PDA

View Full Version : Psp2: help needed! Character name color

Illuminado
Jan 3, 2013, 12:40 PM
Hello there. I was wondering if it would be at all possible to change the color of my change the color of my characters name to the default white color for phantasy star portable 2 US or JP. I was wanting to play infinity but I was informed that I would not be able to play on the server with a different color name since it's considered modding/hacking. If anyone can help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated

Noblewine
Jan 3, 2013, 12:54 PM
Hello there. I was wondering if it would be at all possible to change the color of my characters name to the default.

I'm not sure I understand your question. However, if want to go back to white text you probably should restart by erasing your character and start over. What exactly happened to change the color text for your name in the first place?

Illuminado
Jan 3, 2013, 01:03 PM
That's the last thing I would want to do. A while back when I was playing portable 2 online a hacker was going around and offering to change the color of peoples names. I thought I would be neat to have my name displayed in the color cyan so I asked to have it changed. I didn't realize until now that having your name be a different color other than the default white color while playing infinity is not allowed and is considered hacking. I was wondering if anyone would be able to use the same procedure that was used to change my name color to change it back to the default white color. I'm currently level 113 completely legit and I don't want to have to start over!

Noblewine
Jan 3, 2013, 01:43 PM
Restarting is an option but the best thing to do before is to back up your data when dealing with stuff like that.
If you leave your name as is people might shun you unless the name change was the only mod used on your character.

JC200X
Jan 3, 2013, 11:37 PM
I once restarted with another character when I dropped my first character, who was a human male at level 126. It doesn't take very long to reattain level 113, especially if you plan on playing Infinity online anyway.

PhantasmalCat
Jan 5, 2013, 03:43 PM
I might be able to help you. I've never actually modded anybody's name except my own before, still I think it can be done.

Ame
Jan 5, 2013, 08:33 PM
i can modify names too,but i do it mostly offline and not online since it goes against my morals and persona.i only did my own or if a friend asked me to fix there character if it got leveled by accident to 200 and they want there original level back.i do it mostly for fun and i do not like to show off like most of the online modded community.

Illuminado
Jan 6, 2013, 02:37 PM
If anyone can help that would be great. Just let me know what you need and il gladly provide it. If you can do it for a JP PSP2 save that would work better, but if u can only do it on US PSP2 thats fine too.

Orohu
Jan 24, 2013, 02:10 PM
I could try, I guess? Just let me know when you are able to get on, your character's name (Exactly the same capitalization, ect) and the exact same colors each letter is (if it isn't all cyan).\

For the record, I haven't ever modified the game's memory or used a modified save while online, but considering you're a legitimate player with a modded name, I guess I could give it a try. Just back up your save file in case I mess up.