PDA

View Full Version : Lavis Cannon

Elden-kirby
Mar 31, 2003, 03:45 PM
Is the lavis cannon really any good, or is it just a pos??

Joe-Azlin
Mar 31, 2003, 03:47 PM
it could b a shitty weapon like dark flow. every1 thinks its sooooooooo good but its really not because u only swing once. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nero_Landale
Mar 31, 2003, 03:48 PM
it's a decent saber type weapon, not the strongest out there by far, but it's kinda cool to be able to shoot energy beams from a sword, nee? =3

Kent
Mar 31, 2003, 03:50 PM
I don't know about on the GameCube version, but on the Dreamcast versions it was a very formidable weapon. The ATP was pretty good, but it's the special attack that made it so nice to have around. That thing had insane range on the special attack, which fanned out for quite a distance. The only problem with using the special was that it had that 50% ATA penalty, which caused some whiffing, but it was a very good weapon alltogether.

Sick-One
Mar 31, 2003, 04:07 PM
If I was a fan of saber-type weapons I'd make a purplenum just so I could go lavis hunting in soul of a blacksmith. It is by far my favorite saber type weapon. Granted its special now takes hp and rarely hits (and weaker might I add), it's still a nice saber-type. I know eventually though I'd tire of always getting smacked after that third attack and start piping hildetorrs for a syncesta or two with my oran.

3 hits+saber type=looks cool and easier to get
6 hits+dagger/twin type=looks cool and kicks ass

Tulathis
Mar 31, 2003, 04:08 PM
it could b a shitty weapon like dark flow. every1 thinks its sooooooooo good but its really not because u only swing once.
Actually, you can swing more than once with the Lavis Cannon. It's the highest ATP saber-type weapon in the game, as well as one of the hardest to find weapons. So, yeah, it's good. I'm not a fan of the projectile special attack because of it's lowered ATA and HP draining though, I just use it as a saber.

Nero_Landale
Mar 31, 2003, 04:12 PM
really? in the Dreamcast version the Lavis was weaker than even a Red Saber.

Sick-One
Mar 31, 2003, 04:16 PM
On 2003-03-31 13:12, Nero_Landale wrote:
really? in the Dreamcast version the Lavis was weaker than even a Red Saber.

On dreamcast, the ver.2 weapons were made far too superior to ver.1 weapons. I remember getting my ass handed to me in ultimate forest using a lavis cannon (silly monsters and their INSANE EVP), then tearing it up when somebody nice had given me an Imperial Pick and red handgun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nero_Landale
Mar 31, 2003, 04:20 PM
so in the GCN version the V2 weapons are weaker?

Tulathis
Mar 31, 2003, 04:21 PM
On dreamcast, the ver.2 weapons were made far too superior to ver.1 weapons. I remember getting my ass handed to me in ultimate forest using a lavis cannon (silly monsters and their INSANE EVP), then tearing it up when somebody nice had given me an Imperial Pick and red handgun

I agree. It's a shame they did almost the opposite with some v2 weapons in Episode 1&2. Now the Imperial Pick is pretty average and the S-rank weapons are barely worth getting. I am happy they toned down the Spread Needle though, especially with how common they are now (realatively).

so in the GCN version the V2 weapons are weaker?
Most, but not all. But considering how much easier Episode 1&2 monsters are compared to v2 Ultimate ones, it's probably the right choice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: J-3PO on 2003-03-31 13:24 ]</font>

Nero_Landale
Mar 31, 2003, 04:47 PM
ahhh, I see. I'm glad the Spread Needle has been downgraded, I just hope my old Yasminkov shotgun is still a decent weapon.

VulpesMundi
Mar 31, 2003, 05:16 PM
The Lavis Cannon was just covered a couple days ago (among other times) here...

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=45990&forum=7

Cloud_01
Mar 31, 2003, 05:28 PM
On dreamcast, the ver.2 weapons were made far too superior to ver.1 weapons. I remember getting my ass handed to me in ultimate forest using a lavis cannon (silly monsters and their INSANE EVP), then tearing it up when somebody nice had given me an Imperial Pick and red handgun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Very true, I remember my Spread Needle taking 5-15 damage in Ultimate Ruins with my Level 118 HUmar.

What I have also noticed is that it was much harder to gain levels in V.2. I didn't play nearly as much as I did in V.2 and I'm already level 131 with my HUmar for GC PSO.

shiznitty
Mar 31, 2003, 08:34 PM
The LAvis Cannon ruled back on the dreamcast. I could take out monsters on very hard with 2 wave blasts, and i was only on lv 55. Is it still worth it to get in the GC version, or should i aim for a sealed-j sword? HAS ANYONE KILLED 2300 OR 5000 monsters with the sealed j sword yet????

ISkyly4EverI
Mar 31, 2003, 09:42 PM
On 2003-03-31 13:08, J-3PO wrote:

Actually, you can swing more than once with the Lavis Cannon. It's the highest ATP saber-type weapon in the game, as well as one of the hardest to find weapons. So, yeah, it's good. I'm not a fan of the projectile special attack because of it's lowered ATA and HP draining though, I just use it as a saber.

Highest ATP saber-type is the OROTIAGITO and the hardest to fine also...

ISkyly4EverI
Mar 31, 2003, 09:44 PM
On 2003-03-31 17:34, shiznitty wrote:
The LAvis Cannon ruled back on the dreamcast. I could take out monsters on very hard with 2 wave blasts, and i was only on lv 55. Is it still worth it to get in the GC version, or should i aim for a sealed-j sword? HAS ANYONE KILLED 2300 OR 5000 monsters with the sealed j sword yet????

Ive killed 1253 im keeping exact count, i want to c if 2300 unseals it i dont think so though...

shiznitty
Mar 31, 2003, 11:43 PM
keep it up, if it doesnt , you will have done players a great help of ridding a rumor

VulpesMundi
Apr 1, 2003, 02:02 AM
On 2003-03-31 18:42, ISkyly4EverI wrote:
Highest ATP saber-type is the OROTIAGITO and the hardest to fine also...

Incorrect. The Orochiagito is a katana-class weapon in E1&2. Sabers and katanas have completely different animations. J-3PO is correct in saying that the Lavis Cannon is now the strongest saber-class weapon.