PDA

View Full Version : How is the GC version these days ?

MORB
Mar 31, 2003, 06:55 AM
Hello,

Now that I bought a GC for soulcalibur II, I'm one step farther toward playing PSO again. Looking at PSO screenshots turned out to be a bad idea, as I'm now about decided to buy it.

I just want to know what kind of mess awaits me online. How cheated is the gamecube version ? There's dupes I take it, from what I've read here and there. Are there really offensive cheats ? (like char deletion, codes for uber powerful rares, hacked skills, 10 lines long chat bubble that spans all over the screen and whatnot)
Did they add an ignore option that would be really useful to deal with the immature half-litterate crap-talking people cluttering the lobbies ?

Fang
Mar 31, 2003, 07:46 AM
Eh, the only problems I've seen happen to my friends is them always getting FSOD. I can't go online so I don't know if it is bad or not..

BonusKun
Apr 1, 2003, 12:43 AM
On 2003-03-31 03:55, MORB wrote:
I just want to know what kind of mess awaits me online. How cheated is the gamecube version ? There's dupes I take it, from what I've read here and there.

Well in a nutshell, It's nowhere bad as this.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46115&forum=4&16

IceBlink
Apr 1, 2003, 01:29 AM
Hello,

Hey! Remember to come in red, because the REDCOATS ARE COMING! XD

Now that I bought a GC for soulcalibur II, I'm one step farther toward playing PSO again. Looking at PSO screenshots turned out to be a bad idea, as I'm now about decided to buy it.

Heh. I brought a gamecube on impulse, and I'm still not quite sure why to this day...

I just want to know what kind of mess awaits me online. How cheated is the gamecube version ? There's dupes I take it, from what I've read here and there. Are there really offensive cheats ? (like char deletion, codes for uber powerful rares, hacked skills, 10 lines long chat bubble that spans all over the screen and whatnot)
Did they add an ignore option that would be really useful to deal with the immature half-litterate crap-talking people cluttering the lobbies ?

Hmmm. Action Replay forum says no PSO codes were made, so at the moment, there's no deliberate attacking other characters in any way...

The only bad thing at the moment is all the dupes floating around, but at least their percents aren't jacked up high. There was a dupe method which got fixed, I think, but I can't be certain...

C-mode, there's a bug which resets your techs and material usage if things go weird during C9, so it's always best to use a level 1 character designed for c-mode...

Hmmm. Apart from that, things have been adjust around so v2 and v3 weapons don't vary too much... and hit materials are gone, so remember to build a mag with dex now... ^_^;

Word select, there is one which builds up four lines of text or so (not including name)... but I can't remember it...

Soul Calibur II. I should go get the import of that. Hehe.

Anyway, welcome back. o_O

Getintothegame
Apr 1, 2003, 02:32 AM
On 2003-03-31 21:43, BonusKun wrote:

I just want to know what kind of mess awaits me online. How cheated is the gamecube version ? There's dupes I take it, from what I've read here and there.

Well in a nutshell, It's nowhere bad as this.

Ummmm... that's XBOX.

IceBlink
Apr 1, 2003, 06:00 AM
Getintothegame, read the sentence again please.

"Well in a nutshell, It's nowhere bad as this."

Just... think about it for a moment and you'll understand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2003-04-01 03:01 ]</font>

Wewt
Apr 1, 2003, 06:02 AM
On 2003-04-01 03:00, IceBlink wrote:
Just... think about it for a moment and you'll understand.

You beat me to it, you ass!

IceBlink
Apr 1, 2003, 06:09 AM
On 2003-04-01 03:02, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
You beat me to it, you ass!

Of course I did. I'm TEH BLINK OF ICE!

BonusKun
Apr 3, 2003, 01:54 PM
Dayam,
And I used to think Loyalty among sarcastic people wasn't possible. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Logical2u
Apr 7, 2003, 06:24 PM
Well, Its going good. I havent good FSOD or BSOD or any of those other things once! (ok maybe once) Dupers, I am not so sure of. I think it is stil prominent since (i think) all console have same servers.I believe you should just STAY AWAY from lvl 1 characters in games called RARES 4TRD.
However, lobby traffic is promininent if you try to go into VEGA1... just so you know.