PDA

View Full Version : This is just too much.

Wyndham
Jan 16, 2013, 03:16 PM
My brother has been leaving his schoolwork and sneaking up to my room to play Minecraft. I had been trying to get him to stop. Now my mom says if he leaves the first floor for any reason until he finishes his work, my mom will take my 360. Not just to use it. If he leaves the first floor for any reason, I get punished. I already told her I'd be hiding the controllers, and she doesn't care. I am seriously pisssed off right now. If he gets annoyed with me, he has the power to make things worse for me as payback for letting my mom find out he was using my 360.
This seriously sucks.

CupOfCoffee
Jan 19, 2013, 02:00 AM
Dear Coffee,

My family has too much control over me! This seriously sucks.

Sincerely,
Unamped in Pennsylvania

Dear Unamped,

You should start laying down some plans to move out. If someone's controlling your life and you don't like it, the best course of action is often as simple as going someplace where they can't get you.

Confidently,
CupOfCoffee

Nitro Vordex
Jan 19, 2013, 06:55 AM
If your door has a key, lock it. If not, get a doorknob with a key and lock it.

ShinMaruku
Jan 19, 2013, 12:42 PM
Delete minecraft and change your live credentials.

Sayara
Jan 19, 2013, 05:20 PM
Hide the Xbox completely, not just the controllers.

Wyndham
Jan 19, 2013, 07:24 PM
Dear Unamped,

You should start laying down some plans to move out. If someone's controlling your life and you don't like it, the best course of action is often as simple as going someplace where they can't get you.

Confidently,
CupOfCoffee

My problem is in order to move out, I need to have someone to help me get to my psychiatrist, get me to another town to pick up meds most places can't carry, and help me in other ways. I seriously can't leave at the moment.

Anon_Fire
Jan 24, 2013, 11:47 AM
Delete minecraft and change your live credentials.

This right here.

Wyndham
Jan 31, 2013, 12:35 PM
Now my sister is claiming I'm going to hell because I'm not selling my old games I don't play. And she is demanding I give her a game I'm ordering for myself. And she is being an even bigger jerk because I'm buying her a 3DS as a gift.
I told her she was wrong, and she starts yelling I always say that. Then I told her my mom agrees with me, and she goes crazy.

RagolianHunter
Feb 1, 2013, 02:47 PM
Woah..this is a truck load. Good luck.

Wyndham
Feb 2, 2013, 10:57 PM
More crap today. My sister was playing Minecraft in my room, and screaming at everyone. So bad I got a headache. I told her to stop yelling for that reason. she claims i was lying, and it was because I was playing my PSVita. I said I don't get headaches from games. So she claims that is proof I'm stupid and I play too much games. Then she was tilting her chair next to some of my more expensive items. She was nice enough to insult me and say I'm a bigger jerk and I can't get her to stop. And this is in my room.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 3, 2013, 01:08 AM
That doorknob with a key actually sounds like a good idea. And a small chain, but long enough to go around your neck. Lock your door, and then where the key around your neck like a necklace. If your sister continues to harass you and tries to get violent with you...

Well, at that point there's a bigger problem here that needs to be dealt with pronto.

gigawuts
Feb 3, 2013, 01:10 AM
Sounds like you need to take this shit to your parents and get them to put their kids in fucking order, jesus.

Wyndham
Feb 3, 2013, 03:06 PM
I would love to put a lock on my door. But my door restricts access to the whole attic, where my youngest brother lives in a room connected to mine. So locking my door means he can't go to his room. It makes that not an option.

gigawuts
Feb 3, 2013, 03:30 PM
Then swap rooms and lock the attic.

Wyndham
Feb 3, 2013, 03:32 PM
Then swap rooms and lock the attic.

I have the biggest bedroom in the house, and I would not fit in my brother's room. And he doesn't even have an intact door to his room.

Wyndham
Feb 10, 2013, 02:12 PM
More crap.I had a bowl next to my coffee table. My brother knocks his glass off the coffee table. It hits the bowl and breaks off the handle on the bowl. My sister claims it's my fault because I was eating soup out of the bowl. Even though it was my brother's glass. Then I said I was just annoyed, and she says I'm not allowed to be annoyed.

Wyndham
Mar 8, 2013, 01:56 PM
My sister requested to use my PSP to play Gods Eater Burst now and then. It's a white 3000. I looked at it today, and the center of the analog nub is completely black. I am very annoyed by this.

Sinue_v2
Mar 12, 2013, 03:30 PM
Count yourself lucky. My sister used to push me down the stairs, tried to throw me out of a *closed* second story window, locked me out of the house in -10 degree weather, rammed a 10-speed bike into my groin, and once tried to push me into the septic tank after the guys with the vacuum truck forgot to put the lid back on. Also, she used to chew the heads off all my little army men.

...That actually makes her sound way worse than she actually was to grow up with. It was only once in a while she'd get a hair up her ass and try to maime/kill me.

Anyhow, as for the Xbox/Minecraft problem, I'm pretty sure you can put a 4-button passcode on an account to keep other people from using it. If you're feeling a bit more industrious, you could try to put an actual lock on it. My old 386 computer had physical lock (a round one, like on pop machines) and key built in which would disable the keyboard when it was engaged. (It was a big deal when everything ran through command prompt) Didn't prevent me from just taking the case off and bypassing the lock when I was grounded, but still... it can work. Especially if the kid is fucking stupid or too timid to take things apart to see how they work.

You might be able to mod something similar into the 360's AV cables, or even better - the sata cable to the 360's HDD. Or, you know, you could just remove the HDD and hide it when not in use. If you locked it out, you're liable to have your key confiscated by your parents to lock YOU out.

Mopop
Mar 17, 2013, 05:27 PM
If you can afford a bunch of expensive items and gifting gaming consoles. You can afford a taxi to whatever the hell it is you need meds/doctor. You don't seem like you are disabled and couldn't function on your own.

Reksanden
Mar 18, 2013, 07:02 AM
If you can afford a bunch of expensive items and gifting gaming consoles. You can afford a taxi to whatever the hell it is you need meds/doctor. You don't seem like you are disabled and couldn't function on your own.

People and circumstances. He mentioned not being able to be on his own well, so he can't be on his own well.

As for your problems... I don't own a 360. Never have. So I can't help you in that regard, though the 4 number locking system sounds really good.

Your sister? Well, I had a similar problem with my niece, when she was younger. Couldn't have much to myself, because she would somehow get into EVERYTHING, and if I tried to do something about it, my sister'd go crazy on me. So I understand what you're going through.

Seems to me she either thinks/knows she can get away with believing she can do what she wants to you, with your stuff. How to cure this? It'll take either letting your parents know, which is a gamble if they take her side, or simply removing what ability she has of accessing your things, which is harder to do.

Pirrip
Mar 18, 2013, 09:51 AM
Perhaps you can get ahold of a broken PSP or broken 360 controller and put them out as if they were your old ones and that they'd give up.

Or perhaps it's time to get creative... Like very painful or very intimidating booby traps. Perhaps a bucket of coins precariously balanced at the top of the door just waiting to hit the sorry sibling... And maybe a sign on your door saying that you've rigged your room to deterr trespassers so at least they know.

Or you could be the real jerk. I mean, if you're going to stand accused of it anyway--and your whiny sister isn't going to change her opinion about you anytime soon, what more do you have to lose? You could present the new 3DS you were going to give her in one hand and a hammer/mallet in the other... and then destroy it right in front of her. Or you could start fucking up her things. Maybe smudge some crap on her clothes before she ever wears them. And tell her there's more where that came from.
As for your brother, do make it so you don't have minecraft anymore... or change your data, but leave a hidden camera recording his reaction and put it on youtube?

In all seriousness, though, it sounds like your parents are terrible. Call the Department of Children and Family Services.

Wyndham
Mar 23, 2013, 06:52 PM
Well, the only reason why i can afford much of anything is I only pay a little bit for rent. If I were on my own, I'd have little to no money for much of anything.
I have considered ways to get back at my siblings, but I gave up that kind of thing. I used to be really messed up. I have been needing to kick my siblings out of my room several times a day too.

Wyndham
Mar 25, 2013, 03:55 PM
Okay. Now my mom is angry at me for telling my sister I'd buy her a 3DS even when I talked to her about it 2 months ago she was fine with it.

Atbar
Mar 26, 2013, 04:36 PM
Don't take this the wrong way but I'm beginning to think you might be better off taking your problems to one of these:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9h6g_XOp4U8/UPq1QTovFsI/AAAAAAAAA9M/sGQBZGlBzdk/s1600/lucy-psychiatrist.gif