PDA

View Full Version : HUNwearl as a Force

Garrett_TD23
Jan 27, 2013, 08:54 PM
I've been thinking of creating a HUNwearl and turning it into a Force, so to speak. I've collected a lot of Mind Materials and have been saving Techniques for the occasion. I also have a Mind Mag, now a Wizard/Tech and I maybe able to find more of these. I think it would be kind of bad ass to have essentially have a Force with more HP, Power, Hunter Weapon in hand and in short-shorts.

Nikury
Jan 28, 2013, 08:20 AM
I've never really tried mixing classes and abilities like that, but correct me if I'm wrong, I only play on GC, you wouldn't be able to use high lvl techniques if you're HUNwearl? if your technique lvl's are maxed quite low I couldn't see a use in doing that. I guess if anything it'll be pretty useful for long range battles and healing if you have a pretty decent mind mag, anyways have fun.

goodluck.

Caledonia
Jan 28, 2013, 09:16 AM
You wouldn't have grants, megid or reverser, and yes all your techs would be capped at 20, save anti which caps at 7.

You'd also cast slower...

It's possible, and I dare say you'd have fun with it, but there are a few pitfalls there.

gigawuts
Jan 28, 2013, 10:01 AM
Look for the newearl-exclusive claws. There's one with a gi-tech bonus, and one with a simple tech bonus. Viridia is probably the best ID for you, since the better claw is exclusive to that ID.

Your techs will be hard capped at 20, regardless of wizard/techniques or similar units.

Edit: If you can get an srank weapon, you'll probably get better jellen/zalure/etc. out of those. They go pretty high.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 28, 2013, 11:00 AM
Yeah S-rank Zalure and Jellen are level 33, that's even better then the FO's lv30. I suggest making a Zalure Slicer for crowd control and a Zalure Handgun for saftey.

Heart of Poumn which is Skyly/Pinkal/Yellowboze as far I recall is the reasier to find claw and boost stats like Def and Mst +15 asiode the usual ATP and ATA boost. If you want a claw for techs you cna spend your soul and life hunting Real Nei claw. This claw has the Spirit as special which takesa bout 1/4th of your TP to deal 2x as much damage (and the raw power is very high too) as well boosts Foie/Barta/Zonde with 20%. Claws have a pretty fast casting animation as well for a melee weapon.

Other then that I can't recall there being much Tech damage boosting weapons a Hunewearl can equip, most if not all are FO only.

Edit: I forgot, Hell S-ranks will take care of the lack of Megid. You can't make up for the lack of Grants and Reverser though~

Garrett_TD23
Jan 28, 2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. I forgot that /Technique units are still limited to the cap, but no matter, this little experiment ought to still be fun. I hope to eventually get some nice barriers that boost my techs and I was also thinking of equipping a knuckle type weapon that will give my my defense and evasion a major boost.

I like the Claw weapons a lot, no HUNwearl would be complete without one. I'm not holding out hope for a real NEI's claw or S-Rank weapon. I'll have to figure out which section ID I want to be. I already have a Pinkal and Oran, so something that compliments them.

Caledonia
Jan 28, 2013, 07:31 PM
Redria seems to get all the armours, which would be useful. Or Whitil for the few specific rares only they get(Rico's earrings/glasses).

Alternatively I find Yelloboze covers most of the bases.

T0m
Jan 29, 2013, 04:15 AM
Experiment away, of course. I don't think I would recommend it, though.

What kind of playstyle do you think you'll adopt with this Force-Hunewearl?
Predominantly techs? You'll find your level 20 techs lacking in damage, and will run out of TP all the time. Regardless of all the TP and Mind mats you used.

A mix of melee and techs? You'll probably wish your action menu had double the amount of buttons. Just as a pure force I wish I had a couple more than six. You'll also be carrying more weapons than you'll find comfortable. Because you are two classes at once, you also have twice the number of weapons with you.
Just like in the first scenario, your tech damage isn't of much use. While meleeing you'll constantly take more damage than necessary, because you're equipped with tech-boosting shields instead of shields that raise your evasion.

Or are you going to go predominantly melee, with just the support aspects from the Force? Using the level 20 S/D/J/Z to get the most out of your melee attacks, and only using offensive techs if an enemy is really weak to techs? That sounds like the best case. Still, I wouldn't use mind materials. MST does not affect five of the six support techs you can use, so it may be more efficient to focus on power and evasion materials.
This will work, but this isn't really a Force- Hunewearl. Just aregular Huney. ;]

Ce'Nedra
Jan 29, 2013, 07:07 AM
Or are you going to go predominantly melee, with just the support aspects from the Force? Using the level 20 S/D/J/Z to get the most out of your melee attacks, and only using offensive techs if an enemy is really weak to techs? That sounds like the best case. Still, I wouldn't use mind materials. MST does not affect five of the six support techs you can use, so it may be more efficient to focus on power and evasion materials.
This will work, but this isn't really a Force- Hunewearl. Just aregular Huney. ;]

That's what I do kinda but once you hit Ultimate you will notice the techs barely do anything. I use them for tagging and freezeing (Rabarta) more then anything else really...Specially EP1 has to high tech resistance on ultimate, EP2 has some lower I think and Hell works much better in EP2 then EP1 as well. This is really the best way to play a Hunewearl if you wanna stand a chance really.

@op: If you already have Pinkal and Oran I would suggest either Redria or Skyly. Skyly will provide you all the hunter weapons you can dream off and has a easy shot at Heart of Poumn which is a Hunewearl only claw (50% drop rate from Ultimate Love Rappies in Temple). Redria has the exclusive God/Battle (increases attack speed) and gets most if not all armors and alot of strong shields too.

Its what you prefer, if you want alot of weapons go Skyly if you want alot of armors and less chance at good weapons pick Redria.

Konan
Jan 29, 2013, 05:58 PM
Why not just use 4 God/HP or Dragon/HP on a Force like I do? and use a bunch of Def Materials. Using a mag that is Mind strict with this will help as well. Using these my Def is little over 400, 600 when using Deband and I have 626 HP being a 65 Force, while still having over 1200 mana*.

Garrett_TD23
Jan 29, 2013, 08:12 PM
Which section ID drops the infamous God/Equip? ;)

Ce'Nedra
Jan 30, 2013, 02:32 AM
Action Replay. That ID is so rare you have a 1/10000000000000000000000 chance to obtain it when creating a character. The ID symbol shines in the colour of all 10 other ID's and can drop EVERY rare in the entire game including Red Ring and PGF.

Konan
Jan 30, 2013, 10:43 AM
Which section ID drops the infamous God/Equip? ;)

Best way to get a God/Body or God/HP is with a Skyly :-)

God/HP drops off a Nar Lily 7/8 chance, best chance out of all the IDs
God/Body if you want it ( gives 50 defense ) also drops with the Skyly ID 7/8 chance off of a Pouilly slime.

I suggest doing the Addicted Foods Quest til you get a Nar lily to spawn, be warned I have done it well over 10 times and only got 2 to drop. Maybe your luck will be better ^^
oh something I also forgot to mention is that they only drop the God/HP or God/Body on Very Hard mode. sorry :P