PDA

View Full Version : Hunter / Anything?

AnonEMister
Jan 9, 2013, 04:10 PM
Title says it all? I don't know how to name it anyway else. I'm just restarting my way onto PSO2 and such, and don't really know what to use as a sub-class.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?iYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkebkbqogQfGD In00000ib00000ib5200000Ib00004OI2ds00009b00000f

Those are my trees.
I did search through out the other guides and threads, but somehow they keep turning into stats and number fights about some other class or a weapon...so...yeah. Any feedback would be helpful

UnLucky
Jan 9, 2013, 04:41 PM
You can unlock Fighter now and either switch to it as your main class for some new weapon types or sub it for more damage on your Hunter.

Or if you want techs, sub Force for now and get Techer later. They won't deal much damage on their own, but you gain a lot of utility. Plus easy access to buffs and free heals.

If ya got a bouquet or somethin, you can Weak Bullet things with a Ranger sub. That's always good. Or even Jellen Shot.

MetalDude
Jan 9, 2013, 04:53 PM
Assuming these are all your current levels.

As a general statement, stat investments outside of tree progression are never really the best way to spend points, even if you have nothing else to put them in.

For HU: Offensively, fill out both JA Bonus 1 and 2. They make a tremendous difference in damage and will only get better over time. Fury Stance investment will decrease in value as weapons get stronger so it's up to you as to whether you want pure damage or would rather put into something else (Iron Will is great accident prevention).

For RA: Incredibly straightforward; avoid tool junk. The only real decision here is going for 10/10 in Weak Bullet and leftover points (mostly put into DEX after everything's said and done, if you want). RA's dive roll is rather poor and I've heard decent things about the extra frames. Entirely up to you after filling out Weak Hit Advance 1 and 2.

For FO: Already going down the right road. You could go pure fire or maybe spread and pick up Bolt Tech PP Save (really useful considering the number of Lightning-weak enemies).

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 9, 2013, 05:00 PM
Fighter would be the most solid sub, though the other way around (Fighter/Hunter) is arguably better as Hunter has better all-class weaponry. Fighter's Brave/Wise Stance are the biggest reason to have that in your class combo.

Ranger and Gunner have their gimmicks (Weak Bullet and Attack PP Restorate/Chain Trigger), but other than that they don't lend very much to your personal damage output so it would be better left to another person in a group situation.

Force/Techer subs more of the same: decent support options (and for Techer a few PP restoring skills/passives) but otherwise doesn't directly benefit your Hunter. Until you get Fighter up to speed you may as well sub Force to your Hunter.