PDA

View Full Version : What makes an 'Elite' Arks member?

Angelo
Jan 10, 2013, 09:09 AM
Well the developers said they wanted the community to figure it out, so why not give it a shot?

I'm starting this because I was genuinely surprised that I was eligible for abduction considering that I'm a pretty casual player.

So here's a rundown of my character:

Played 630 hours
Playing since the Alpha
Bought over 10000 AC since July
My character is:
-Hunter 49
-Fighter 45
-Ranger 1
-Force 17
I don't use any 10* gear, but all of my units have at least Stamina III on them
35 friends on my list
Never done any of the Story Quests
Did one Matter Board before I got bored of it.
Have done a total of 1 TA
Never been in any of the rankings
No outstanding stats aside from my defenses and HP.
Have been part of a very non-active Team for about 4 months.

So does anyone have any ideas?

Husq
Jan 10, 2013, 09:29 AM
My guess is either killed over a specific numbers of enemies or completed a number quests with s-ranking. But of course it may just be unlocking very hard difficulty.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 09:33 AM
my girlfriend just got that message on her level 30/20 character (and she got it while levelling the sub, so that's 20/30). I don't think it has to do anything with unlocking difficulties or areas either. It might be something as simpleas S-ranking some TAs, even if they're not VH.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 09:45 AM
my girlfriend just got that message on her level 30/20 character (and she got it while levelling the sub, so that's 20/30). I don't think it has to do anything with unlocking difficulties or areas either. It might be something as simpleas S-ranking some TAs, even if they're not VH.
Never S-ranked TAs (only played the forest and desert TAs once or twice and never bothered with TAs again) and I got the message too.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 09:47 AM
It could actually do with something more subtle, like killing a Falz? I got that message on my main (which I've done pretty much everything except finishing the Matter Board and story missions), but not on my alt which is a level 20 that never did any EM, except maybe a couple forests/cities.

It would make sense, that darkers consider "elite" characters who defeated their supposed boss.

Alenoir
Jan 10, 2013, 09:49 AM
- Played 1400+ hours
- Quest clear 2200
- S Rank clear 1993
- HU 46 FI 46 RA 50 GU 10 FO 50 TE 36
- Somewhere in Matterboard 7, one nod left on 6 for 100%, everything else 100%'d
- All TA on all difficulties cleared with S

Forgot to look at my kill count but it's above 100k. (Got the title for that.)

Nothing happened to me for all the 50 or so times I tried to VH TA -> normal countdown -> retake TA. Will probably try more tonight.

Gama
Jan 10, 2013, 09:51 AM
what message?

NoiseHERO
Jan 10, 2013, 09:57 AM
what message?

You're off the team.

WBMike
Jan 10, 2013, 10:02 AM
I'm a level 36 Gunner / 31 Ranger and a Level 40 hunter. I didn't get the message. Also I did not clear the VH Unlocking Client Order. I did S Rank the Forest TA quest on Normal though.

jooozek
Jan 10, 2013, 10:20 AM
I'm gonna say it again: never, never ever, cleared any Time Attack on the account on which I got this message.

Raymee
Jan 10, 2013, 10:27 AM
I think it's just random.

Will_Nonheim
Jan 10, 2013, 10:33 AM
I'll just try levelling my Alt a bit more. When she gets the message, perhaps I can theorize what makes a character "Elite" better.

Also, it's not a single Falz kill. She killed a few instances of Arms and Elder already.

Rien
Jan 10, 2013, 10:41 AM
I think Coffee's message does not mean that you are eligible for abduction. I think it's sent to everyone who clears a certain level (edit: or maybe not, people still telling me it's unlocking VH).

When you receive this message and clear a quest, upon return to the campship it says

"The following quest has been unlocked: ????????"

This should tell you that you are elite o.o

Will_Nonheim
Jan 10, 2013, 10:48 AM
That "unlock" message's a glitch. I can tell it's not a sign of Elite status; my main got it AND an Elite status message, but my Alt only got the unlock with no sign of Elite.
The Elite stuff is a mention made by Koffie if you try going into a mission after acquiring Elite status.

(Though personally, I think it's just that the developers forgot to hide their "unlock" of the mission itself, as in, how it's added to the list of do-able missions. Still cannot happen without the separate "Elite" mention though).

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 10:52 AM
Uh, that coffee message, then, is what counts?

I got it as soon as I logged in with my main (as well as the ??????? message), but for my girlfriend's alt, she got that ??????? message after clearing a quest, not inmediately after logging in. And I didn't get such message yet with my own alt.

I'm confuzzled.

Rien
Jan 10, 2013, 10:56 AM
I made a new character today, so maybe I might get to the bottom of this.

Will_Nonheim
Jan 10, 2013, 10:58 AM
I got the ???? message first time I tried to go to the counter to start a quest in both cases. Basically when the game first looked into mission unlocks. The other opportunity IS usually at the end of quests. It's just the game's mechanics.
EX 1: Finish Survey mission? Unlock next mission at campship.
EX 2 : Finish Matter Board details adding to Story Mode? Unlock next mission at mission counter when next visited.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 11:06 AM
To give more details, when I logged in first after the patch with my main, I talked with Coffee and then got the "????????" message. Then I walked around, to the middle of the lobby, maybe, and got her cut-in popping up which I assume it was the "you're elite!" message. All without starting a single quest.

With my alt, a level 20, I did some missions and didn't get ANY message, even after talking with Coffee, as I unlocked a couple COs from her (for subclass and subpalette). My girlfriend, in the other hand, got the "??????" message on her alt (a level 30/20) after finishing the first tundra Arks quest (which she had done already and unlocked the free tundra quest, but was my first). But she didn't get the other message yet.

Reiketsu
Jan 10, 2013, 11:09 AM
I got the ????? quest message as well when checking the mission counter for the first time, after updating. However, the message from Koffee was a different story.
I did the new emergency 2 times and after that went to block 40 for a Ruins run, and while I was running through the lobby, my character suddenly stopped moving.
Thought the game was about to crash, since I couldn't do shit while everyone around me kept moving.
And then, like 1 1/2 minutes later, Koffee suddenly talked to me, lol

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah, to me it triggered when I was in the middle of the counter area, in front of the middle warp to the shop area. It didn't take much time to pop out, but it seems it triggered at a certain position in the lobby.

Jakosifer
Jan 10, 2013, 11:14 AM
It was the first time Koffee had talked to me in a while. I was so happy when she popped up for both of my main characters. Of course, she's all business... I always fall for the frigid ones.

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 11:16 AM
Lol, then you go to the counter and she doesn't have anything new for you. Cold b*tch.

Alenoir
Jan 10, 2013, 12:01 PM
The "The following quest have been unlocked: ???????" message is a glitch that's not supposed to show up, and this happens to everyone I believe. (That's the darker nest kidnap quest's name as it appears on your record.)

The note from Koffee about Arks clones and whatnot is said to happen after you unlock VH.

raiden55
Jan 10, 2013, 10:36 PM
I'm starting this because I was genuinely surprised that I was eligible for abduction considering that I'm a pretty casual player.

Okay I'm lost here.
OP talk about abduction itself.
99% of the posts here talk about Koffie message, which may not be linked.
so does the OP got the quest being abducted, or is he also talking about Koffie only ?

~Inu~
Jan 10, 2013, 10:40 PM
Being elite means triggering the low, low chance of getting the Den when you clear a mission and go to TA alone. Therefore, you will die.
They don't call them darkers for nothing.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 11:08 PM
I shall contribute but too lazy to type out my stats. So:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/rSBKm.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Also, got the koffie message AND the ?????? unlock as soon as i logged in and headed for quest counter, respectively.

Coatl
Jan 10, 2013, 11:55 PM
guise i'm l33t and I have more deaths than anyone else I know. ._.
Like, I'm talking 1.5k deaths. Got the elite status. :v

goldwing
Jan 11, 2013, 12:41 AM
I got a message. Not abduted yet. Iv only cleared two tas. Mains lvl 46 subs 42 and i hadnt cleared the ruins free yet. Iv been playing from cbt. If i get abducted ill b sure to post it as a vid. Also iv never s ranked ta.

untrustful
Jan 11, 2013, 01:51 AM
Maybe it has to do with how many titles you unlock?

Darki
Jan 11, 2013, 02:04 AM
guise i'm l33t and I have more deaths than anyone else I know. ._.
Like, I'm talking 1.5k deaths. Got the elite status. :v

Gotta check that, but I'm absolutely certain that I beat you on that.

Me dying at the most stupid and hilarious moments, a high number of times, is a running gag already between my friends. ._.

Alenoir
Jan 11, 2013, 02:47 AM
Maybe it has to do with how many titles you unlock?

Kinda doubt it, but for the record, I unlocked 84.

Puppet_Papaya
Jan 11, 2013, 01:09 PM
I just got the Koffee message. Just S ranked an Inbound Dark Arms, about to jump into the portal on the next. Level 25 ranger, haven't unlocked VH yet or completed any TA. Hrmmm...

Z-0
Jan 11, 2013, 01:14 PM
Oh, if anyone hasn't read yet:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-the-mystery-behind-the-abduction-event/

As Ricardo has stated, it's most likely linked to the Time Attack quests and actually doing well. I also don't think this just means rank alone, as I've been doing a lot of solo Naberius lately with lots of S-Ranks, but I still haven't been abducted. . .

The Walrus
Jan 11, 2013, 01:22 PM
It could have to do with overall time being below a certain amount.

WBMike
Jan 11, 2013, 01:34 PM
Oh, if anyone hasn't read yet:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-the-mystery-behind-the-abduction-event/

As Ricardo has stated, it's most likely linked to the Time Attack quests and actually doing well. I also don't think this just means rank alone, as I've been doing a lot of solo Naberius lately with lots of S-Ranks, but I still haven't been abducted. . .

Also to add to this, don't look at his hint as something you HAVE to do in order to get it. As someone commented on the wiki "公式ブログにて、TA周回で確率アップみたいな雰囲気なことを書かれてますね" This sounds as if he's implying that in order to boost your chances, you should go around doing TA quests. This isn't necessarily limited to only TA, as people on the wiki claimed to have gotten it by doing Za oodan and even Falz Hunar EQ.

Some ideas floating around on the wiki:

Continuously S clear Time Attack Quests.
S clear several TA quests, afterwards, keep restarting the Time Attack quest after the countdown until you get it.
S Clear several quests, (not necessarily TA Quests), then try restarting TA quests after the countdown.

I'm guessing we're getting closer to finding a way to at least boost our chances of getting it.

Z-0
Jan 11, 2013, 01:47 PM
My entire team has been trying to "farm" for Den since it was released by S-Ranking different quests and trying to do TA after each one. None of us have been abducted. This method of "farming" must have a really low chance, so I don't really recommend it.

I've tried S-Ranking several TA quests myself and continuously trying after the countdown, but no go...

I've not really tried just playing TA for a while though. I've done some solo TAs, but not a really large number of them to see if the chances are higher than others. Running with a team now so we'll how results are.

NoiseHERO
Jan 11, 2013, 01:52 PM
I've just been playing the game normally knowing that this will only be just as painful as rare weapon hunting. >_>

And by normally I mean just doing daily TACOs and EMQs that are relevant to my interests.

Also is it confirmed wheather or not the whole party/any party member/or just the leader as to be considered "Elite." And does Koffee ONLY tell you once? Or does it have to be same day?

Ezodagrom
Jan 11, 2013, 01:56 PM
And does Koffee ONLY tell you once? Or does it have to be same day?
Koffie only tells you once per character.

Neith
Jan 11, 2013, 02:36 PM
What if this ends up being the 'how do you unseal SJS' of PSO2 :lol: (That was completely unknown for a long time until the kill counter was discovered).

I'm 48/28 RA/GU, never S-Ranked a TA in my life and I got the message from Koffee. Hopefully this gets discovered soon, restarting TA over and over again is boring as hell.

BIG OLAF
Jan 11, 2013, 04:49 PM
I think they need alternate methods of getting abducted, since some people (including myself, as I've said) dislike doing TA missions....especially x times in a row. That's fucking stupid; I'm not subjecting myself to that garbage.