safe source) and copy it into the dll library (somewhere in system32, i htink)

zOObie1
Jan 1, 2013, 07:47 PM
I don't quite understand what you did. Did you just drag n drop the PSO2 folder from your laptop to your new computer? That's most likely not going to work if you want to play. You have to reinstall the game using the setup.bin files that you get from the downloader.exe.

The game should still be downloadable from outside of Japan. I just redownloaded it not too long ago.

Syklo
Jan 1, 2013, 07:51 PM
I don't quite understand what you did. Did you just drag n drop the PSO2 folder from your laptop to your new computer? That's most likely not going to work if you want to play. You have to reinstall the game using the setup.bin files that you get from the downloader.exe.

The game should still be downloadable from outside of Japan. I just redownloaded it not too long ago.
Ontop of that, use the current pso2 folder you would have and copy that over the "installed" folder to save yourself that 5.6gb of patch data.