PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Language Barrier?

Sarthraa
Jan 10, 2013, 09:28 AM
Hey guys, I looked around and I found a few relatively cheap copies of PSP2i, and I was looking to import one. My concern, however, is the language barrier. My knowledge of Japanese is absolutely zero, so I was wondering how difficult this game would be, considering I have played PSP2 for almost 100 hours?

On a side note, is it worth importing to begin with?

JC200X
Jan 10, 2013, 11:58 AM
My concern, however, is the language barrier. My knowledge of Japanese is absolutely zero, so I was wondering how difficult this game would be, considering I have played PSP2 for almost 100 hours?

You pretty much already know how the game works with that amount of time. You'll just need to learn how the new bosses and downloadable missions are done, which aren't very difficult. Based on my experience, the Japanese players don't mind having an English player join as long as you play properly (No early chain-breaking and such).

On a side note, is it worth importing to begin with?

The answer to that depends on how often you've played PSP2 or are planning to play Infinity. Several aspects of the game are improved and Infinity's servers are much more active compared to NA/EU's PSP2 server at peak times. The best part is that it's monitored, so the servers are devoid of cheaters 99% of the time.

Sarthraa
Jan 10, 2013, 12:14 PM
The answer to that depends on how often you've played PSP2 or are planning to play Infinity. Several aspects of the game are improved and Infinity's servers are much more active compared to NA/EU's PSP2 server at peak times. The best part is that it's monitored, so the servers are devoid of cheaters 99% of the time.

This alone makes it more worth-while for me. Also, is there any such thing as a Little Wing Licence, or did they do away with that from PSP2? I didn't really like that it required a code for free online play.

blace
Jan 10, 2013, 12:31 PM
This alone makes it more worth-while for me. Also, is there any such thing as a Little Wing Licence, or did they do away with that from PSP2? I didn't really like that it required a code for free online play.
Sega of Japan and Sony there are not slouches when it comes to online security, you will need a new copy of the UMD or purchase the game via PSN.

JC200X
Jan 10, 2013, 12:59 PM
As blace has stated. Despite what the main menu says, the Little Wing License isn't required at all in order to play on the NA/EU's PSP2 server. Hence all of those colorful names and fake level 200s you find there.

However, the Infinity License is required to play online in Infinity.