PDA

View Full Version : In need of a hunter tree

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 13, 2013, 02:42 PM
going hunter so if anyone has any advice on maxing the most damage out of hunter let me know please...thank you

Bellion
Jan 13, 2013, 02:48 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?iYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIbkIqoGXcB4 QInfcA00009b00000ib00000ib0000Ib00000ib00000f

You want something along the lines of this. You can make some minor changes if you want the Step and Just Reversal skills on the HU tree.

UnLucky
Jan 13, 2013, 02:49 PM
JA Advances, weapon gears of choice, Step Attack, Just Guard/Reversal if you want, or to be more defensive, Automate and/or Iron Will

ShinMaruku
Jan 13, 2013, 02:55 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?iYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkebkbqBtXcB4 QInfcA00009b00000ib00000ib0000Ib00000ib00000f
Pure offence or do you want something balanced? Since you have 2 trees you can do many many things.

gigawuts
Jan 13, 2013, 02:56 PM
Iron will actually seems best on an offensive build, where you're likely to take hits that bring you below 50% hp without healing.

I very frequently get taken down to 5% health on my otherwise glass cannon build and keep going knowing I'll probably survive the next hit, and then do survive the next hit.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 13, 2013, 02:59 PM
Skeleton build (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?dAIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkebkbqoqKc B4QIn00000ibrIGBIbGFIb0000ib00000ib0000Ib00000ib00 000f)

For Hunter, you could spend the rest in Fury Stance/Up, Iron Will, and/or save them for future additions/changes.

For Fighter, Chase Advance is worth a look. Step Attack/Just Reversal isn't necessary on both Fighter and Hunter, just one of the two.

The reason I give both a Fighter and Hunter tree and advise Fighter as the main: Hunter has better all-class weapons than Fighter. You can get all of the benefits of Fighter while having strong Hunter weapons.

Pre-empting a possible question on classes, subclasses, extra classes. Skip if you already know this.
[SPOILER-BOX]Class: The 6 classes (Hunter, Ranger, Force, Fighter, Gunner, Techer) have their own levels. There is no "character level". You can freely switch classes anytime from the lobby. Each class starts at level 1, but when you go back to a previously played class it will be where you left off.

Extra class: Fighter, Gunner, and Techer are not unlocked from the start. You'll have to reach level 30 in Hunter, Ranger, and Force respectively then complete a series of Client Orders to be able to use these classes. These are not strictly better/worse than their "original" counterparts. Just a different class.

Subclass: At level 20 you can complete a Client Order that lets you pick a subclass. Like main classes, you can change sub anytime from the lobby. The subclass does not gain EXP while being a sub, but you gain 20% of the sub's stats (up to your current main class's level), access to the sub's Photon Arts or Techs (but not access to their weapons, which is why there are all-class weapons available), and their skills you have learned.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Coatl
Jan 13, 2013, 03:14 PM
If you don't plan on going RA/HU, don't bother putting any points into Fury stance up. It's completely outclassed by the s-atk up skill.

As hunter, max out both JA advances and Fury stance. The rest is up to you.

Klashikari
Jan 13, 2013, 03:15 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?iYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkebkbqBtXcB4 QInfcA00009b00000ib00000ib0000Ib00000ib00000f
Pure offence or do you want something balanced? Since you have 2 trees you can do many many things.
I'm not really convinced by the few SP in your tree: there is no reason to put so many points in Fury Stance UP1, yet leaving Fury Stance at 6.
The reason is that going through 6 to 10SP will grant 40 additional S/R Atk (which is worth 8 points in FS Up1), but also mitigate the S def penalty by 20.

Also, probably mentioned several times before but as of now, there is no reason to put points in FS Up as the gain is absolutely laughable: gaining 50 points with 10 sp is quite too low, especially you could potentially max out S Atk UP1 instead, and this bonus will be permanent unlike FS UP, contributing to weapon requirement to boot.

The only exception that favors FS Up would be gunslash/sub for RA/GU and that's still quite mediocre.