PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of NEWBIE questions.

SLIK
Mar 31, 2003, 11:28 AM
Ok i just started playing PSO for GC on Friday I have a few questions. Is there a real differsnce between the modem and the broadband adaptor? Are more people switching to X-box or staying on GC? Is cheating really a huge problem? And finally can you go to Japanese and European ships on the GC one like the DC one?

Mik2121
Mar 31, 2003, 11:32 AM
The BBA only downloads the quests faster than te modem.

No, everybody from GC, stays there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I don't know, but i hope it isn't.

Yes!, but only if you active the 60Hz mode http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

SLIK
Mar 31, 2003, 11:37 AM
Is it true that most of the Forces dont even help everyone else? I heard that there ar barly any forces who support the others.

Raist
Mar 31, 2003, 11:38 AM
Cheating isn't that bad, its limited to duping which makes it a haven compared to the Dreamcasts versions. Online about every other players has a duped Double Cannon, BKB, or Guld Milla, but at least nobody is NOLing you.

SLIK
Mar 31, 2003, 12:05 PM
Why are people complaining about corruption what is it?

Krank40oz
Mar 31, 2003, 01:55 PM
Cheating isnt that big of a deal, i mean they all duped and everytone trading shit for it so just let it go at that!

Tulathis
Mar 31, 2003, 02:12 PM
Why are people complaining about corruption what is it?
Corruption is when your memory card's save file becomes corrupt and unusable. This forces you to delete the file and thus your character. It's generally only a problem if you are using a non-official memory card, though it has been know to happen to official memory cards.

Cheating isnt that big of a deal, i mean they all duped and everytone trading shit for it so just let it go at that!
He wasn't talking about moral corruption. There's another board if you want to talk about cheating.

blaketx11
Mar 31, 2003, 02:12 PM
In my experience (lvl 35) FO's overwhelmingly help their teammates. They don't have much of a choice really, seeing as how when they heal themselves, they heal us as well..
Having such a low HP tends to put them out of harms way so it's our duty as HU/RA's to take all the hits:D.

Raist
Mar 31, 2003, 02:41 PM
On 2003-03-31 11:12, J-3PO wrote:
He wasn't talking about moral corruption. There's another board if you want to talk about cheating.

Read the first post, he asked how bad cheating was online.

Tulathis
Mar 31, 2003, 02:51 PM
Oops, sorry Krank. I thought you were responding to the post above you, not the original. Although I disagree that cheating isn't a big deal. As in the previous incarnation of the game, cheating will only get worse and worse until it ruins the game for pretty much everyone.

IceBlink
Mar 31, 2003, 03:01 PM
On 2003-03-31 08:37, SLIK wrote:
Is it true that most of the Forces dont even help everyone else? I heard that there ar barly any forces who support the others.

Unfortunately, from what I've seen, the ratio of non-helping forces seem to be greater than those who do. By the "non-help", I mean that they use overpowered techs to wipe out enemies, ensuring they get highest exp than the team, and more often than not, will kill the enemy before teammates get the chance to hit.

This seems to stem from characters using overpowered weapons to kill stuff before forces get a chance to, so it's sort of become a race, I guess... o_O

Derkin
Mar 31, 2003, 03:43 PM
Unfortunately, from what I've seen, the ratio of non-helping forces seem to be greater than those who do. By the "non-help", I mean that they use overpowered techs to wipe out enemies, ensuring they get highest exp than the team, and more often than not, will kill the enemy before teammates get the chance to hit.

This seems to stem from characters using overpowered weapons to kill stuff before forces get a chance to, so it's sort of become a race, I guess... o_O

None of you must have ever played with my FOmar. L30 S/D and J/Z always active and I use Vulcans. Soon I'll be using an SRank Twin. Screw Rafoie and gimme mechs!

BTW IceBlink, Shaftstop is better. >_> *wonders if his assumption is right*

Joe-Azlin
Mar 31, 2003, 03:57 PM
if ur a force jsut cast shifta/deband/jellen/zalure and u dont even have 2 do enthign else the whole game cuz when u cast jellen or is it zalure..........oh well one of them jsut gives u exp automatically once u cast it on an enemy lol so its all good.

Phelan
Mar 31, 2003, 06:20 PM
Shaftstop is overrated.... but anyways, I am just a PSOX (xbox PSO) will be player chiming in. Letting you know there will be people playing the xbox version if you ever are pondering joining the dark side http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Eagle
Mar 31, 2003, 07:11 PM
Yes cheating is bad but I hear that Sega put in a patch to prevent it if thats true all the dupes will eventually be lost to corruption and such.Speaking of corruption I here there is a way to avoid it.

1.switch memory cards to one NOT corrupted do NOT hit yes!

2.Start a game online with any character on the othe r memory card

...switch and viola!

IceBlink
Mar 31, 2003, 08:49 PM
... but Shaftstop isn't a song like Iceblink Luck is!

Anyway, the force thing, some are reluctant to use support techs. Why? Because the people in the game are using duped weapons which do a good enough job of it anyway. If they seem to be trying to piss off everyone else by using them, why bother with any support techs? o_O

TCZid
Apr 1, 2003, 10:40 AM
On 2003-03-31 12:43, Derkin wrote:

None of you must have ever played with my FOmar. L30 S/D and J/Z always active and I use Vulcans. Soon I'll be using an SRank Twin. Screw Rafoie and gimme mechs!

BTW IceBlink, Shaftstop is better. >_> *wonders if his assumption is right*

Hes not saying ALL fos are bad, Like me I've beena fo all of my dc, and gc pso life. and I am, to what I think the best fo on there but thats kinda conceded lol... (jk) and Every force, they ust are a copy. I remember at the begining of pso online everyone said fo's suck. Well guess what I was one of those "Sucky" fos... And now look on pso 60% of the characters are fo's

kokei
Apr 1, 2003, 01:29 PM
Iceblink and shaftstop are horrible, Trang-Ouls for me!

I play a hunter and generally take group leader to, so it's my job to make sure everyone gets XP so if that means me standing in fron of 5 or 6 Delsabers while the Force hits them with Foie, then i'll do it..

But as for forces..
My Fiancee plays a Force, and she has trouble with De Ra Le (yes we all hate him very much) but for bosses like Dark Falz and Volt Opt, she has no trouble, so we learn to work together (screwey huh?)
Most Forces i've met online agree to this

...oh and i'm not that well equipped (Flowens Sword+9, Dragons Armor, etc) so i'm not up to one hit killing just yet..

TCZid
Apr 2, 2003, 12:55 AM
I am a FOmar, and I ususally take the lead in my team, I can kill any EP1 boss easily.