PDA

View Full Version : Best way to level at 138

Konan
Jan 29, 2013, 12:38 PM
I have been going through the Forest/Cave/Mines over and over and over and over and over since I was level 90 and now it takes 3 runs of EACH just to level now and it still takes me almsot a hour and a half to complete the mines since im a HUnewearl, I am using Red Handgun and Red Dagger but it doesnt give enough damage. Anyway would it be easier to do just Mines and Ruins or just go to Episode 2?

T0m
Jan 29, 2013, 03:29 PM
Ruins might be faster, since there are more enemies to kill than in the other areas, if you're playing alone and offline.

I don't think Episode 2 would be faster. Temple and Seabed don't have that many enemies, and the exp is (probably) less than you'd get in Mines, per enemy. Control Center's enemies are annoying in that they tend to cause status effects. And the areas seem larger, with enemies more wide spread (especially seaside). Seabed will probably still be pretty tough.
Episode 2 is fun for the variety it offers. It's probably not the best place to get the best exp/time ratio.

If you are playing on Gamecube and have another character at level 80+, you could hook up another controller and do multimode (multiplayer?) by your self. You'll get more enemies and slightly more exp per enemy, compared to single player. The downsides are that the enemies are tougher, you only have half the screen and you will need both characters for every transporter. (So there's some downtime when you need to move the secondary character.)

Apart from that, maybe there are some good quests you could do.

Konan
Jan 29, 2013, 05:49 PM
I'll give multiplayer mode a try, also ive noticed from playing with my friends a long time ago the enemies attack faster on top of hitting harder. I wanted to get online but couldnt find a adapter, and all but one server is down from what I hear but im not for sure. Well ill try it.

Oh also if I unlocked Ultimate mode on my 65 FOnewearl would I be able to do multiplayer ultimate with her or do I need a 80+?

Garrett_TD23
Jan 29, 2013, 06:18 PM
The offline quest "Addicting Food" has about as many enemies as a multiplayer game. It's really easy to unlock, just beat Forest and the first 3 offline quest. And of course, before you finish the quest, end the game. I believe Caves 1 in particular has the most enemies and they will come in waves.

Back in the day, I've also level up by running through the offline quest "Retired Hunter" and "Doc's Secret Plan". Once you do it a few times you'll remember the map and the fastest ways to the enemies. I like the assist from Elenor and Donoph.

Konan
Jan 29, 2013, 07:20 PM
I thought about doing quests for EXP but never got around to it, I did addicted food already so i need to do ALL the quests to redo those now.

T0m
Jan 30, 2013, 08:50 AM
Oh also if I unlocked Ultimate mode on my 65 FOnewearl would I be able to do multiplayer ultimate with her or do I need a 80+?

Yeah, in multiplayer there is a minimum level requirement to enter Ultimate, so you'll have to level up your other force to level 80.

Two other points you might not know: player 1's section ID decides the drops, and player 1 needs to have an area unlocked in singleplayer mode before you can go there in multiplayer mode.

Konan
Jan 30, 2013, 10:39 AM
I have everything unlocked on my HUnewearl so that won't be a problem, didn't realize the drop ID though, ty for the heads up.

Garrett_TD23
Jan 30, 2013, 04:12 PM
Run through "Addicting Foods", in particular Cave 1.

gigawuts
Jan 30, 2013, 04:16 PM
Are there any items you don't have but still want? If yes, hunt for them. You might level at a more decent pace once you optimize your hunting routine, plus you might get that weapon to kill things faster.

Konan
Jan 30, 2013, 06:56 PM
Are there any items you don't have but still want? If yes, hunt for them. You might level at a more decent pace once you optimize your hunting routine, plus you might get that weapon to kill things faster.

Hmm I have been looking into getting Guard Wave Armor and if you can suggest a new shield for me ill hunt for that too, but at the moment I am farming the living hell for a hildetorr so I can get a Red Saber then next is a Red Sword. Gonna be awhile for all these things lol, Also I have to complete EVERY quest so I can redo Fake in Yellow since I did it already.

gigawuts
Jan 30, 2013, 09:53 PM
You're a HUnewearl...I bet you would really gain from a full flowen's set. Shield, unit, and sword. I don't know if that's an attainable goal for you with your ID's, though...What is your ID? I might have missed it.

Konan
Jan 31, 2013, 09:58 AM
You're a HUnewearl...I bet you would really gain from a full flowen's set. Shield, unit, and sword. I don't know if that's an attainable goal for you with your ID's, though...What is your ID? I might have missed it.

I am a Greennillwith my HUnewearl, and I got the Flowens Shield and its being used atm on my Skyly RAcast. I have been trying to find the Unit but no luck, I have at least 12 or so swords in my bank already so no worries on that.

gigawuts
Jan 31, 2013, 11:17 AM
The flowen's set really shines when you get the "true" flowen's sword, with the most damage and a spirit special (ideal for HUnewearls). It only shows up for Yellowboze in Temple, unfortunately.

For your RAcast you might enjoy a set of s-parts ver2.01, a shield only equippable by casts that adds a static 15 ATA - even over the cap. It's VERY handy for casts and drives them over human ATA. It drops on Greennill from normal gillchics at 1/10k. I found mine by doing Unsealed Door repeatedly with my RAmarl, only took 30 runs though.

It's not great exp, but with the s-parts you can swap the flowen's shield to your HUnewearl and...this is getting complicated. But then, that's how I always went about things in PS - get fun gadgets and level along the way.

What ID is your FOnewearl?

In the meantime you can look for a Flowen's Frame from a So Dimenian in VH Temple, if you're interested in completing that set.

Konan
Jan 31, 2013, 11:26 AM
The flowen's set really shines when you get the "true" flowen's sword, with the most damage and a spirit special (ideal for HUnewearls). It only shows up for Yellowboze in Temple, unfortunately.

For your RAcast you might enjoy a set of s-parts ver2.01, a shield only equippable by casts that adds a static 15 ATA - even over the cap. It's VERY handy for casts and drives them over human ATA. It drops on Greennill from normal gillchics at 1/10k. I found mine by doing Unsealed Door repeatedly with my RAmarl, only took 30 runs though.

It's not great exp, but with the s-parts you can swap the flowen's shield to your HUnewearl and...this is getting complicated. But then, that's how I always went about things in PS - get fun gadgets and level along the way.

In the meantime you can look for a Flowen's Frame from a So Dimenian in VH Temple, if you're interested in completing that set.

Are you serious -_- I JUST re created my Yellowboze, ugh now I hav to re create it again. And my FOnewearl is lv 65 Bluefull. Also im nto sure if I want to farm that shield for my RAcast O_O I might just give him one of my Sheild of Delsaber or Attribute Walls. I am more focused on BS-ing my HUnewearl atm lol

Konan
Jan 31, 2013, 04:10 PM

Nvm my memory card got corrupt and now I have nothing -_- im done with this game.

gigawuts
Jan 31, 2013, 04:26 PM
Well fuck.

I'm really sorry dude.

Konan
Jan 31, 2013, 04:35 PM
Well fuck.

I'm really sorry dude.

so am I, everything me and my friend worked on before she died is gone and my memory card is useless now, I have a back up memory card with a 100 and 50s on it but the character my friend had is gone, she gave it to me and well look at me now :-( I screwed up.
I didnt even go online once yet it got corrupted... I dont understand how...

gigawuts
Jan 31, 2013, 05:08 PM
There may be ways to fix it. I've never had that issue, and didn't go online with my GC, so I wouldn't know details. But it might be salvageable.

Do you use PSO+? Sometimes data considered corrupt by the original GC version can still be read with PSO+, IIRC.

I also know of people who run servers made specifically to create items if you've lost them in exactly that way, but I don't know where they are or who runs them (And saying so here even if I knew would be against the forum rules).

Sorry man :(

Konan
Jan 31, 2013, 05:18 PM
There may be ways to fix it. I've never had that issue, and didn't go online with my GC, so I wouldn't know details. But it might be salvageable.

Do you use PSO+? Sometimes data considered corrupt by the original GC version can still be read with PSO+, IIRC.

I also know of people who run servers made specifically to create items if you've lost them in exactly that way, but I don't know where they are or who runs them (And saying so here even if I knew would be against the forum rules).

Sorry man :(

Nope I cant do anything all my memory is gone, I tried looking up to delete the guild file to see if it would fix it, but NOPE it was all gone. I dont play PSO+ no I play the original on the GC. And the only thing I did that may have done it that I can think of is piping for rares, or equipping 2 God/HP to a low level character, Also using a level 200 mag a level 1. So I was thinking maybe the game could of read that a level 1 was oeverpowered and detected cheating or hacks and said that... but that dont explain how everything got deleted on my memory card.

Oh I did use my memory card on the Wii a few times before, but that was almost a year ago. Could it have been that? some virus that was just undetected or offline that long and suddenly loading up? I used my memory card everyday since then so.... ugh im just rambling now :-( I dont understand what happened

gigawuts
Jan 31, 2013, 05:25 PM
It may have been the piping, due to lots of reading and writing (But I think that's mainly an issue for the CD drive, not the memory card), or it may have just been old.

And how do you mean "gone?" As in, the files have been erased from the memory card? Are there any other save files left on it? Were there any others before?

If you still have the files there at all, you may have success getting PSO+ and just changing out the discs. That would supposedly only fix a few problems, though, and I really don't know much about that. I'm sure someone else around here will know more than me, albeit they may not be able to help depending on the problem.

Requiem Aeternam
Jan 31, 2013, 05:30 PM
It really sucks that your card has corrupted. I'd probably throw my console through my TV if that happened to me.

As for possible causes, I doubt it has anything to do with your Lv1 characters' equipment. I use Lv200 Mags and God Equips on Lv1 characters all the time and I've never been corrupted. I've also only ever played PSO on a Wii so I don't think that's the problem. I've heard that PSO tends to corrupt more when using third party memory cards so maybe that's what happened?

Konan
Jan 31, 2013, 05:36 PM
It really sucks that your card has corrupted. I'd probably throw my console through my TV if that happened to me.

As for possible causes, I doubt it has anything to do with your Lv1 characters' equipment. I use Lv200 Mags and God Equips on Lv1 characters all the time and I've never been corrupted. I've also only ever played PSO on a Wii so I don't think that's the problem. I've heard that PSO tends to corrupt more when using third party memory cards so maybe that's what happened?

... I have one of those... and my back up characters are on another one...
I could dig up my Memory card with like 50 something memory on it if that will prevent corruption

Konan
Jan 31, 2013, 05:50 PM
It may have been the piping, due to lots of reading and writing (But I think that's mainly an issue for the CD drive, not the memory card), or it may have just been old.

And how do you mean "gone?" As in, the files have been erased from the memory card? Are there any other save files left on it? Were there any others before?

If you still have the files there at all, you may have success getting PSO+ and just changing out the discs. That would supposedly only fix a few problems, though, and I really don't know much about that. I'm sure someone else around here will know more than me, albeit they may not be able to help depending on the problem.

its ok, and thanks for talking with me.
makes me feel a little better.

Requiem Aeternam
Jan 31, 2013, 05:51 PM
... I have one of those... and my back up characters are on another one...
I could dig up my Memory card with like 50 something memory on it if that will prevent corruption

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to transfer character files between memory cards. I think I tried it and it said it was unable to copy the file.

EDIT:

Seeing that you've played on a Wii, why don't you try your memory card on that?

Konan
Jan 31, 2013, 06:10 PM
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to transfer character files between memory cards. I think I tried it and it said it was unable to copy the file.

EDIT:

Seeing that you've played on a Wii, why don't you try your memory card on that?

I cant try it on my wii, My wii was given to my grand parents for there anniversary. Also I could care less if I can transfer characters, I always keep a back up character for storage on items, I have a Red Handgun and Delsaber Buster/Shield in storage also possibly a shield. I just need a new mag now.

Requiem Aeternam
Jan 31, 2013, 06:41 PM
As long as you have some items saved then it's not so bad. I have several back-up characters with 9* weapons in storage just incase something goes wrong with my main file.

Konan
Jan 31, 2013, 08:29 PM
yep, it wont take me long to get another 138. But still, I lost my Red Dagger and my NEW Red Mechgun :(