PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ramarl

steamcat89
Jan 4, 2013, 07:51 PM
hey everyone i was just wondering if ramarls are a good choice for soloing ep. 1 &2

gigawuts
Jan 4, 2013, 08:04 PM
It's an excellent choice. It's arguably the best, too, between its level 20 buffs&debuffs (and offensive techs too) plus the advantage of ranged attacks.

HUnewearl makes an excellent alternative for close range weaponry.

steamcat89
Jan 4, 2013, 08:19 PM
cool thanks. i usually run racaseals, but i thought id try ramarl, and so far im liking her, but what offensive techs work best with them tho?

Agastya
Jan 4, 2013, 09:20 PM
ramarl is a goddess.

any idiot can pick up a spread needle/shotgun and clear a quest.

Crazyleo
Jan 5, 2013, 02:12 AM
cool thanks. i usually run racaseals, but i thought id try ramarl, and so far im liking her, but what offensive techs work best with them tho?

I find that any RA level spell works wonders; especially Razonde and Rabarte.

T0m
Jan 5, 2013, 03:45 AM
It's all relative, I suppose. They have level 20 techs and decent MST, but they can't compare with any of the Forces when it comes to tech damage. In any case, I rarely use offensive techs when I solo with my Ramarl.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 5, 2013, 07:52 AM
Only offensive techs you can find useful on a RAmarl is Rabarta if you get closed in by a pack of enemies that you can't hold off with a shotgun or spread needle. For the rest just use your guns and Shifta/Deband. Kinda all you ever need~

Dana
Jan 6, 2013, 03:02 AM
RAmarl was the best solo character throughout all of PSOGC and BB. She was the most powerful ranger and on blueburst she was effectively the most powerful hunter.

Only offensive techs you can find useful on a RAmarl is Rabarta if you get closed in by a pack of enemies that you can't hold off with a shotgun or spread needle. For the rest just use your guns and Shifta/Deband. Kinda all you ever need~

Gifoie has its uses. At lower levels, and in higher difficulty arears, J/Z are also, of course, very useful.

Early on it's effective to try and find a demon's/Devil's weapon (Rifle/handgun type weapon with hit%). In episode 2, a Hell weapon can slice through most things.

That is until you become powerful enough to OHKO with Mechs. Red Mechguns or any high power mechs are useful. Charge Vulcans can be bought from shops with 50% hit. They were cheap but effective.

All in all. You cannot get better than a RAmarl for soloing. There really is no discussion there.

gigawuts
Jan 6, 2013, 04:54 AM
S&D + J&Z, or more specifically D+Z, can turn a 2-hit death into a 2-crit survival, and a 1 crit death into a 1 crit survival.

Nothing like fleeing a room of two sreds because your deband just wore off.

S+J also seriously amp up your damage.

Honestly, the one single weakness to RAmarl is it doesn't have passive TP regeneration when you go AFK, but there's a unit for that that'll even work when you're moving (It just won't be even a fraction as fast as newman regeneration at higher levels, which does get crazy good).

RAmarl is by far the better option for easy soloing, but HUnewearl is still there next to it as a fun option if you want to hack and slash things instead. Honestly? I'd do both. They're both fun.

T0m
Jan 6, 2013, 06:09 AM
You probably meant the Shifta + Zalure, and Deband + Jellen combinations. ;]

gigawuts
Jan 6, 2013, 06:17 AM
Oh, I probably did.

steamcat89
Jan 9, 2013, 08:36 PM
awsome, thanx for the feed back everyone, i definitly think i made the right choice of character. i just gotta get used to using techs lol

T0m
Jan 10, 2013, 03:11 AM
You'll get used to it in no time. Casting Shifta and Deband becomes second nature. It helps that even level 20 S/D lasts a good while. You won't have to use Jellen and Zalure constantly.