PDA

View Full Version : GC Internet time

Caledonia
Jan 6, 2013, 05:21 PM
I just had a serious run of materials between beats 580-602.

This is Pinkal, Ultimate, forest 2:

3x Mind Materials
2x Def Materials
1x Evade Material

Six materials in about three rooms (and a Luminous Field)

Anyone else noticed runs of items/drops/rare mobs at specific times? I'm willing to concede the mind mats may have had more to do with the Pinkal class -but six overall?

T0m
Jan 7, 2013, 04:33 AM
For better or worse, Internet time has no effect on drops.

Drops are random, and randomness is clumpy. Meaning there will be times you won't find anything good, and times when you will find several things that you want. In your case, the latter happened to be between beats 580 and 602. When this run of materials happened, you noticed the internet time and the human mind likes to make connections. But you might as well have correlated it with your current playstyle, weapon use, actual time or with the underwear you were wearing at the time. ;]

Caledonia
Jan 7, 2013, 08:38 AM
But you might as well have correlated it with your current playstyle, weapon use, actual time or with the underwear you were wearing at the time. ;]

Huh, I obviously fell victim to the rumour mill.

Oh well, as I am human I'll correlate it to the fact I was eating a box of chocolates and drinking coffee at the time =D

Thanks for clearing that up :)

DC_PLAYER
Jan 7, 2013, 03:51 PM
There was once a website of a PSO player that kept track of all the finds he did and he tagged the finds with the beat time.
You might think "maybe with that info we can relate both" but no, the numbers were pretty much random, meaning that you can find rares at all times no matter the beat time.

I also have my share of unusual drops, some were way too odd not to remember, but as beat time goes, not related.