PDA

View Full Version : Highly suspicious quest...

Hrith
Mar 31, 2003, 10:16 AM
That is the offline quest Soul of Steel, does anyone know if there's something to do in it beside completing it.

This quest is composed of Mine 2 & Ruins 3. In mines 2, there are 2 useless huge terminals ; in Ruins 3, there are 2 useless small terminals -- severely guarded, btw. And at one point, the MAG Cell ELENOR gives you evolves (this is NOT compulsory).

I'm dead certain there's something we don't know about this quest...

Piro-Skies
Mar 31, 2003, 10:22 AM
There's a way to get an extended ending (instead of the mail at the end of the quest).

Not sure if that's what you mean though.

-Piro Skies

Hrith
Mar 31, 2003, 10:45 AM
OK but how ?

Malkavian
Mar 31, 2003, 01:03 PM
if you have done the Sue/bernie quests stuff Sue will appear in the quest and then the mag elenor gave you can evolve into Elenor Mag. But there's no known way to obtain it.

FluxGryphon
Mar 31, 2003, 05:57 PM
Elenor's Mag looks really cool (other than the fact that it's PINK). I just got the extended "good" ending today. Other than a lot of story development, there isn't anything you really gain from the quest (that I know of anyway).

I spoke in depth about how and when to get the Mag Cell to evolve (hopefully minimizing spoilers) here:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=44560&forum=7&5.

Aurra
Mar 31, 2003, 06:07 PM
I think someone posted about the HUmar NPC in this quest dropping his Agito 2001 when you beat him? I haven't tried it though so I don't have any proof.

FluxGryphon
Mar 31, 2003, 06:14 PM
I'd be more interested in checking out that rumor if he dropped an Agito 1975 instead of 2001. (I already have two of those without stats. *twirls a finger*)

Personally, I think the quest is worth playing through at least once just because it adds the most story to the game than any other quest. It makes it more clear too why Ash and the other Hunters are running around in the Ruins in the "From the Depths" quest. 'sides, the NPC's also actually kick butt! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif