PDA

View Full Version : Status of Magic

momoka
Jan 13, 2013, 05:28 AM
Hi,
I just have some small question about the Statuses Enemy's can receive through Magic Spells. What are they all doing? I mean some are straightforward.

Fire -> Burn = Does Damage over time
Frost ->Freeze = Freezes small Enemy's Solid
Lightning ->Shock = ?Enemy's Can't attack you?
Wind ->Mirage = ???
Holy ->Panic = ?It doesn't make Enemy's run around uncontrollable
Dark ->Poison = Does Damage over time

I didn't find anything about that. Thanks for the insight.

Uh, one more thing i would like to know. What are those Talents/Skills doing, where in the description it says:

Sword Gear : Gives Access to the Sword Gear

I mean, as a Hunter i can already use Swords. So what do that Talent/Skill do? Like every Class has that as well.

Kondibon
Jan 13, 2013, 05:59 AM
Burn does damage and spreads between enemies if they get too close to eachother.
Freeze is obvious like you said.
Shock causes enemies to stagger or fall down randomly.
Mirage causes enemy attacks to randomly not connect, it's pretty random.
Panic causes enemies to agro eachother occasionally.
Poison does more damage over time than burn but doesn't spread.

The gears add a bar above your attack/pa section on your hud. Basically depending on the weapon you do do things to fill the bar for secondary effects.

Sword gear causes certain PAs to charge faster, hit more times, or have bigger AoEs etc. It's charged by hitting things and slowly decreases over time, it has 3 sections and the more sections are full the greater the effect.

Partisan Gear is charged by guarding or waiting out the flourish at the end of attacks. It increases the range of partisan PAs and doesn't decrease over time, instead each section counts for one PA

Wired lance gear is like partisan gear, but charges by doing damage and increases damage for the grab PAs.

For Fighters:

Dagger gear increases your damage for every PA you use while in the air and resets when you hit the ground

Knuckle gear increases each time you attack and resets when you stop attacking. It increases the speed of all the knuckle attacks and PAs.

Dual Saber Gear lets you use the DS special action to create a wind barrier thing that damages enemies around you. It's charged by doing damage. I think the more it's charged the more damage the barrier does and the longer it lasts but don't quote me on that. I don't have it yet. x:

Techers get Wand Gear which is charged by hitting things with charged techs. It decreases slowly over time and causes melee attacks with wands to have a secondary tech based explosion after attacking.

I unfortunately don't really know what the Gunner's Twin Mech gun gear does since I don't have gunner at all x:.

Darki
Jan 13, 2013, 06:00 AM
Gear skills unlock some extra functions for some weapons that actiivate by filling a gauge (killing monsters usually, but can vary from weapon to weapon) For example, Sword Gear makes Sonic Arrow to hit three times instead of one, reduces the charge for all PAs that can charge from 5 to 1 sec, etc. In case of Partisan it increases attack range, etc.

Mirage status effect makes enemies "miss" you even if the attack went through your body. It's some sort of magic evasion effect. Shock makes enemies to get blocked randomly when trying to take some action, like for example attackis. Panic makes enemies able to attack and damage each other. The difference between burn and poison is that fire can propagate (if you get closer to somebofy who is burned you'll get burned too) while poison does more damage.

EDIT: Ninja'd. <_<

Rien
Jan 13, 2013, 01:09 PM
iirc Burn is influenced by your own attack damage and Poison is solely influenced by the opponent's maxHP.

Magus_84
Jan 13, 2013, 02:31 PM
I unfortunately don't really know what the Gunner's Twin Mech gun gear does since I don't have gunner at all x:.

Twin Mech Gear builds as you land attacks and makes you do more damage with mechguns. Taking damage lowers the bar by quite a bit, sorta proportional to the damage you take (small hits lower it less).

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 13, 2013, 03:08 PM
Sword gear causes certain PAs to charge faster, hit more times, or have bigger AoEs etc. It's charged by hitting things and slowly decreases over time, it has 3 sections and the more sections are full the greater the effect.

Dagger gear increases your damage for every PA you use while in the air and resets when you hit the ground

Dual Saber Gear lets you use the DS special action to create a wind barrier thing that damages enemies around you. It's charged by doing damage. I think the more it's charged the more damage the barrier does and the longer it lasts but don't quote me on that. I don't have it yet. x:

Small clarifications/expansions:

Sword:
-Nova Strike, Rising Edge, and Ride Slasher's charged versions charge significantly faster.
-Twister Fall's ground shockwave extends farther.
-Sonic Arrow does 1/2/3 hits based on gear level.

Dagger: Gear increases by "jumping". Full list of what jumps:
-Jumping (with your weapon drawn, so attack or step first)
*The gear registers an increase at the apex of your jump, so a small jump will get the boost quicker than a full jump.
-Shift (spinning parry, can use it during most attacks to cancel their animation)
-Raging Waltz
-Shoot Polka
-Scare Fugue (only if it hits)
-Quick March
-Symphonic Drive

A very easy way to hit max gear (3 jumps) is step attack > jump > shift> Raging Waltz.

Double Saber: Effect of more bars is a bigger whirlwind that lasts slightly longer. Max gear will last 5 seconds. The whirlwind itself also counts as more hits dealt towards the next one, so with enough quick hits or when hitting a lot of enemies you can be in constant whirlwind mode.

momoka
Jan 13, 2013, 08:39 PM
Thank you all for the answers, that clarified allot for me. ^^

Dnd
Jan 13, 2013, 09:20 PM
Twin Mech Gear builds as you land attacks and makes you do more damage with mechguns. Taking damage lowers the bar by quite a bit, sorta proportional to the damage you take (small hits lower it less).

it lowers it by one bar every-time you get hit. Curse sentry bullet damage and status effect damage doesn't reduce this, however.
The Mechgun gear only increases the damage any hit, with a full (3)gear gauge, the damage is +20% over normal and it adds up really quickly

Sp-24
Jan 13, 2013, 09:29 PM
it lowers it by one bar every-time you get hit. Curse sentry bullet damage and status effect damage doesn't reduce this, however.
The Mechgun gear only increases the damage any hit, with a full (3)gear gauge, the damage is +20% over normal and it adds up really quickly

The amount of gear that you lose also depends on how hard are you hit. For example, if the hit would have knocked you down if Infinity Fire or Elder Rebellion that you are spamming endlessly didn't give super armor, you lose the entire gauge, and not 1/3rd like with weak hits.

TERAGON1996
Jan 14, 2013, 01:29 AM
Small clarifications/expansions:

Sword:
-Nova Strike, Rising Edge, and Ride Slasher's charged versions charge significantly faster.
-Twister Fall's ground shockwave extends farther.
-Sonic Arrow does 1/2/3 hits based on gear level.

Yes the sword gear seems to multiply atks. But based on my observations, they seems to be splitted. Like using Sonic Arrow with no gear fully charge, enemy gets 300 dmg. But when full gear, the dmg was 100 each (with highest ability and no buff). So are the other PAs.